PDA

View Full Version : How much should one person bring in?

pinto n mwr
08-04-2008, 11:51 PM
How much revenue should one applicator bring in, in one year? Based on a 7 month work year

Also, how many acres should one applicator be able to handle in the same amount of time.

I know these scenarios can are vague but lets hear some good guesstimates.

Runner
08-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Depends on the equipment. A tech should be able to handle somewhere between 400 and 500 accounts if all the keys are in place, and the routing is done. Now, this is based on average lawns that are half acre lots - mixed with a few larger, some commercials, and some smaller ones. This is based on a 20 day work month, - giving some weekend days to rain and such. revenue? that is an unanswerable question, as there is so much difference in pricing for different areas. There are parts of this country that LITERALLY get twice the amount per ap as what we do here.

mngrassguy
08-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Well, let's see. I like to see $1,000/day, 4 days/week, 30 weeks=$120,000. More like $100,000 though.

Acres? BOOM. My head just exploded.lol

BTW, sorry about the dead cell battery. I'll call you later in the week.

Frank Fescue
08-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Work a month yourself, see how well you perform. If you put in a hard days work each day it's reasonable to expect everybody else to do the same.
Adjust slightly for lawn size, Distance between stops and all. If you average in a route $900 a day, expect them to bring in $900 a day

heritage
08-05-2008, 05:09 PM
How much revenue should one applicator bring in, in one year? Based on a 7 month work year

Also, how many acres should one applicator be able to handle in the same amount of time.

I know these scenarios can are vague but lets hear some good guesstimates.

40,000 Year Taxable INCOME per Employee/Truck in my Neck of the woods.

So you do 100K revenue per truck/employee. How much is left after all the bills are PAID???

If you can't make 30+% at LEAST, after all COSTS/Expenses paid, then better off being a Great Employee Yourself.

Seriously.

Why kill yourself, for a smaller Net Profit......Nobody cares if you do 650K in 2007 with 15 employees, if your Taxable Income was only 60 Grand.......Do you see my points???

Get an Accountant and a Good Business Plan.

Learn the BUSINESS side, then go make some MONEY :)

Pete

humble1
08-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I am trying to put more effort into mosquito control my profit margin is 2-300 per hour if i have a tight route. In MA I can pull down over 1000.00 a day but im in a good area.

pinto n mwr
08-06-2008, 12:25 AM
so what do you guys think of 100 or so accounts that total 250 acres. biggest site is 23 acres. Equipment is, Vicon, HPS, push spreader, 300 gal Wanner special, and a 200 gel spacesaver. 2/3 of the accounts it takes just as long to blow as it is to fertilize.

mngrassguy
08-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Sounds like a lot of work and a lot of equipment for one guy. Per your OP how much revenue is that?

stressed
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
Work a month yourself, see how well you perform. If you put in a hard days work each day it's reasonable to expect everybody else to do the same.
Adjust slightly for lawn size, Distance between stops and all. If you average in a route $900 a day, expect them to bring in $900 a day

Ha:hammerhead:

Frank Fescue
08-07-2008, 04:39 PM
so what do you guys think of 100 or so accounts that total 250 acres. biggest site is 23 acres. Equipment is, Vicon, HPS, push spreader, 300 gal Wanner special, and a 200 gel spacesaver. 2/3 of the accounts it takes just as long to blow as it is to fertilize.

you're going to give one guy 100 accounts to total 250 acres? hope he's being paid awfully well. i dont see how it could take just as long to blow as fertilize given the paramteres you laid out unless you're doing a god awful half arsed job.

pinto n mwr
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
well, that's what i got right now. Most of the accounts are townhouses with 50 to 400 units a pop, Anyone familiar with townhomes know that the units have sidewalks, patios, driveways, drivelines, lots of blowing... I don't care how good you are or how far away you stay away from the curbline, you will still have to blow. Even worse will the higher notrogen, slow release fertilizers, it throws farther

garydale
08-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I look at $1000. per truck per day.
There all sorts of variables as I'm sure you know.