PDA

View Full Version : light bars

born2farm
08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
im looking at a code3 roatating bar to put on my truck. im not sure if i will be plowing with this truck(most likely not). do you guys use your lights much when mowing and landscaping?

CoopersLandscaping
08-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Personally, I don't think it'de be necessary. I have concidered it , but LED light bars are very expensive. I am a firefighter- to be and I know they're expensive. It all depends in what kindof situation you're in. If you snow-plowing it wouldn't ne a bad idea. But I think for Mowing and Landscaping I don't think it'de be worth probably close to 800 or 900 dollars

punt66
08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Personally, I don't think it'de be necessary. I have concidered it , but LED light bars are very expensive. I am a firefighter- to be and I know they're expensive

hahaha, why are so many landscapers fire fighters??? Serious question. Not making fun. Just looking for the connection.

JosephLawnCare
08-06-2008, 06:24 PM
hahaha, why are so many landscapers fire fighters??? Serious question. Not making fun. Just looking for the connection.

So are school teachers, makes since with the summers off>:drinkup:

treeman574
08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
because were available during the day and can leave when the tones drop!! besides we have to get a pension some how dont we

treeman574
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
now to be serious about your lightbar. first thing you would need to do is decide if your gonna plow because that would make a huge difference in which bar you would want and the cost of such bar. rotating bars are a huge amp draw, then strobe followed by led. so they bar you are talking about you would also want to upgrade you alternator espically if you plan on running it while the truck is not running. now assume that you are plowing you have your on your bar light, defroster, head lights, and wipers after a couple of hours your gonna have a big problem espically if you havent upgraded batt and alt. those 4 things equal a huge electric draw

CoopersLandscaping
08-06-2008, 09:03 PM

Well, like he said . When our tone drops you can just jump in the truck and go . After you clean up a fire call, you can come back. It is also a good time passer. A volunteer firefighter is not constantly on the Engine. We do alot of just sittin. I personally also love to own a company and work it. Does that work??

J.Cooper
1998 Jeep Cherokee
1996 Ford F150
DR Field/BRUSH mower
HUSQVARNA WH3615E Soon to come!!!!!
Poulan Pro Blower
Poulan Pro Leaf Vac
Weed Eater LEaf Blower- soon to be replaced with a HUSQVARNA back pack blower
2007 YArd MAchines Push mower w/electric start
Troy Built Strait Shaft Weed eater
Ryobi Strait shatf Weed Eater ( PIECE OF JUNK!!) GONNA GET replaced with a STIHL Strait shaft

Coopers Landscaping Single Operator

MSS Mow
08-06-2008, 09:25 PM
im looking at a code3 roatating bar to put on my truck. im not sure if i will be plowing with this truck(most likely not). do you guys use your lights much when mowing and landscaping?

A light bar can be quite handy in the mowing/landscape business, even if you don't plow snow.

It is a safety issue that all should take a little more serious. I find it amazing how many "companies" will just pull up along the road and park 3/4 in the road, on a busy 2 lane road. Even on hill/corners without any sort of warning devices. Not even 4 way hazard lights, no orange safety cones, definately no light bars.

If I'm even close to the road my cones are stretched out for ever, hazard lights are on and my LED light bar is on. I know it's not fool proof, but if something were to happen, I'm pretty sure I'd be looked at favorably for providing proper safety warning devices.

deere615
08-06-2008, 10:32 PM
A light bar can be quite handy in the mowing/landscape business, even if you don't plow snow.

It is a safety issue that all should take a little more serious. I find it amazing how many "companies" will just pull up along the road and park 3/4 in the road, on a busy 2 lane road. Even on hill/corners without any sort of warning devices. Not even 4 way hazard lights, no orange safety cones, definately no light bars.

If I'm even close to the road my cones are stretched out for ever, hazard lights are on and my LED light bar is on. I know it's not fool proof, but if something were to happen, I'm pretty sure I'd be looked at favorably for providing proper safety warning devices.

I agree, I don't run my lightbar as its a rotator, but cones and hadzards at alot of my accoubts. I do see a lot of big companies with absolutely nothing on very busy roads!

born2farm
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
well i bought the light bar. i will only run it on busy streets or when we are taking up the one whole lane. right now we run our hazards and stretch cones out behind the trailer (purchasing more to block the front)

KrayzKajun
08-07-2008, 09:57 AM

becuz working at he staion is equipment maintenace and paperwork time!!!
lol

i love landscaping and firefighting!

Dunlaps LawnCare
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
i have a code 3 forsale with blue and amber pm me for the details

punt66
08-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Well, like he said . When our tone drops you can just jump in the truck and go . After you clean up a fire call, you can come back. It is also a good time passer. A volunteer firefighter is not constantly on the Engine. We do alot of just sittin. I personally also love to own a company and work it. Does that work??

J.Cooper
1998 Jeep Cherokee
1996 Ford F150
DR Field/BRUSH mower
HUSQVARNA WH3615E Soon to come!!!!!
Poulan Pro Blower
Poulan Pro Leaf Vac
Weed Eater LEaf Blower- soon to be replaced with a HUSQVARNA back pack blower
2007 YArd MAchines Push mower w/electric start
Troy Built Strait Shaft Weed eater
Ryobi Strait shatf Weed Eater ( PIECE OF JUNK!!) GONNA GET replaced with a STIHL Strait shaft

Coopers Landscaping Single Operator

if it works for you. It seems the same all across the country with landscapers into volunteer fire fighting. Its an odd connection. I am not interested in it but so many are and was curious to why.

born2farm
08-07-2008, 07:10 PM
i have a code 3 forsale with blue and amber pm me for the details

sorry i already purchased a bar