PDA

View Full Version : Dog Poo out of mower wheels

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-04-2008, 10:15 PM
How do you guys get that nasty stinky stuff out of your wheels after a cut?
If I hit piles in my susceptible yards, I head right home after I get done and get out the hose and try and blast the stuff out before it dries......I hate dog dung in my wheels:nono:

Runner
08-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Do it right at the yards you get it. That stuff ain't GOIN' on MY trailer! Let THEM have splattered dung around their hose area.

dKoester
08-04-2008, 10:53 PM
That crap is nasty. My trim guy hit it the other day and got it in his mouth. When I tell the customer to pick it up they act like its a bother to them to pick it up. Well to bad, pick it up. Its disrespect to me and my guys. Thats how I feel about it. As far as getting it off my tires, I do 360s on the drive way or on the street then blow it off.

Dean of Green
08-04-2008, 11:10 PM
If I hit piles in my susceptible yards, I head right home after I get done and get out the hose and try and blast the stuff out before it dries......I hate dog dung in my wheels:nono:

I, too, run home and wash it off. Then I take a nap and hope things are better when I wake up. It's dog****, get over it. Part of the job. If a yard is overrun with it then tell the customer to clean it before you arrive. I myself run over it with the deck and not the tires(mower can also be a manure spreader).

Big C
08-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Stop by a carwash on the way to my next stop.

white1
08-05-2008, 12:19 AM
I try and miss it with the tires. Started cutting my best friends yard a few weeks ago, and he has a big yellow lab in the back. As I was trimming...well lets just say Im glad I wear glasses when I trim :hammerhead:

South Florida Lawns
08-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Just use a lot of tire shine

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-05-2008, 01:12 AM
I try and miss it with the tires. Started cutting my best friends yard a few weeks ago, and he has a big yellow lab in the back. As I was trimming...well lets just say Im glad I wear glasses when I trim :hammerhead:

How do you miss those piles with your tires? I try my best to 'spot' the crap before my wheels hit but inevitably my eyes deceive me and the next thing you know a stinky, sticky mass rolls around on my tires? Dang, did it again!
Long grass is bad for this, its like the dog has a personal forest to dump in.

Chilehead
08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Do it right at the yards you get it. That stuff ain't GOIN' on MY trailer! Let THEM have splattered dung around their hose area.

Right on,man! I keep one of those jet nozzles for a garden hose in my glove box, and hook it up to a customer's hose on site if dog squeeze gets on my tires/mower deck. Yep, I've been yelled at. Nope, their complaints concerning the issue have had no influence on me whatsoever.

topsites
08-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Do what?

Man .... :laugh:

Green Team Landscaping
08-05-2008, 02:54 AM
pressure washing. just a small size machine, or a head for a hose.

MarcSmith
08-05-2008, 07:31 AM
I wish I had enough time on my routes to stop at the house every time I ran over a pile dog doo...or hose the wheels off at a customers house.

If you think you're gonna stay clean a refreshed all day long, remember you're a landscaper. if you want to stay clean and smelling good all day, take a job at best buy or walfart....

run it over, and get on down the road. besides, once it dries, the stink goes away....

punt66
08-05-2008, 07:38 AM
I wish I had enough time on my routes to stop at the house every time I ran over a pile dog doo...or hose the wheels off at a customers house.

If you think you're gonna stay clean a refreshed all day long, remember you're a landscaper. if you want to stay clean and smelling good all day, take a job at best buy or walfart....

run it over, and get on down the road. besides, once it dries, the stink goes away....

yea i agree, i dont see why its a big deal. After mowing for a short while its gone anyway.

hackitdown
08-05-2008, 07:52 AM
Guys, get a grip. It is nasty, but is it worth your time pressure washing, and doing 360s, and hosing, and blowing, and....?

Just load up and go to the next lawn. It will magically disapear. Keep working. It if happens on the last lawn of the day, and you can't deal, wash it off. I guess.

I just put mine in the garage.

larryinalabama
08-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Lick it off

ProStreetCamaro
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Drive up on the driveway and do dougnuts and smear it all over the driveway.

Wrong thing to do you say? Yep I agree but we have done it before once or twice. We have 1 or 2 lawns that the owners have several large dogs and simply refuse to clean it up and after a while my dad will snap and smear it all over the place.

MarcSmith
08-05-2008, 08:20 AM
try dealing with broken bottles, tampons, dirty rubbers, and other nasty crap on a daily basis.... you know stuff that you can't just "run over" and forget about it like you can with dog poo....

if you really don't like dealing with dog poo, or you "snap" one day, then charge more for your aggravation. either the customer will get the idea and pick it up, or they will pay you what you feel your aggravation is worth, or they will drop you. no matter what the problem is solved.

I'll trade your dog poo for this....http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=241221

alwaysgreener
08-05-2008, 09:46 AM
The problem with all of you not washing it off ASAP is when you carry the crap to another home with a dog, and the crap you ran over had worms or some other problem with the dog it can be carried to that pet.. So clean your machine takes a second to do..

E & J Pro Turf
08-05-2008, 10:15 AM
I always go knock on the homeowners door. If they are home, I grab them by the neck take them out to my mower, and rub their face in my tires. I keep a rolled up newspaper in my truck, smack them on the @$$ and say bad customer bad customer. This corrects its every time. Some really like it.

MarcSmith
08-05-2008, 10:16 AM
so if you are gonna clean after every dog poo, then you ought to clean the deck after every yard. since you can spread lawn disease and fungus, weed seeds, ect...from lawn to lawn...

after all it only takes a couple seconds...:rolleyes:

Dean of Green
08-05-2008, 10:21 AM
I always go knock on the homeowners door. If they are home, I grab them by the neck take them out to my mower, and rub their face in my tires. I keep a rolled up newspaper in my truck, smack them on the @$$ and say bad customer bad customer. This corrects its every time. Some really like it.

Looks like you might have found a way to diversify.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

brandtb1
08-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I just try to make sure on my next turn that the part of the tire covered in crap is down on the ground. I hit a fresh pile yesterday and the smell stayed with me for a while. I do like the idea of telling the customer bad boy and spanking with the newspaper.

