PDA

View Full Version : My new Website

OsbornLawnMaintenance
08-05-2008, 01:43 PM
www.osbornelawns.com

Its a very basic site but, then again it only cost my $10. Let me know of any ways you think I should improve on it.

B & B Yardscape
08-06-2008, 09:19 AM
The web site is fine once you get some content in there.

I personaly don't like "intros" it just slows down getting to the web page.

I personaly don't like counters. Your web page hoster or other systems can monitor how many hits you get and much more. You have to have a number that makes the visitor feel good and it is different for everyone.

This is quoted from your site, " Here at Osborne Lawn Maintenance your happiness is our number one priority."

I would tend to think this is not true. I would think you have other higher priortities than your customer happiness. Like making money, growing your business, etc.

I would put, "At Osborne Lawn Maintenance, the customers satisfaction is our number one priority."

Good Luck

OsbornLawnMaintenance
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
The web site is fine once you get some content in there.

I personaly don't like "intros" it just slows down getting to the web page.

I personaly don't like counters. Your web page hoster or other systems can monitor how many hits you get and much more. You have to have a number that makes the visitor feel good and it is different for everyone.

This is quoted from your site, " Here at Osborne Lawn Maintenance your happiness is our number one priority."

I would tend to think this is not true. I would think you have other higher priortities than your customer happiness. Like making money, growing your business, etc.

I would put, "At Osborne Lawn Maintenance, the customers satisfaction is our number one priority."

Good Luck

Just changed it, thanks for the advise. By the way, who in your opinion is the best host? I am using enom right now but I dont really like the ui that they have for their "web site creator."

B & B Yardscape
08-08-2008, 07:40 PM
I use tripod. $4.95 a month and you can use their templates or write your own html.

Ron Marston
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
on web page it looks like carptry on pic should be mower and landscaping

MJS
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
It's really very clean and tidy, but it looks too much like a template. . . I would get rid of the red borders, too.

Also, not to be nitpicky, but in the "What We Do" section, you have several services capitalized (Weed Eat, Edge, Trim, etc.) that should probably be in lowercase.

Looks good, and I'll be checking back in a few weeks to see the progress.

lifetree
08-08-2008, 10:54 PM
... I personaly don't like "intros" it just slows down getting to the web page. ...

I agree !!

Military Lawns
08-10-2008, 12:01 PM
"We are making an effort to present you with our entire spectrum of offers as soon as possible. At this point we can provide you with information regarding our lawn maintenance services.This topic is certainly of interest to you".

This does not sound right. I would read this again and re-word it something along these lines: We are currently working to present you with our entire line of service options as soon as possible. Please give us a call so that we can discuss any green information regarding the care of your lawn.

Bill S
08-11-2008, 09:11 PM
What we do - - - change it to Landscaping Services

All font needs to be larger, I am young with good eyes and a large monitor and I had a hard time reading the text...

Content, content, content...add it soon

Put a section at the bottom with your geo tag, list of all this cities you want to work in this will help your clients know if you service their areas and it will also help for seo purposes though that is an entirely seperate thread for you.

cbscreative
08-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Since I'm new here and just joined after getting a referral, I don't yet have any idea how many professional web designers are part of this community. However, the advice that Flash intros are bad is good advice. Flash has some useful purposes, but intros are not one of them and should be considered taboo. If you give your site visitor a chance to leave, they probably will. They are more likely to click off than click the Skip Intro button.

On the plus side, the site is clean. Congrats on that because one of the primary mistakes site owners make is going overboard. You've done well to avoid that common error except for the Flash intro. But in your web copy, just get to the point, tell them what you do, and how it will benefit them.

If I were writing the content, I would 86 the "Thank you for visiting" and all the apologies for the site being new. Focus on what you do, how you can benefit the customer, and your response rate will be much better. You have between 3 and 8 seconds before the visitor is either drawn in, or bails on you. Don't waste that opportunity with fluff, and for sure, get rid of the Flash intro.

You've done a lot of things right, and just being on the web puts you in a better position than many of your competitors. By the time they make the same move, you'll be miles ahead of them.

TrimmerAssist
08-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I would suggest for now, loose the "what we do page". On the home page use

Thank you for visiting the Osborne Lawn Maintenance Jacksonville Florida Web Site. We are a dedicated Lawn Service Company who places our customerís satisfaction as number one. We would like to provide you with your Lawn Care needs for many years.

We are a full service company and can accommodate all your needs; Mowing, Edging, Hedges, Low Limb Removal, etc. We take a great deal of pride in doing quality work that you can be proud of. Please do not hesitate to contact us for free quotes.

Contact Osborne Lawn Service, Jacksonville Florida

The words I underlined should be hyperlinked to the contact us page. This is for primary SEO function to associate your company with your area. You repeated yourself way too much there on your rough draft .. with contact us by this and that. Dont just write stuff down, unless it is meaningful. You will come up with more stuff after you think about it of course. I can help you more if you need me to. You do need to come up with a little bit more content though. And make the font bigger, easier to read, makes people more comfortable.