PDA

View Full Version : Trimmer Trap + 2 1/2 years = Shaft broken in half

ProStreetCamaro
08-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Shaft just broke in half today on one of our SRM-230 trimmers caused by the Trimmer Trap. Anybody else ever experiance this? The trimmer fit in nice and snug. I guess the bouncing over the last 2 1/2 years fatigued the shaft and it finally snapped.

No more trimmer racks for us from now on I guess. :cry:

BillyRgn
08-05-2008, 01:46 PM
i had this problem with a shindiawa trimmer, the metal shaft just wore right down from rubbing against the rack, broke right in half also, now i put a piece of foam like what goes on the handle bars of a kids bike, in the spot ware there is bare metal touching the rack, i was not a happy camper

ProStreetCamaro
08-05-2008, 01:49 PM
i had this problem with a shindiawa trimmer, the metal shaft just wore right down from rubbing against the rack, broke right in half also, now i put a piece of foam like what goes on the handle bars of a kids bike, in the spot ware there is bare metal touching the rack, i was not a happy camper

Thats a good idea I will have to give that a try. Luckily we have 3 old echo trimmers for spare parts and im sure one of them is an SRM-230 i can steal the shaft from.

T.E.
08-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I had the trimmer trap...I think it is a good rack but now I have the extreme, and would never go back. Good luck, Tony

Richard Martin
08-05-2008, 02:52 PM
No problems with mine at all. My Stihl edger has been riding around in them since about 2000.

This is the first time I've ever heard someone blame a rack for cutting their trimmer in half.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
08-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi guys,

Check out our xtreme series trimmer rack. It totally eliminates movement in the rack, which eliminates shaft wear.

http://www.trailerracks.com/

Remember, lawnsite customers get 10% off when they use coupon code lawnsite1