Allens LawnCare
08-05-2008, 11:33 AM
$10 service charge for dog droppings usually gets the yard clean before you arrive. Just let them know it takes your time to powerwash it off.

larryinalabama
08-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Well make the customer lick it off

MarcSmith
08-05-2008, 12:01 PM
scrape it off, put it in a paper bag, light it on fire, ring the door bell and run away...:)

Baseballman387
08-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I have ran over many times. Sometimes, I ignored it because it will come off like wearing it out. If it smells bad, then I would hose it off. :rolleyes:

Mic_bug
08-05-2008, 12:38 PM
cut around it, and when the customer asks about the missed spot I tell them the extra pertilizer must have made it grown too fast.

Hawg City Lawns
08-05-2008, 12:42 PM
well ive mastered the art of the thumb over the top of the garden hose nozzle works just as great as a garden hose head and its 3 bucks cheaper

Genlandscape
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
If you can't deal with the blood, sweat, tears, and a little dod crap... Time to do something else!!! Once it dries it will fall out, if it doesn't your tires are overinflated. If it smells that bad (I've hit some that cause nausea) just rinse with customers hose, you're not putting anything there that wasn't there already!!!

TforTexas
08-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Man you guys really make me want to hire you!

E & J Pro Turf
08-05-2008, 02:00 PM
" I Love The Smell Of Dog Dew In The Morning"

"Now You Boys Get Out There And Mow"

amdx64
08-05-2008, 03:58 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: stop stop i cant take it anymore :laugh::laugh: this post really made my day:laugh::laugh:

E & J Pro Turf
08-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Well make the customer lick it off

Larry you are sick motor scooter.

Big Wes
08-05-2008, 06:55 PM
I have a customer that has 3 dogs one died and the jerk replaced it with another one. I've told them that the yard needs to be policed /cleaned up they don't do it so I wash my tires off right at their door way and walk away.

One day I was mowing and she had someone over to hang out at her pool, I was slinging Dog crap everywhere. Smelt real good and probably added to the taste of their drinks they were sipping. lol

Definately not going into my trailer with that crap on my tires.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I have a customer that has 3 dogs one died and the jerk replaced it with another one. I've told them that the yard needs to be policed /cleaned up they don't do it so I wash my tires off right at their door way and walk away.

One day I was mowing and she had someone over to hang out at her pool, I was slinging Dog crap everywhere. Smelt real good and probably added to the taste of their drinks they were sipping. lol

Gross.

This thread really took off....must be a real sore (or stinky) spot for all you LCO's:)

CoopersLandscaping
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Well, If I'm gonna run their dogs crap into my tires, I'm gonna use THEIR hose.

J.Cooper
Coopers Landscaping

jdmcat
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I noticed the ad for the Proslide XT at the bottom of the thread. That would make for a nice poo smear...

trinity1
08-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Best thing to do is steal there dog drop it off at the pound or sale it on ebay I here people buy anything on that site no more washing the tires.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-05-2008, 10:28 PM
I noticed the ad for the Proslide XT at the bottom of the thread. That would make for a nice poo smear...

Funny! Maybe they should call is PooSmear XT:laugh:

deere615
08-05-2008, 11:01 PM
The ladys yard I cut, where I dump brush/grass etc has 4 big labs and she doesn't clean up after them. Usually I wash my mowers once a week and it is after her yard. I hit the occosional land mines doning other yards to but usually most of it wears off

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Does dog dung really 'wear off' over time? I've tried that and the stuff just seems to stick in the treads forever. I don't really want to keep caking on doo like frosting.....

amdx64
08-06-2008, 06:37 AM
getting dog poo on my mower doesn't really bother me. what gets me is went trimming and you step on it or hit it with the trimmer and it covers you from head to toe in poo.;):eek:

punt66
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Does dog dung really 'wear off' over time? I've tried that and the stuff just seems to stick in the treads forever. I don't really want to keep caking on doo like frosting.....

Haha, yes it wears off. I have never stopped my productive day to wash dog doo of my mowers.

Mic_bug
08-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Haha, yes it wears off. I have never stopped my productive day to wash dog doo of my mowers.

It's really hard to get out fo those plastic treads on mine.:confused:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
So, some stop to clean er up, and some spin the doo all day long:)

Yuanding
08-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Did you know that kids in particular can go blind if they get dog poo in their eyes? I believe the disease is called Toxoplasmosis.
The trouble with hosing down your poo-splattered mower at the owner's back door etc is that owners who leave dog poo all over the lawn are already blind anyway, so they won't see the poo you leave them and they can't go blind from contact with it.
Part of the problem is that they love their doggies and they love their poo, and they can't see why you don't too.
There was a song in the charts once (seriously) whose chorus line ran "There is nothing worse than doggy ****". The song was as good as its theme (i.e. cr@p) but no lyrics have ever been truer IMO.

richard r
08-06-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't have much of a problem with it. Yet, when I do get it onto the tires, believe me, I stop rather quickly and hose that crap off my tires onto an already cut area. Usually right there at the hose shut off valve to create a wonderfull aroma there for the customer to enjoy as they turn on and off their hose for watering their garden.

The one lawn I now have trouble with is this. They have now 5 kittens, which love to go dig into their wonderfull mulch in the garden, near the edge that I trim. Well, now I do not trim that edge lol. And have had no problem telling the customer why not. I am not interested in any way shape or form, no matter what they offer to pay me, to trim that spot. It stinks just standing near the area. No poop flinging for me, unless I knew it would hit their house and not me. Seriously, it's freakin disgusting. That's why they don't clean it.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-06-2008, 06:35 PM
I've never 'poop flung' with a trimmer...
You guys seriously do that???

jdmcat
08-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I just read a great book called "Brown Spots on the Wall" by Chinese author Hoo Flung Poo...:)

Joel B.
08-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I just inform customers that they have to clean up after dogs. If they don't, I just mow around any "piles" and leave a small patch of grass uncut. Haven't had a complaint yet. Dog poop is disgusting and I want no part of it. Any idea how many bacteria and germs are in that stuff?

MileHigh
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I was mowing a wet lawn earlier this season...i stopped mowing to pick up a large rock..at least I thought it was a rock. It ended up being a nice fresh pile of wet poo...I started cussing and wiping my gloved hand over the grass. Apparently 10 minutes later as I was still cutting the lawn, I forgot about the incident and accidently wiped sweat of my face with my poo smeared glove....washed my face right there in the back yard...I smelt it the rest of the long a$$ day.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
GREAT THREAD! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope this is the one they print in TURF. LOL!

