PDA

View Full Version : gravely

cutbetterthanyou
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
i have been seeing a few positive post about the x factor decks but i was wondering how has everyone made out with the mowers themselves? No one around me uses them everyone says they are junk. I would be interested in one as the only decent dealer in town sells them. what kind of problems and how many hrs are you guys geting on them

lawnspecialties
08-05-2008, 06:26 PM
What's happening, my service body friend? :)

I bought three Gravelys earlier this year. Look at my signature here. So far, they've been great. I bought these because SuperZs became crazy expensive this year and I despise the XR-7 deck.

Although I don't think the Gravelys handle quite as well as the "lower center of gravity" SuperZs, the X-Factor deck more than makes up for it. They have the same pumps and wheel motors.

The Gravelys and Deere models I was looking at were similar priced but the Gravelys won out. Since I bought three, I got fleet pricing which knocked several more hundred off each unit.

My 252 and 260 have about 60-70 hours each and the smaller 148 has almost 25. No problems at all, yet.

lawnspecialties
08-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Here's my thread. Look at the first post and the 12th post.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=231834&highlight=Gravely

cutbetterthanyou
08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
hey man was been goin on, stil busy in NC it just picked back up here. 2 weeks ago i was starting to worry.

anyway, how many hrs you got on them so far ? I will not be geting anything at least till next year. I was kind of wondering how they held up. everyone i talk to said they were junk that they were in the shop more than on the tralier? What do you think of them conpared to the older ultracut exmarks, thats what i have now i like them but when i deside to get new i don't think i will get a triton. Just started to slim down my opions for when the day comes.

lifetree
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
... anyway, how many hrs you got on them so far ? ...

LawnSpecialties -- I guess he didn't read your post !