PDA

View Full Version : bagging systems.

bone1
08-04-2008, 01:35 AM
to the guys that use a bagging system. what do you do with the clippings? are you putting them in bags, trash cans, or on trucks (dump beds)? was gonna order a bagging system, but trying to get some info first. trying to see if it is worth it. thanks for any info!

ALC-GregH
08-04-2008, 10:44 AM
most of the properties I cut have a debris pile I can add the clipping to. If not, I can dump a load of clippings at the landfill for $5!

Shuter
08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
I bag all residential properties evry cut. The clippings are dumped into the truck. At the end of the day the clippings are dumped at a recycling center.

bone1
08-04-2008, 11:48 PM
thanks for the replies!

ColePyck
08-05-2008, 02:21 AM
small 2yd dumpster does it for me only 36 monthly

grassaholic
08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
There are some pics of my rig on this page. http://www.emmettequipment.com/11.html Just click the link, My pics are the ones labled Hittinger Custom Landscapes. The page also has pics of other guys rigs that collect grass as well.

TomberLawn
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
That's a pretty cool rig, grassaholic. I'd imagine that NPR gets pretty heavy after a day of loading wet clipping, but they are strong little trucks.

I only bag one property, and mainly because it has a lot of trash that would take a long time to pick up if I mulched. The restaurant has a dumpster, so I just dump the bag in it.

mowerbrad
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
I fill the back of my trailer with any grass I get and then just dump it off at my uncle's property in the compost piles. I try to not bag if I can but several people want it bagged all year.

grassaholic
08-07-2008, 09:55 PM
That's a pretty cool rig, grassaholic. I'd imagine that NPR gets pretty heavy after a day of loading wet clipping, but they are strong little trucks.

I only bag one property, and mainly because it has a lot of trash that would take a long time to pick up if I mulched. The restaurant has a dumpster, so I just dump the bag in it.

Thanx for the compliment! As far as the weight, it can get pretty heavy. I've only filled it in one day once. That was a long day during leaf cleanup last fall. I can mow for a full week during the summer when it starts getting hot and dry and only fill it about half way. You really don't need that big of a box. The only reason I made it that big is because of the height of the discharge tube on the vac when mounted on the truck. The extra capacity comes in handy in the fall but I've been wondering what that big box does to my gas mileage, full or empty! I'm learning as I go along as far as grass collection goes. I side discharged for 14 yrs. before going to collecting like I do now. I do have to say that I wouldn't go back to side discharge for residential mowing. Collecting has really helped to speed things up for me on all my properties. No more double cutting or going back to blow grass out of all the landscape beds. When it gets hot and my edges look good from the week before.... no trimming or blowing!!!!:cool2: I can just mow and go and it looks great.

TomberLawn
08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
I side discharged for 14 yrs. before going to collecting like I do now. I do have to say that I wouldn't go back to side discharge for residential mowing. Collecting has really helped to speed things up for me on all my properties. No more double cutting or going back to blow grass out of all the landscape beds. When it gets hot and my edges look good from the week before.... no trimming or blowing!!!!

Have you ever tried mulching? I guess if you got blowout from around the deck, you might need to blow. How long does it take your vac to suck up a load of grass from the Walker?