Here's one for you:

I have a Velke X2. It's got holes on the platform like swiss cheese, and only rides about 1.5" off the ground. Thus, when I ride over a doggie poo it pushes through my friggin' sulky holes like the world's sickest play-doh! :dizzy:

MileHigh
08-06-2008, 09:57 PM
I just read a great book called "Brown Spots on the Wall" by Chinese author Hoo Flung Poo...:)

that's funny.

deere615
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
haha this is a great thread! I have heard that book joke before. there is also Yellow river by I. P. Daily

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-07-2008, 02:09 AM
GREAT THREAD! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope this is the one they print in TURF. LOL!

Here's one for you:

I have a Velke X2. It's got holes on the platform like swiss cheese, and only rides about 1.5" off the ground. Thus, when I ride over a doggie poo it pushes through my friggin' sulky holes like the world's sickest play-doh! :dizzy:

My goodness if they print this one in Turf Mag we will all be laughingstock!
I have been reading this thread daily, and I laugheth mine own buns off:laugh:

JoeG
08-07-2008, 02:30 AM
I was having a big problem with this at a rental house, to the point where it was killing the grass. I finally got the owner of the house to stick the renters with a $250 cleanup and reseeding bill. I haven't seen any droppings since, and made a little extra cash that week.

E & J Pro Turf
08-07-2008, 08:12 AM
I was having a big problem with this at a rental house, to the point where it was killing the grass. I finally got the owner of the house to stick the renters with a $250 cleanup and reseeding bill. I haven't seen any droppings since, and made a little extra cash that week.

There you have it. " You give a guy dog dew and he makes dog dough"

Good Job!

AJ Lawnscapes
08-07-2008, 08:37 AM
I charge the customer for the doggie piles. If they don't have the decency to clean up after their dogs, I charge them for the risk involved with hitting it with the equipment, and the health risk to me and mine. They pick it up real quick the next time.

Or, you can offer them the Pet Mess Cleanup Service for an extra $25/week.

Abe

JohnnyRoyale
08-07-2008, 08:43 AM
I was mowing a wet lawn earlier this season...i stopped mowing to pick up a large rock..at least I thought it was a rock. It ended up being a nice fresh pile of wet poo...I started cussing and wiping my gloved hand over the grass. Apparently 10 minutes later as I was still cutting the lawn, I forgot about the incident and accidently wiped sweat of my face with my poo smeared glove....washed my face right there in the back yard...I smelt it the rest of the long a$$ day.

:laugh:ROTFLMAO:laugh:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-07-2008, 11:57 AM
I have one particular resi account I call 'Dog Poop Alley". I just know when I go in there, my boots and tires will suffer the fate of mastiff remnants.

jdmcat
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I hate reeling up my hose after I spray a poo yard, the hose always drags through it and it ends up on my gloves.:dizzy:

jdmcat
08-07-2008, 03:09 PM
I can't believe nobody's said it yet, but here goes:

"It's a crappy job but somebody has to do it!"

Genlandscape
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
This thread just keeps getting better. We do put up with alot of crap as LCO's and this is a perfect example. Keeps getting funnier, hurts my stitches though....

justanotherlawnguy
08-08-2008, 12:52 AM
i plow through that crap and then hose off in the customers yard, and they never say a thing about it. Can they really blame me for doing that. I do not want the inside of my trailer smelling like dog crap all day......

02DURAMAX
08-08-2008, 02:49 AM
I wash my tires On there yard!

cgaengineer
08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I usually just pick it out with the toothpick I keep in my mouth...when done I put the toothpick back in my mouth.

Truly though, if its the end of the day and I am home I will wash before storage, if not I will just drive it off.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-11-2008, 01:18 AM
I usually just pick it out with the toothpick I keep in my mouth...when done I put the toothpick back in my mouth.

Truly though, if its the end of the day and I am home I will wash before storage, if not I will just drive it off.

Hope you put the right end of the toothpick back in your mouth:laugh:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I dread Tuesdays...time to go mow 'Dog Poop Alley'.
Added bonus, it just rained a little, making those wet piles glisten in anticipation of my tires.

MyKisa
08-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I leave it and the grass around it.They get the message.

jdmcat
08-16-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm going to get a bunch of these:

Dave_005
08-16-2008, 07:31 PM

one of my customers yards is like this, usually its picked up but have got it all over the wheels a couple times, i just use the customers hose and wash them off right there in the yard before i leave. No Way i'll put it on the trailor and go to the next yard with it on the wheels....

jason9696
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM

Could not have said it better myself. I mean aren't there bigger things to worry about?

W.L.M.
08-17-2008, 11:13 AM

Yes, they lay a nice foot long smear down and are clean by the end of that line.

Phil G
08-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Some years ago i had a lad working for me who couldn't stand dog $hit. Before he'd start mowing he would walk the lawn with a spade and scoop it up to throw it into the boarders. Sometimes his aim was not too good and we'd have a dog turd stuck firmly to the fence. Depending on the temperature, humidity and other atmospheric conditions is would suspend there for a week or more. We'd have a small side bet to whether it would be there the following week. Somehow the mess stopped appearing in these gardens as if by magic.

atb Phil:usflag:

bart may
08-18-2008, 01:10 AM
If my customer is soo inconsiderate as too leave lots of the stuff I either do one of 2 things. First I will take a shovel and pick it up and make one nice collective pile on their front walk. Usually this works and nothing more has to be said. If the problem persists and it's in the tires, I will drive right on their walks leaving crap marks on every rotation. I have no respect for this type of behavior. If there are just a few I don't get too worked up, but any more and I do the above mentioned tricks. I haven't been fired and so far it has been very effective. I don't let it bother me anymore. I just do those two things and move on.

Kennedy Landscaping
08-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Holy Crap! Eight pages discussing dog sh**.
Killin' me Pyle!

JKUCSMA
08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Don't you guys have anything better to do ,other than talk about dog poo?,funny posts though.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Don't you guys have anything better to do ,other than talk about dog poo?,funny posts though.

I think this is mostly the intent:laugh:

Also, some of you think that dogdoo loses its stink factor when its dry. Been there.....still stinks!

JKUCSMA
08-18-2008, 11:24 AM
:laugh:Yeah,I have two Cockers,and I try to hit the stuff with the blades,but sometimes it fills the rear tires up,it do stink.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-19-2008, 12:53 AM
:laugh:Yeah,I have two Cockers,and I try to hit the stuff with the blades,but sometimes it fills the rear tires up,it do stink.

