PDA

View Full Version : Older ZTR model worth it or not?

LacasseLC
08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Looking in the local want ad i found a 1996 toro zero turn. I think its model Z222. I believe they only made them for a few years. I am just starting out and was wondering if it would be worth having this mower with my walk behind and if anyone has one are they any good? do they mow alright?.:confused:

dont have the doe quite yet for a brandy new one!

thanks

FreshStartLawns
01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
I have a Z222 and it cuts great..... It looks a little older but it was an awesome investment for me.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
01-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I NEVER TURN THEM DOWN IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT. USUALLY, THEY ARE WELL-BUILT, MADE TO LAST, PLENTY OF POWER. IT'S ALL ABOUT PRICE vs. PRODUCTION IN THE BUSINESS OF BUYING MOWERS. IF I CAN BUY A ZERO TURN FOR 1/6 THE COST OF NEW...COUNT ME IN!!!!

Tower Rat 95B
01-03-2009, 05:23 AM
The new Exmarks are way way way high in price and imop do not cut any better than the older units, in fact I see NO big improvements on the new units as opposed to the older units. I have a 9 year old 60 Z, 3700 hours and a 6 year old 52 Z, 2900 hours the hydros seem solid and a new 23 HP Kohler would set me back less than 2 grand, spindles about 300 hundred , pulleys and bushing another 300 hundred, tires 200 hundred,,,,,,,,, if I invest my money in parts as opposed to new mowers I belive I would be better off the only risk is the hydro units as they are very exspensive and if you needed to replace the complet drive system your in for some big $'s I think just under 3 grand for 2 wheel motors and 2 pumps and all new hydro lines............ If you can turn your wrenches and diagnos mower issues I would say go for it, Good Luck