PDA

View Full Version : Just started lawn care business

southern cutter
08-04-2008, 01:47 AM
What is the bestway to get clients should i drop cards at real estate offices might that work

MowHouston
08-04-2008, 02:00 AM
www.CraigsList.org works really well here in the Houston area. Post on there in the Household Services section. Specify your minimum price and your service area. You should start getting some calls.

Real Estate places usually already have their guys set up with them. Search the forums for "advertising" you'll get tons of ideas. Your questions gets asked weekly by other new guys just like you.

If you want, pm me with your service area and I'll try to send you some business as well if the customers are out of my area or if I simply have to turn them away due to overscheduling.

southern cutter
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
thank you mow houston i will try that my area will be from 1960 champion forest to the woodlands i live in the woodlands if me and you could hook up one day you will see anyone you refer me to will be very happy. do you know where i can buy a used 48'' zero turn for about $2500? I have been mowing since 1989 I am 27 i have a wife and 4 kids but finally starting my own lawn care i am not looking for a hand out just a hand up once again thanks

southern cutter
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
thank you mow houston i will try that my area will be from 1960 champion forest to the woodlands i live in the woodlands if me and you could hook up one day you will see anyone you refer me to will be very happy. do you know where i can buy a used 48'' zero turn for about $2500? I have been mowing since 1989 I am 27 i have a wife and 4 kids but finally starting my own lawn care i am not looking for a hand out just a hand up once again thanks

MowHouston
08-04-2008, 11:00 PM

I'd just keep an eye out on ebay or craigslist for that mower. I dont know anyone though.

Saw this one on Craigslist but I'm not into ZTRs so I'm not sure about it.

http://houston.craigslist.org/grd/778911591.html

SNAPPER MAN
08-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Southern Cutter, I have a Cubcadet Commercial 48" walkbehind mower that only has 10 hours on it for sale. Im asking $2500. It comes with a grass gobbler catcher.

Baseballman387
08-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I would drop the cards off at any ads boards in groceries stores, post offices, and any other places like this. Dropping off at real estate office...sounds like a good idea. :usflag:

dago52
08-06-2008, 01:09 AM
I have just started my part time lawn care business within the last month. My primary job is in sales and I have been through multiple training courses. The way I approached my customers was door to door cold calling. It makes it much harder for the customer to say no and you make them feel like they are an asset to your business. Ask yourself, when was the last time you purchased anything off of a flyer? Keep the money from the flyers and buy some equipment. Just take some time in the evenings and weekends to schedule your calls in a different areas. Zone out a map and target different zones on different days. Remember to keep it close due to the price of fuel. Finally, after the accounts are established, word of mouth will pay high dividends if your work is good.

Good Luck

southern cutter
08-06-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks dago52 for the info i am from Louisiana too nice to meet you

CoopersLandscaping
08-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, anything and everything you can do. Signs on the road, business cards in stores, find some buliten boards and hang a card up there. Anything you can think of , DO IT

SNAPPER MAN
08-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Southern Cutter, Where in spring are you? I too live and work in spring.

mjealey
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Snapper Man, I see you run some Snapper Pro's. What all do you have?

ein999
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
craigslist works really well and try your local newspapaer and dont forget the yellow pages is a really really good because hey everyone gets the yellow pages right! pass out fliers and go door to door and if that doesnt work theres ways to actually pay for work if you want to shed some of your hard earner money. I think i just about comvered everything.

Everydollar you spend on the eccentric yellow pages and they all add up you know what i mean.

keep your head up youll get there!

Hard work really pays off at the end of the night take it from me. I have a total 800 accounts i service and i didnt get there by sitting on my ass.

southern cutter
08-07-2008, 07:46 AM
snapper man i live in spring rayford sawdust exit or you can say the woodlands