So, you don't clean you poo huh? You would be one of the ones I would not mow:nono:

gorknoids
08-19-2008, 01:00 AM
I wash it off in their yard, using their hose. Don't want to be accused of stealing anything! :angel:

jdmcat
08-19-2008, 01:14 AM
This thread turned out to be a real piece of dog crap.

JKUCSMA
08-19-2008, 05:39 AM
I love the smell of poo in the morning.

CoopersLandscaping
08-19-2008, 07:31 AM
I mainly can just clean it off the tires. I start getting upset when I start STEPPING in it!!!!!!! LOL

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Had to share....
Mowed 'Dog Poop Alley' yesterday and didn't hit a single pile!
Must have been my day:)

BZACK
08-20-2008, 05:08 PM

..or was it by Flung Sum Poo. I get them confused.:confused::confused:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Time to bring er back:)

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Now that fall is starting to set in, and the grass top growth is picking up, hitting more and more piles hidden in the green unknown. Anyone else having a problem with this:)

Mickhippy
09-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Other than hitting them with the trimmer, I hate those dry white poos.
The dust can fill the air!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Anyone ever tangle with mastiff poo. Its more like a cow pie, and can coat an entire WB wheel.....!

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-14-2008, 03:25 PM
I have started washing off my wheels at customer's homes if the yard was heavily dog-manured and I ran through a dozen piles or so. I like this better than dragging crap on my trailer then having to wash down the mower at home.

derbydon
10-14-2008, 06:42 PM
You guys are joking right? Time is money! Who can afford to stop to clean the wheels? Just run it up and down the driveway or parking lot til the heavy stuff is off before you put it on your trailer.

punt66
10-14-2008, 09:45 PM
You guys are joking right? Time is money! Who can afford to stop to clean the wheels? Just run it up and down the driveway or parking lot til the heavy stuff is off before you put it on your trailer.

yea, i cant get over the cry babies on here. After a few minutes of mowing its gone anyway.

puppypaws
10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
yea, i cant get over the cry babies on here. After a few minutes of mowing its gone anyway.

I have 100+ Canadian geese to mow through, dog crap is nothing when you are mowing at 15 mph and run into goose crap everywhere. I try to slow down but sometimes forget, after the first big green glob flies up and hits you in the face it jogs your memory.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-14-2008, 11:59 PM

No its not...and it stinks the whole day on your trailer.
Mowing thru heavy dog dung is not part of the green industry - no one who mows should just accept mowing thru crap left on their lawn by lazy homeowners. If you are ok with that, maybe you should work for Roto Rooter or something....

Ramairfreak98ss
10-15-2008, 01:35 AM
why do you guys "hose" it off, that makes a mess... i know its stinky, even in enclosed trailers, but let the **** dry, literally ! flys right off like dirt later, usually by the end of the day, nothing is left in the tires anyway.

M&SLawnCare
10-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Granted I don't have an enclosed, but as long as you don't step in it the smell is gone by the time you leave the area. Most of it is taken off by just finishing the yard and the rest stuck in the treads doesn't even smell after a few minutes.

Now i hate when my trimmer hits it and I get sprayed, or i step in it and have to smell it in the truck on the way to the next lawn. But seriously, you must have way to much time to stop after each lawn and wash your mower :hammerhead:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-29-2008, 01:10 AM
Gotta vent. Two of my lawns today contained more dog dung than I have seen all season. Do dogs poop more in cooler weather or what??? My Quick tires looked like frosted donuts and my boots weren't that much better. Anyone ever spin out on a mastiff pile? You almost have to throw a chain on the ol' mower to get er out.

RedMax Man
10-29-2008, 01:19 AM
If i get that crap in my tires at a customer's house and theres a garden hose near by then i use it to clean out the tire tread.

jdmcat
10-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Not trying to ruin chocolate chip cookies for anyone but... I call them Sh*ts Ahoy yards. Remember the old Chips Ahoy! commercials, betcha bite a chip. Well, I betcha step in sh*t.

deere615
10-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Not trying to ruin chocolate chip cookies for anyone but... I call them Sh*ts Ahoy yards. Remember the old Chips Ahoy! commercials, betcha bite a chip. Well, I betcha step in sh*t.

:laugh: thats harlarious

DA Quality Lawn & YS
10-30-2008, 01:01 AM

This post made my day, a jolly good laugh:)
I laugheth thine own buns off!

Marcos
10-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Taiwanese like dog poo in their stir fry!

P & L Turf
10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I hose it off in their driveway, and leave it and the hose laying there.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Taiwanese like dog poo in their stir fry!

Are you serious? If so, I am not visiting Taiwan.

Raking-It-In
11-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Its amazing that there is a thread asking how to get doog poop out of your mower tires !

punt66
11-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Its amazing that there is a thread asking how to get doog poop out of your mower tires !

yea, me too. Still not sure why its a big deal to people. Keep mowing, it will come off.

tyler_mott85
11-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Sh*t happens. If they don't want to pick up after their dogs they can have it run all through their yards. If they are worried about it they need to take care of it because I am there to mow their lawn, not pick up after Fido. The mowers we use cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. They can mow Acres and Acres an hour, you can use them in the Rain, you can use them in hundred degree heat. What is the concern with poo? Its just natures own fertilizer. 100% organic...biodegradeable. But...this is coming from a guy who uses open trailers...

sflannig
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
i hate the stuff but it only bothers me for about a minute and then i get over it. I mow for a animal hospital, its usually all picked up when i come but sometimes they havent got to it yet and you cant avoid it at all. if you swerve to avoid one pile, you hit two others. its terrible

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Sh*t happens. If they don't want to pick up after their dogs they can have it run all through their yards. If they are worried about it they need to take care of it because I am there to mow their lawn, not pick up after Fido. The mowers we use cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. They can mow Acres and Acres an hour, you can use them in the Rain, you can use them in hundred degree heat. What is the concern with poo? Its just natures own fertilizer. 100% organic...biodegradeable. But...this is coming from a guy who uses open trailers...

Ummmm....not true. Dog crap is not good fertilizer for lawns, it really is worthless, well, crap. It is almost toxic to lawns....but not as bad as dog pee.

