PDA

View Full Version : Bob-cat vs Toro

mowerbrad
08-04-2008, 02:55 PM
I know I'm going to get alot of opinions on this topic but I'm in need of some advise. Which mower is better Bob-cat or Toro? I already have the bob-cat but I have been having too many problems with the engine and I have no dealer around me that I will deal with. My stihl dealer is also a Toro dealer and they are great to work with. I have set up a demo for a 60" Z master with the turbo force deck to see how I like the mower. So any opinions between the two brands?

CCS
08-04-2008, 03:38 PM
What engine and what kinda problems?

Danielslawnservice
08-04-2008, 03:54 PM
What engine and what kinda problems?

DIDO!!

at my church i use 2 old Bobcat's back from the mid to late 90's and they are still working great!

mowerbrad
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Its a Briggs ELS seris 22hp. The major problem currently is having to do with the engine fluctuating rpms when the pto is engaged. So far the past two engines on this mower (also briggs) have had plenty of problems.

Danielslawnservice
08-04-2008, 08:28 PM
GO w/ KAWI thats what the bobcats i use have
no major problems

KatKutter
08-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Kaws, and kohlers are what I run on my cats. Mostley kohlers for the simple reason I no the engines better. Sounds like your main jet on your carb is stopped up. Any time an engine haunts, its starving for fuel, or from my knowledge that was the cause. Could be to small a fuel filter not allowing enough fuel to pass when in a load. I love the bobcats have used them for years. But all I buy is kaw or kohler on my mowers.

Bigdog9501
08-05-2008, 05:50 AM
I do not know what shape your Bobcat is in but it might be cheaper just to buy a new Kaw engine and put it on. Just a thought.

David Haggerty
08-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Toro makes probably the best ZTR out there. If not the best certainly one of the more expensive.
Do you need a new Z? It's not been that long ago you were considering dumping your Z for a WB.
Since you're having engine problems I'd think Bigdog 9501 has your solution.

mowerbrad
08-05-2008, 11:43 AM
My main reason for wanting to get rid of the bob-cat is not being able to find a place to service it easily. The dealer I bought my bob-cat from told me (not until I needed it fixed) that they will not service the mower. I of coarse didn't know that until then. They had always told me that they would service it but once I needed fixed they told me they wouldn't. The next closest dealer is about an hour and a half away, the closest toro dealer is 25 minutes away.

mowerbrad
08-05-2008, 11:46 AM
I do not know what shape your Bobcat is in but it might be cheaper just to buy a new Kaw engine and put it on. Just a thought.

This briggs engine on it now has about 60-70 hours on it. It was dropped in the mower at the very end of last fall when I was done working. This is actually the 3rd engine thats been in it since I got the mower just over a year ago.