PDA

View Full Version : M & M Lawn

Mike Royce
08-04-2008, 09:06 AM
How important is it to mow on the exact same day each week? I sometimes move clients around, but only a day early or late, no big shifts. What does everyone else do?

All Season Lawn Care
08-04-2008, 10:26 AM
try to keep them on the same day and around the same time so they can expect you to be there at that time

daveintoledo
08-04-2008, 12:27 PM
it depends on the growth rate of the lawn, some of the customers who fertilize may be on a 4 or 5 day schedule, where some are on a 6 or 7 day schedule,

some lawns have nicer conditions for grass to grow, some not as nice....

we base the mowing schedule on the rate of growth...

some customers if the request it and dont fertalize want to be on a specific day, so we try to accomadate them also....

Cranky Bait
08-04-2008, 12:35 PM
I have one commercial account that I mow every Sunday night the owner wants to feel good about his business every monday when he starts. It sets me up for the work week.

grass_cuttin_fool
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I try to keep them on the same day each week unless it rains or something else happens. I have one customer that says I havent varied over 15 minutes in the 3 years Ive serviced his property.

I have some customers that leave me a note or make a point to see me if they need/want something extra done....if Im a day early then they dont see me and I may miss out on some work

wayne

South Florida Lawns
08-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I usually keep em all on the same day unless I'm behind from rain or something.

ambersLawnmowing
08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
With me it revolves every 11days never the same day. My customers know this and never complain. I say it is a Bi-Weekly service but i get 3 times per month to bill them. I do have a Weekly service also, there are only 13 people on it and they get mowed every Friday, so they can host parties and such over the weekend.

LushGreenLawn
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
What do you guys do when you have a full day of 7 day customer, and a full day of 5 day customers fall on the same day? Are you running different crews for each?

m2churc
08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I have been behind because of rain nearly every week since first week of june. on a couple of occasions as much as three days. i try to keep every one on same day but we have been getting rain everyday some times as early as 1pm it makes for a crap week and feeling that your always playing catch up. i hate it and often worry about customers. a couple of days doesnt seem to hurt, have not had any customers complain yet but im sure it will happen at some point. they all know it rains and i have a lot of retired customers that are always home, i try to never miss their day. some retired people that have gone north i can let them go an extra day or two to get others done with no complaints. a couple of resi that no one lives in because they are for sale. no complaint
on those either if a day or two late due to rain. i just move schedual around to minimize impact on customer satisfaction the best i can juggle the ones that are less likely to notice or be upset (either no one there or working person not retired that is not there watching out the window to see when you show up.) fit them in the best i can and keep going. some lco's in my area only mow every 10 days anyway their lawns are always taller than mine and that is three cuts per month with alternating days anyway. tuesday one week and thursday or friday next week. i have picked up accounts because of this but not a whole bunch of them.

just try to be as consistant as possible and keep mowing try not to get to far behind same day if you can every week if rained out make it up asap during the same cut week