At any rate, done mowing for the season so....no visions of hitting that mastiff pile anytime soon, until next spring:)

kmclawn
11-11-2008, 01:16 AM
I try to miss the big piles but in my hast to miss one pile I hit a 1lbs. chub of rotten hamburger with the mower deck. Talk about stink. The smell embedded itself into steel of the mower deck. It still smelled after a couple of weeks. At least dog crap will eventually fall off.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-11-2008, 01:53 AM
I try to miss the big piles but in my hast to miss one pile I hit a 1lbs. chub of rotten hamburger with the mower deck. Talk about stink. The smell embedded itself into steel of the mower deck. It still smelled after a couple of weeks. At least dog crap will eventually fall off.

Is that hamburger before it went thru the dog, or after.....:laugh:

kmclawn
11-11-2008, 10:26 AM
The dog never got to it. I am still wondering how it got in the yard. The only guess I have is the neighbors threw it there. It was covered with leaves so I didn't see it and splatt.

Marcos
11-16-2008, 11:21 PM

Yeah...and this thread should have been named:

"Close encounters of the TURD kind"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Now, I wish a guy could mow in the winter.....
Why?
So those gooey dog piles would be frozen solid and you could fling em out of the chute like boomerangs!

kmclawn
12-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I can see the headlines now.... Man killed by flying poo!

hackitdown
12-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Now, I wish a guy could mow in the winter.....
Why?
So those gooey dog piles would be frozen solid and you could fling em out of the chute like boomerangs!

'round these parts we call that "fall cleanup".

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-09-2008, 10:44 AM
round here we call frozen dog logs tootsee rolls....
don't even have to mess with the wrapper.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-09-2008, 10:45 AM
round here we call frozen dog logs tootsee rolls....
don't even have to mess with the wrapper.

integrityman
12-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Spray it off in customers yard w/ customers hose. I mow for a guy that has two yellow labs and they are some superior crap makers. I don't know what he feeds them, but their piles are Herculean. I try to remember to put a shovel in the truck. When I go there as the piles arent too hard to miss because they are so big.

jdmcat
12-10-2008, 01:01 AM
I was finishing up a few winterizers today and stepped in a pile with the heel of my boot, with my next step it flung off my boot and onto the back of my jeans...

12Valve
12-10-2008, 01:31 AM
13 pages about poo, wow never bothered me before just thought it was part of the industry.

kmclawn
12-10-2008, 11:27 AM
It will be interesting to see how long this thread lasts. I am sure there are many more stories out there.

qualitylandscaping
12-10-2008, 02:47 PM
We keep a form in the trucks just for such an occasion.

Quality Lawn & Landscape, Inc.
(585)766-2405
www.qualitylawncare.biz

Service Reminder Notice

Date: _____________________________
Time: _____________________________
Client: ____________________________
Crew #: ___________________________

We were unable to fully complete your weekly mowing service today because:

Pet droppings need to be cleaned up
Pet toys need to be cleaned up
Contractors working on property
Kids toys/ pool toys need to be cleaned up
Fence(s) locked
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

Please remember to have all toys, hoses, tools, lawn furniture, etc. cleaned up prior to 7am on your normal service day.

If pet droppings are found on our equipment once service has been completed, a $25.00 cleaning charge will be billed to your account.

If this is a recurring issue, you will be billed for a full visit in addition to any cleanup charges. Please refer to your contract or call our office (585)766-2405 with any questions.

punt66
12-10-2008, 04:37 PM
We keep a form in the trucks just for such an occasion.

Quality Lawn & Landscape, Inc.
(585)766-2405
www.qualitylawncare.biz

Service Reminder Notice

Date: _____________________________
Time: _____________________________
Client: ____________________________
Crew #: ___________________________

We were unable to fully complete your weekly mowing service today because:

Pet droppings need to be cleaned up
Pet toys need to be cleaned up
Contractors working on property
Kids toys/ pool toys need to be cleaned up
Fence(s) locked
____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________

Please remember to have all toys, hoses, tools, lawn furniture, etc. cleaned up prior to 7am on your normal service day.

If pet droppings are found on our equipment once service has been completed, a $25.00 cleaning charge will be billed to your account.

If this is a recurring issue, you will be billed for a full visit in addition to any cleanup charges. Please refer to your contract or call our office (585)766-2405 with any questions.

Is this a joke????? This is how you grew so fast????

KCfireman
12-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Is this a joke????? This is how you grew so fast????On his website it even says "Top 10 lawn care Operator of the Year."

punt66
12-10-2008, 04:58 PM
On his website it even says "Top 10 lawn care Operator of the Year."

Im speechless.............

qualitylandscaping
12-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Is this a joke????? This is how you grew so fast????

No, its not a joke. These people pay us to mow their lawns. We are not and will not be a free of charge janitorial, maid, housekeeping, babysitting, petsitting, dog chain chasing, pooper scooper, hose roller, or other service of any kind.

Now we use this form only for the customers that always seem to have issues. 20,000 toys scattered all over the yard, 16 different hoses, and an occasional UFO parked in the backyard.

If the kids got a beach ball and a tonka truck left outside, I don't mind taking care of that for free.

I started this policy after one of our lawns was "flamingoed" a few years ago.

ford550
12-17-2008, 10:30 PM
No, its not a joke. These people pay us to mow their lawns. We are not and will not be a free of charge janitorial, maid, housekeeping, babysitting, petsitting, dog chain chasing, pooper scooper, hose roller, or other service of any kind.

Amen to that.

Green Pastures
12-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I do a large condo association at the beach.

No dogs over 25 lbs are allowed in the association. The association rules also state that if your dog craps ANYWHERE including your own property you must IMMEDIATELY clean it up.

There is this one lady who has a 85-100 lb Husky who craps turd piles as big as softballs ON COMMON GROUND property I maintain.

I went so far as to take pictures of the piles and send them to the President of the homeowners association. Nothing happened, still show up and there are 10-15 huge piles of dog crap in the lawn I cut.

Last time I saw any crap in the yard was the day i picked every bit of it up with a shovel and put it on her deck right outside her sliding glass doors. I left my card with my "by the minute" rate for dog crap cleanup handwritten on the back of the card.

