PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Trolley

walkerowner06
08-04-2008, 08:18 PM
I found this video on youtube. Looks like a good idea and seems to work pretty good. Also check out the Superwheels video it is the 5th video down on the list to the right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8C-ZVWTrq8

Keith
08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Looks like a solution looking for a problem. Everything they are doing looks more complicated because of the wheels. If the weight bothers someone, try a shoulder harness.

Genlandscape
08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
If you need training wheels o your line trimmer, oyu need to find another livelyhood=:) Looks like an intresting concept, but just one more thing to break.

MnDLawn
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
And employees are great at breaking things. That thing would last about a day.

Down2EarthLawns
08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
That thing would slow you down more than help. But, if you're a homeowner and like toys, here's something else for you to play with......good luck!

Dean of Green
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I have 2 of them and love them. Works great. I also have the backpack brace for blowers. It's a pole with 2 wheels that extends 2 feet behind you to the ground. No more falling backwards with that cumbersome blower on my back.

tacoma200
08-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I hear the John Deere 900 series will be offered with training wheels. They are still working on the simpler is better approach to ZTR's.

Jason Rose
08-04-2008, 11:18 PM
You can't be Effing serious... I mean really... Are there really people out there so ate up with dumb that they think some screw brained deal like that is actually a good idea? And for the people that are sitting around and INVENTING this crap, they are just a whole breed to themselves.

Dean of Green
08-04-2008, 11:26 PM
You can't be Effing serious... I mean really... Are there really people out there so ate up with dumb that they think some screw brained deal like that is actually a good idea? And for the people that are sitting around and INVENTING this crap, they are just a whole breed to themselves.

So judgemental. All I can say, is that since I got my backpack brace I have not had any soreness. And now when I fall over it is never backwards.

Runner
08-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Just another novelty. this is almost asgoof of idea as the trimmer that attaches to the deck of the mower...Yeah,...THAT'S gonna work! :rolleyes:

Genlandscape
08-05-2008, 12:01 AM
What's this about falling over, beer is for AFTER work not lunch! no pain no gain

Grits
08-05-2008, 02:15 AM
I think it is for really old people that still maintain their own yard. For anyone else, it is very gay.

Lakewlc
08-05-2008, 08:57 AM
that wouldnt last a day with us. mabey good for a homeowner.

Allens LawnCare
08-05-2008, 09:23 AM
That's the dumbest thing I've seen....I believe stihl makes one.

Lazer_Z
08-05-2008, 07:04 PM
That's the dumbest thing I've seen....I believe stihl makes one. You believe Stihl makes what, that wheel thing? are you serious?

G.M.Landscaping
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Has anyone seen that infomercial for that hedge trimmer and vacuum? It has a spinning blade and collection system. Now that's funny .
https://www.buygardengroom.com/vcc/allstar/gardengroom/457936/

tlb9596
08-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Has anyone seen that infomercial for that hedge trimmer and vacuum? It has a spinning blade and collection system. Now that's funny .
https://www.buygardengroom.com/vcc/allstar/gardengroom/457936/

Wow, that thing looks like it's better suited for Manscaping than anything else. :rolleyes: :laugh:

trinity1
08-05-2008, 08:38 PM
So judgemental. All I can say, is that since I got my backpack brace I have not had any soreness. And now when I fall over it is never backwards.

If I ever see anyone fall over backwards with a backpack blower on because Its to big I am gonna laugh so hard and then help them up and laugh some more. If I ever see someone with a brace to keep them from falling over I will kick the brace out then laugh. If you need the trimmer trolly please quit and find a different line of work you gave it your best shot.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-05-2008, 08:41 PM
to each its own

mississippiturf
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Next thing we'll see is a Segway come out with two landscape models. One with a trrimmer attachment and the other with a blower attachment!!!! Both will include the optional umbrella holder to keep you out of the sun.

punt66
08-05-2008, 08:49 PM
You guys laugh at it as do i. However there are people who could benefit from it. My father for example who has had back surgery and is disabled but is a workoholic at heart. He could benefit from that. But an LCO? NOPE

Jason Rose
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Next thing we'll see is a Segway come out with two landscape models. One with a trrimmer attachment and the other with a blower attachment!!!! Both will include the optional umbrella holder to keep you out of the sun.

I'm kinda suprised this hasn't come to light already. Don't think I haven't thought of it too! But no matter what, WALKING is pretty much the only way to trim lawns. Now for maybe edging LONG distances and blowing off that same long distance... Of course having a $6,000 segway on the trailer for those tasks is pretty much silly at best.

I recall a few years ago some company came up with some sort of ride on deal, you kinda kneeled on it I think, it was to be used for trimming and I think it had a way to mount a BP blower to it too. Again, rather goofy and a LOT of expence for such a task.

tx-1
08-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Seems like it would break off when you bumped the head for line

Allens LawnCare
08-07-2008, 10:03 PM
You believe Stihl makes what, that wheel thing? are you serious?

Yeah, the gear head on my echo went this spring so I was shopping around for a new one and because they wanted $110 for a new head. My local dealer started carring stihl but and the trimmers they are trying to move come with a wheel caddy.....never really looked into it but when he described it, thats what it sounded like........

Runner
08-08-2008, 04:46 AM
The one Stihl makes is so you can hook your golf bag to it. "I'm going out to do some trimming, Dear....!":walking:

cgaengineer
08-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I want to see you trim an inside corner with that.