PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can attend classes to learn irrigation

Eileenc
08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi - I live in the NY area and am interested in learning the irrigation profession. Any ideas where I can attend class? Thanks Eileen

greenmonster304
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
not sure where to take classes where you are but in suffolk county ny the vocational school has adult classes at night. you can also find info here http://irrigationtutorials.com/

Eileenc
08-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Hi Greenmonster - Thanks for reply. What is the name of that vocational school in Suffolk - Im interested... Thanks.

metro36
08-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I think Boces had some last season. I am pretty sure they had like 3 different levels of classes too. I never received the course book this season so I don't know if they still have them.

greenmonster304
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I think Boces had some last season. I am pretty sure they had like 3 different levels of classes too. I never received the course book this season so I don't know if they still have them.

i got their book last week and it has irrigation classes in the fall

dago52
08-05-2008, 12:48 AM
You may want to check with your local irrigation companies in your area. My local company puts on a couple classes a year for their customers. In Louisiana, you must now have a licsense to install an irrigation system.

Eileenc
08-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Which Boces in Suffolk - I called Boces in Nassau and they sd they didnt have any irrigation classes. Do u know the location in Suffolk? Thanks so much for the info - really appreciate it. If u wouldn't mind can u fax me the information at 516-829-5527 to my attention (Eileen) on the irrigation classes u saw in the book.

Captain K
08-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Which Boces in Suffolk - I called Boces in Nassau and they sd they didnt have any irrigation classes. Do u know the location in Suffolk? Thanks so much for the info - really appreciate it. If u wouldn't mind can u fax me the information at 516-829-5527 to my attention (Eileen) on the irrigation classes u saw in the book.

eileen curley, I'll tell u where I learn mine and how its free but just how bad u want to learn....As for me I just offer my free labor for a will teach knowledge from any contractor that u know or saw them doing a job..(really)Just ask who ever is in charge that u want to help for free and beleive me they will teach u its hand on....U got to find time to just work with them..That's how I learn mine and in a long run that free labor is your gain....