:cool2:

deere615
12-17-2008, 11:02 PM
Flamingoed, thats too funny, I wouldn' cut that either

jdmcat
12-18-2008, 03:25 AM
Last time I saw any crap in the yard was the day i picked every bit of it up with a shovel and put it on her deck right outside her sliding glass doors. I left my card with my "by the minute" rate for dog crap cleanup handwritten on the back of the card.

did she pay?

jdmcat
12-18-2008, 03:27 AM
whats the best way to clean that stuff out of your toes, I just got a new puppy...

CrystalCreek
12-18-2008, 06:57 PM
whats the best way to clean that stuff out of your toes, I just got a new puppy...

GROSSSSS!!!!!! I am laughing my a$$ off after reading this. I have taken two ideas that are going to be put into action next year. First I will pile the stuff up on the patio like mentioned before. If that dont work than grab the customer and wipe their face into it, and smack them with the newpaper. Those were my favorite reposonses so far.

goodgreen
12-18-2008, 09:12 PM
I can usually spot it and I drive right around it and leave a nice little patch of 3-4" of grass sticking up there. (or maybe 5 or 6 patches) They'll get the point after a while. Dog poo is one of my biggest pet peeves. I've finally got one guy trained. When he sees me coming, he quick runs out with a bucket and a shovel. Now if I can just get him to do it before I come.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-12-2009, 09:21 PM
Bump - poo season is coming soon!
Get ready for some sticky burnouts:)

CoupesCuts
02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
If you have time to stop and wash it off between lawns, you aren't working hard enough.

osr001
02-13-2009, 09:39 PM
If you have time to stop and wash it off between lawns, you aren't working hard enough.

Alright be nice, And "cut that SH#$T out" :laugh::laugh:

RollTide11
02-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I hate dog crap:hammerhead:

FYS777
02-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I charge, I have it wrighten up in contract, they pick it up no charge, I pick it up I charge, they don't usually leave more then once. $$$$ no dog poo on tires to wash off!

RGM
02-13-2009, 10:33 PM
I can usually spot it and I drive right around it and leave a nice little patch of 3-4" of grass sticking up there. (or maybe 5 or 6 patches) They'll get the point after a while. Dog poo is one of my biggest pet peeves. I've finally got one guy trained. When he sees me coming, he quick runs out with a bucket and a shovel. Now if I can just get him to do it before I come.

I did this on a lawn a few years back and after a few months there were
spots all over the lawn that were about 8'' to a 16'' tall before they asked me why the lawn grew like that

kmclawn
02-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Its funny that most homeowners don't realize that we change our blades almost daily. Who wants to scrape dog crap from the mower deck? I personally try to miss them.

Central Island Lawn
02-14-2009, 03:12 AM
I have on occasion blown through some lawn chocolate with both the 21" and the trimmer. While I don't really get too worked up about the mower, the trimmer leaves me a little disturbed. Once the client finds out what all the swearing is about, they have a pretty firm understanding of why chunks of the lawn look I missed it. I haven't not been paid for that. They don't wipe my rear when I'm pinching one off so I think it's fair that I don't deal with their dog's poo either. I've really only had a couple of clients that leave lots of poo around. I suppose I could get a poop scoop and deal with it that way but I have my own dog to clean up after.

Central Island Lawn
02-14-2009, 03:27 AM
I just wanted to add that this post his hilarious. Lots of good ideas here. I'm crying too hard to read any more.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I have on occasion blown through some lawn chocolate with both the 21" and the trimmer. While I don't really get too worked up about the mower, the trimmer leaves me a little disturbed. Once the client finds out what all the swearing is about, they have a pretty firm understanding of why chunks of the lawn look I missed it. I haven't not been paid for that. They don't wipe my rear when I'm pinching one off so I think it's fair that I don't deal with their dog's poo either. I've really only had a couple of clients that leave lots of poo around. I suppose I could get a poop scoop and deal with it that way but I have my own dog to clean up after.

Lawn Chocolate?? Wow thats a good one:laugh:
Lots of that builds up around here over the winter on folks' lawns. Looks like the surface of the moon for the worst of em.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
03-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Bump - I know there are some dog doo stories out there from southern guys who are mowing already. About a month to go up here...I can see the towering piles now......

justanotherlawnguy
03-27-2009, 02:07 AM
go home and clean it off? Are you serious? That is the most ******ed thing I have ever heard... Hose that crap off in their yard, preferably in front of the customer. I gaurentee they won't say a thing.

They don't have the decency to clean up after the dog, so I don't have a problem cleaning the mower in their yard.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Well, got my first cut done for the dog 'poopiest' yard that I mow. And I didn't hit a pile! Maybe this will be my year:)

1styear
05-06-2009, 02:14 AM
That crap is nasty. My trim guy hit it the other day and got it in his mouth. When I tell the customer to pick it up they act like its a bother to them to pick it up. Well to bad, pick it up. Its disrespect to me and my guys. Thats how I feel about it. As far as getting it off my tires, I do 360s on the drive way or on the street then blow it off.

HAHAHAHA! YOu said, "In his mouth" Aaahahhahaha... That is hilarious.

Sorry to your guy but that is funny

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-27-2009, 01:14 PM
Just about one month in, and no serious big piles hit yet. Anyone run into some nasty ones yet?

WVDpoker
05-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Run it over, what do you park your mower in the living room or something?

LONEMAN
05-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Used to do a PITA customer down the street from the parents who have two dogs. They let em crap all over the yard but for some reason it wasn't worse than it was and I've told em several times to have em go in the woods which is only 20 ft from their house. Front yard right next to driveway always had brown spots from wee and poo. Talk about laziness. Kind of glad I don't have em anymore.

mowerdude777
05-28-2009, 11:53 AM
I always try to find an area where there is just dirt and hit it after i hit dog crap. The dirt will dry out the crap causing it to quickly fall off

DA Quality Lawn & YS
05-31-2009, 11:16 PM
Run it over, what do you park your mower in the living room or something?

How'd ya guess:)

Gets in front of the flat screen sometimes, though....

Glenn Lawn Care
05-31-2009, 11:44 PM
i usually go as fast as my mower will go and come to a screeching halt and it leaves a nasty skid mark of poo

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-17-2009, 06:00 PM
The worst part is mowing very tall grass. You can't see the piles until its, well, too late.

redmax fan
06-17-2009, 07:33 PM
maybe carrying a can of something like powdered limestone to sprinkle on the tire , or maybe talc powder .

note : we call dog waste LAND MINES
because you dont want to step on one :cool2:

and if one guy is coming outta a back yard with alot of land mines and the other guys headed back there the guy coming out of the back yard makes a motion like hes lofting a grenade to inform the guy goin back there theres bombs laying around :waving:

jkilov
06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
You guys just need to find inner peace with yourselves.

