PDA

View Full Version : quick 36 clutch

lawncare18
08-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Guys.. I just replaced the clutch everything went good except I can not get the blades to turn completly off.. something is hung up with that cable or I put it back on wrong?? Anyone with any experience with this?? its just a hair shy from shuting off all the way... im tired and just seing if anyone knows?? thanks guys still a great mower.

Big C
08-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Call BOP they will give you proper instructions on what needs to be done.

lawncare18
08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks.. gona call them in the morning I just know its something stupid I forgot or something thats a hair out of adjustment cause like I say the blades are spining but not much its just not releasing the clutch lever all the way out.

LawnNeedz
08-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Watch the video on there website if you have not already. When I replaced the clutch on my 36 I noticed that there is a pinon the underside of the mower. The clutch has a bracket on it with a hole that the pin fits in to hold the clutch in the position for blade engagement. The pin might not be in the hole. If that does not work just call. They are great to work with and will get you taken care of. By the way, how many hours are on your mower?

lawncare18
08-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Its 2 and half years old not sure about hours.. I cant complain the machine has never had any issues ... I just need to get it up and runing grass is growing so fast in northern new york... have had lots and lots of rain... thanks for all your help. How old was your mower when your clutch went??

LawnNeedz
08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
Less than a year with 75 hours. Good Luck!

Cagey
08-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Did BOP replace the clutch under warranty even though it was just outside of the warranty period? One a side note, is this a common problem with Quick mowers?

I am considering one of these mowers, so I had to ask.

Cagey

LawnNeedz
08-06-2008, 08:37 AM
They replaced mine at no charge. I am not sure if it is a common problem or not, but BOP has great customer service and they will stand behind there product.

lawncare18
08-06-2008, 09:10 PM
They didnt cover mine but no complaints from me .. I am more then happy with the mower.. and that is the first problem I have ever had on it and better went beyond the call of duty to make sure my problem was taken care of. They now have videos that show you step by step how to fix things. I would deff. purchase a machine if I were you. Its a great great machine. lawnnez: You were right on problem fixd and I was mowing today.Thanks for the help.