PDA

View Full Version : Where to find entrance rocks?

hickslawns
08-06-2008, 12:59 AM
I am in need of some rocks for an entrance into a car dealership. Looking for something like what you see in the fancy neighborhoods in the big towns. Probably a natural rock with smooth bottom and engraving on both sides. Local suppliers told me try the monument company but they want to sell black marble at mega bucks. I am using versalok because the township wants them to move a planter which is existing that we built out of versalok. Long story with local politics involved, but I guess the second job we are getting out of it works out for us. I am thinking about 2 pillars of the versalok with a knee high wall in between and using the rosetta stone turned upright and engraved if I can't find anything. Just need to cut off the hooks used to handle it. Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Travis E
08-06-2008, 07:28 AM
How big of rocks are you talking about?

PatriotLandscape
08-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Call a local excavation company they usually have them or they will tell you were they sell theres to.

hickslawns
08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I guess rocks may have been too general. I am looking for something that is actually flat bottomed (guess it could be a natural rock) to set on top of the wall with engraving of the dealer's name in it. Are most of these natural rocks? Bought thru retaining wall/paver suppliers? Any help appreciated.

scenicexcellence
08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
i think your idea with the rosetta would be a great approach as you know it will lay flat as it is pre manufactured.

mngrassguy
08-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Here in Mn we use:

http://www.hedbergaggregates.com/Default.aspx