I love dogs,
I love the smell of disturbed dog poo in the morning,
I love the sight of scalped or squashed poo in the grass,
I like how bagging enhances the aroma of freshly laid poo,
I adore looking at it rotating round and round my tires,
I like stepping on it and wondering what the heck stinks wherever I go
I'm thrilled about dog poo exploding in my face when trimming with string ... aaahhhh, I love it!

See, it's easy....!!not!!....:dizzy::angry:...I freakin hate the stuff...:mad::realmad::wall:blob2:.... BHHAAAAAAAAA!.... where's my shrink?

fl-landscapes
06-17-2009, 07:39 PM

I agree. I use the homeowners hose on the property I ran it over. That stuff stinks up an enclosed trailer something horrible! If they don't like it maybe theyll pick it up the next time.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-07-2009, 01:18 AM
You know, I only have one problem lawn this year with poop - not too bad.
Bad thing is, it is from a mastiff. A guy can peel out with a WB on those monster piles.

Kutz Lawns
08-07-2009, 05:49 AM
Good grief it ain't gonna kill ya!

I have two dogs and you just get used to it!

It will come off the tires eventually by itself & I don't run home or the car wash as fast as I can and wash it off either!

kb9nvh
08-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks for my first LAUGH of the day... and from a year ago post too..LOL
Need to remember to look at the posting dates of the original thread...

Still hilarious!!

STIHL GUY
08-07-2009, 11:49 PM
just go around them and leave a area of uncut grass. they will learn soon enough to clean up after their dog

JayD
08-08-2009, 10:05 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
LMAO........

Who needs to ever pay for therapy when you can read stuff like this and :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

goodgreen
11-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Needs to be washed out with hose ASAP or it will dry up and stink. I have started refusing to cut those areas of a clients property where I spot waste if they refuse to clean it up ahead of my visit. They usually comply eventually. This is one of my biggest pet peeves in this business. And I have started asking new contacts if they have dogs prior to having them sign a work agreement.

Mowbizz
11-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I try to avoid it when possible but there's always a "bomb" or two that sneak up into your treads...I deal with it because it's not a chronic problem...and the doggydoo works itself out on someone else's lawn...If all my accounts had lots of it there would certainly be an ultimatum to the home owners to keep ahead of the fido feces...or be charged extra.:drinkup:

Mowingman
11-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I always washed it out with the customers garden hose, in his lawn, or on his driveway. No way I am tracking that crap onto my trailer.

Pat'sPerfectLawnService
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
i always washed it out with the customers garden hose, in his lawn, or on his driveway. No way i am tracking that crap onto my trailer.
me to...........:)

JB1
11-01-2009, 09:36 PM
you guys are whimps, we have customers who's cows get out, you should see the sh$t fly when we mow through that, horse sh$t is even better its taller piles and flys farther.

ffduffy24
11-01-2009, 10:53 PM
popular thread?

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-02-2009, 01:03 AM
you guys are whimps, we have customers who's cows get out, you should see the sh$t fly when we mow through that, horse sh$t is even better its taller piles and flys farther.

I would rather mow thru cow pies than dog piles. At least you can eat beef.....

chuacro
11-02-2009, 01:10 AM
I have a lawn in a upscale area. Customer has a fountain out front with bricks around foundation. Their dog is so big it looks me right in the eyes. This is the only area in the lawn that it takes the dumps. I scoop them up and lay them on the bricks before I mow. I do not have as many dumps now.

350yddr
11-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I've got 2 large breed dogs at the house that create many land mines during the week. When the 14 yr. old neglects his duties of shoveling up the piles, no allowance. Easiest way I've found to clean tires is using hot water from the hose hooked up to the laundry sink in the garage. Actually works amazingly well, hot water is the answer.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
11-02-2009, 12:05 PM
I've got 2 large breed dogs at the house that create many land mines during the week. When the 14 yr. old neglects his duties of shoveling up the piles, no allowance. Easiest way I've found to clean tires is using hot water from the hose hooked up to the laundry sink in the garage. Actually works amazingly well, hot water is the answer.

But that means you are dragging dog doo back home with you. Why?
I have one lawn that is notoriously poor at cleanup up their mastiff mess. I clean out my wheels with their garden hose each time before I leave.
Man that stuff stinks.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
12-02-2009, 10:50 AM
I have a lawn in a upscale area. Customer has a fountain out front with bricks around foundation. Their dog is so big it looks me right in the eyes. This is the only area in the lawn that it takes the dumps. I scoop them up and lay them on the bricks before I mow. I do not have as many dumps now.

Funny, hahahaha

swebb
12-02-2009, 12:09 PM
We had an account that had 2, not 1, but 2 - 175 pound Newfoundlands. The owner was an elderly woman that was a VERY good friends mother (so I really couldn't just drop the account or I would have!). Lets just say she wasn't very good at keeping up with the output of the dogs. To make the job worse the gate to the back yard (poopville) was roughly 18 inches wide. So we had to use a 19" push mower and angle it thru the opening. So not only were we cutting thru poop, we were walking thru it too!!!! We would draw straws to see who had the joy of the back yard at this account and that person would be responsible for EVERYTHING in the back (cut, whip, blow).

It was always nasty, but a for the most part garbage bags over the shoes would keep it to a minimum once off the site.

However, one time a newer guy decided he was the man and wanted to get thru that yard as quick as possible (we warned him that accuracy was more important than speed at this job), but he learned quickly this was a bad idea. After cutting the lawn and dodging the landmines, he went into speed-whip mode and whipped thru a huge pile.......Oh yeah, it was in his hair, mouth, and all over his clothes!!!

He rode home in the bed of the truck that day :)

Back then all accounts were important for keeping the company going...I would no more stand for that crap, than I could fly. I would give 2 written warnings...On the third - Do not cut, leave a letter of regret notifying them that the account was dropped (take a few pictures to CYA). If you are having to drive home to wash mowers or clean clothes, etc., you are losing money anyway so losing the account may save you money.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Jeez, el stinkville.

