PDA

View Full Version : Spray Pricing for new business

Green Up
08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
I have just gotten state certified to strat spraying. I have been in the lawn cae service for 20 years. Having expanded my business, there is alot of thing to learn. I have purchased a Lesco 250 gal. sprayer with 300' 1/2' hose spray system. In the area that i live, there is no other certified applicators. I have no one to compare pricing with. I want to be fair to the customers, but I also want to make a profit. I have heard pricing ranging from $4.00 per 1000 to $8.00 per 1000. I use alot of Lesco products. I have noticed that I get a different price from everytime I call them. I seems to depend on who I talk to. I know that there are alot of factors to consider. Your input would be greatly apprciated.

RigglePLC
08-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Always take their lowest offer.
I think one of the major companies charges 6 dollars per thousand, plus a 22 dollar stop charge.

humble1
08-06-2008, 12:25 AM
I have just gotten state certified to strat spraying. I have been in the lawn cae service for 20 years. Having expanded my business, there is alot of thing to learn. I have purchased a Lesco 250 gal. sprayer with 300' 1/2' hose spray system. In the area that i live, there is no other certified applicators. I have no one to compare pricing with. I want to be fair to the customers, but I also want to make a profit. I have heard pricing ranging from $4.00 per 1000 to $8.00 per 1000. I use alot of Lesco products. I have noticed that I get a different price from everytime I call them. I seems to depend on who I talk to. I know that there are alot of factors to consider. Your input would be greatly apprciated.

you should always price based on your costs and profit margin. So if your fixed and variable costs come in at X you cant do a job for less even if everyone else is. Make sense?

mngrassguy
08-06-2008, 02:38 AM
When I first started 20+ years ago someone told me to shoot for:

25% labor
25% materials
25% overhead
25% profit

Those #'s have evolved over the years but it's a good baseline to start with.