PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Cub Cadet TANK owners.

BartonLawn
08-04-2008, 11:14 AM
So what do you guys that own TANKS think of your machines?

Hows the overall quality?

Cut?

Ride?

Hows the collection system on leaves?

TIA :)

SNAPPER MAN
08-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I have a 2008 Cubcadet Commercial TANK with the 48" Select Cut System Deck and a 23hp kawasaki engine and the mower is awsome. It never ever bogs down and cuts absolutly beautifully. It stripes st. augustine which most other mowers cannot do. The ride is comfortable because of the articulating front axle and the standard suspension seat. I cannot speak for the collection system because I do not have one but Im sure it would work very good.

BartonLawn
08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I have a 2008 Cubcadet Commercial TANK with the 48" Select Cut System Deck and a 23hp kawasaki engine and the mower is awsome. It never ever bogs down and cuts absolutly beautifully. It stripes st. augustine which most other mowers cannot do. The ride is comfortable because of the articulating front axle and the standard suspension seat. I cannot speak for the collection system because I do not have one but Im sure it would work very good.

Thanks Snapper Man, I'm in the process of narrowing the field in my purchase decision and the Cub Cadet is in the running do to the quality of our local dealer.

It certainly looks like a good machine.

I'm going to try and get away this week and demo one. I'll post my humble impressions after I've done that. :)

Nosmo
08-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi: I have a 2006 54" with the command cut deck. It does a very good job, no scalping, no stringers and for Oklahoma grass (bermuda) it does something unusual -- it lays pretty good stripes.

If I were shopping for another mower I'd move up to this year's or next with that new select cut deck.

Nosmo

J.A.G LAWNCARE
08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
have a 2004 tank 48 inch with 19 kaw , 900 hours never missed a days work .........have a bagger but no blower clogs when leaves are to thick .......in the fall i will mow the yard with it clogged ,works like a mulcher then i will un clog and mow it again looks great when done.....................