JayD
02-11-2010, 08:36 PM
We had an account that had 2, not 1, but 2 - 175 pound Newfoundlands. The owner was an elderly woman that was a VERY good friends mother (so I really couldn't just drop the account or I would have!). Lets just say she wasn't very good at keeping up with the output of the dogs. To make the job worse the gate to the back yard (poopville) was roughly 18 inches wide. So we had to use a 19" push mower and angle it thru the opening. So not only were we cutting thru poop, we were walking thru it too!!!! We would draw straws to see who had the joy of the back yard at this account and that person would be responsible for EVERYTHING in the back (cut, whip, blow).

It was always nasty, but a for the most part garbage bags over the shoes would keep it to a minimum once off the site.

However, one time a newer guy decided he was the man and wanted to get thru that yard as quick as possible (we warned him that accuracy was more important than speed at this job), but he learned quickly this was a bad idea. After cutting the lawn and dodging the landmines, he went into speed-whip mode and whipped thru a huge pile.......Oh yeah, it was in his hair, mouth, and all over his clothes!!!

He rode home in the bed of the truck that day :)

Back then all accounts were important for keeping the company going...I would no more stand for that crap, than I could fly. I would give 2 written warnings...On the third - Do not cut, leave a letter of regret notifying them that the account was dropped (take a few pictures to CYA). If you are having to drive home to wash mowers or clean clothes, etc., you are losing money anyway so losing the account may save you money.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I'm sorry, I could not help myself. I know the feeling. I have one like that but not as bad but I swear we would just get started and she would let her two dogs out, I guess cause she just got home. You would think that she could wait just 10-20 min. Like your story, the dogs had something for the gates and fence line. At least I knew where to look.

I do wash off my mower right there in her yard before I leave....

freshprince94
02-12-2010, 02:23 AM
I just run over it and deal with it. It comes off eventually. Seriously, it's only dog ****. I've got bigger things to worry about when I'm mowing. I just wanna get in and get out. One time I did the doughnuts in the driveway but that did nothing. The bottom line is that some people just don't care about the lawn guy.

Now weedeating through dog crap, I can see how that wouldn't be pleasant. That would absolutely suck.

And I agree with what the others are saying. I don't have time to run home and wash off dog crap. Actually I probably do but I'm always in a big rush when I mow for no reason.

JayD
02-12-2010, 06:19 AM
I just run over it and deal with it. It comes off eventually. Seriously, it's only dog ****. I've got bigger things to worry about when I'm mowing. I just wanna get in and get out. One time I did the doughnuts in the driveway but that did nothing. The bottom line is that some people just don't care about the lawn guy.

Now weedeating through dog crap, I can see how that wouldn't be pleasant. That would absolutely suck.

And I agree with what the others are saying. I don't have time to run home and wash off dog crap. Actually I probably do but I'm always in a big rush when I mow for no reason.

Its not fair to spread to your next customers lawn!

yardguy28
02-12-2010, 02:57 PM
honestly i just leave it there. it does stink but it doesn't take long for it to wear off from use.

i looks like this year though i'm dung free. i lost the accounts that had dog sheot.

dave50kate
02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
My contract has a clause about dog feces and customer obligations to clean it up or I'll stop work in the "unsanitary area", mainly to bring it to their attention. I still run over and step in it. A hose works wonders. I hate to track it into my vehicles!

jvanvliet
02-13-2010, 11:50 AM
It's part of the job, no avoiding it in a manner of speaking. I usually hose it off my tires before I leave the job. I do have a provision in my service agreement that says I don't cut if here is exsesive excrement on the property.

topsites
02-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Its not fair to spread to your next customers lawn!

You're not supposed to spread fertilizer without a license.

dave50kate
02-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Seriously? Oregon has plenty of laws to deal with, but so far not this one.

FYS777
02-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Seriously? Oregon has plenty of laws to deal with, but so far not this one.

Agreed, and Indeed!!!!!!!!

JayD
02-15-2010, 09:39 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Good one Tops.....

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-20-2010, 10:48 PM
honestly i just leave it there. it does stink but it doesn't take long for it to wear off from use.

i looks like this year though i'm dung free. i lost the accounts that had dog sheot.

Almost dung free for me. Only one left, mastiff nonetheless:(

jdmcat
02-21-2010, 04:17 AM
I think this thread has been stepped in and tracked all through the house.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Anyone bid up any land mine infested lawns yet?

Southern Pride
04-01-2010, 11:22 PM
really?
yall are in the wroong business.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
04-03-2010, 12:31 AM
really?
yall are in the wroong business.

Don't get it??..........

FYS777
04-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Don't get it??..........

me don't get it either, but i have picked up an extra charge for poo pick up on two of my clients. 20 bucks extra for 5 to 8 min, is worth it. i think anyway.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
04-03-2010, 02:20 AM
me don't get it either, but i have picked up an extra charge for poo pick up on two of my clients. 20 bucks extra for 5 to 8 min, is worth it. i think anyway.

i was gonna say the same thing but didnt want to hear a ration of shi*. i have this really rich woman off the golf course and she straight up told me when she hired me that she doesnt pick up her dogs poo so could i deal with it? (it was covered!) i said no i usually ask custmrs to pick it up be4. so i told her id do it for an extra $15 a cut. lol i already have a pooper scooper for my own dog so it dont bother me one bit

JayD
04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Anyone bid up any land mine infested lawns yet?

Yeah, I did and frankly I'm about tired of this crap. People call you out for a estimate and you would think that they would be smart enough to at least clean it up before you get there. So I just started telling them that they will be charged if I clean it up because its not fair to me to have to step in it and track it into my truck and also onto other customers lawn.
I just got $15.00 for picking up one guys dog shi* before I mowed. :walking:

Southern Pride
04-06-2010, 01:32 AM
I was mainly referring to those of you who can't stand it on your tires? and race to the carwash to get it off. That's just wierd.

If you can turn sh!t into money thats another thing..

JayD
04-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I was mainly referring to those of you who can't stand it on your tires? and race to the carwash to get it off. That's just wierd.

If you can turn sh!t into money thats another thing..

I have one that I just use her water hose and spray it down right there in her yard. What can she say, it's her dog poo. LOL

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Still have one dog dung lawn guys. They say they clean it up weekly, but there are piles all over when I run my Z in there. Stinks up my garage when the trailer/mower are parked in there. I am tired of it, and I am getting enough business now that maybe I will 'raise' their price up for next season so that they might be inclined to look elsewhere.