PDA

View Full Version : I have a new outlook on life!!

bobcat_ron
08-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I have whole new, clean, fresh, clear-as-a-whistle outlook on life now.

I am simply amazed and stunned at the difference.

Look for yourself:

Before:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/Pictures125.jpg

After:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Pictures876.jpg

Can you "see" the difference?

I sure can:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Pictures873.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Pictures874.jpg

It's a custom formed lexan with a scratch coating and slight tint to reduce glare, and the company that does it has a massive account with Cat rentals and everyone else that has broken any sort of glass window on a piece of heavy equipment.

And on a side note, you didn't really think I had gotten rid of my skid steer or started better ant-deppresants now did you?

You buggers.

Gravel Rat
08-06-2008, 02:32 PM
The worst thing is looking through a scratched/fogged up window. Never fails there is a rock chip or a scratch where your line of sight is :mad:

Is that your new trailer in the pictures if so how come it looks like its 10 years old already :laugh:

So how much did the new window cost ?

You need so see good out of the machine so you don't run over the high paid farm workers :D

bbailey
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Seeing is believing. Looks good !

KrayzKajun
08-06-2008, 02:44 PM
very nice!!

bobcat_ron
08-06-2008, 02:54 PM
That was the old trailer, that was the only before shot I had of the old window, but it was scratched something fierce, Finning didn't bullsh*t me on that, now I know why they wanted to remove the wiper blade!

I won't know the full cost of it until the get the bill in the mail, they told me it's the same price as Finning charges, but he'll make adjustments. The company name is Concept Heavy Equipment windows, based in Langley, just off 200th and 96th, he's got just about every frame and door of about every name of skid steer or excavator, large and small, even the new C Series doors, his are stiffer, he glues them in, and if you break or need the window replaced, he gets his framer ready with the new window, and you just bring in yours and do a swap of the wipers and minor things.
He's open from 5am to 9pm, 7 days a week which means he's a wanted man and obviously a workaholic.

And on a side note, inside the wiper gears, on the main drive gear, there is a second position for the crank arm pivot, it can popped out and driven into the hole for 115 degrees, rather than the factory 60 degrees of pivot, so I can even get the wiper right to the edges of the window, but that's another project. I learned that after the fuse to the wiper blew, the motor was seized, so I pulled it apart and cleaned it up.

Gravel Rat
08-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Thats good to know there is someone that can supply a decent equipment window.

I was wondering why that trailer looked so bad :laugh:

bobcat_ron
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Now this window will be used as a test window for my brother's equipment, if this window can survive a brick hitting it at full loader height, big brother will put a new window from Concept into his brush cutter excavator, then he can get rid of the lexan shield he currently uses.

bobcat_ron
08-11-2008, 01:13 PM
I got the bill for the work, $543.20 including taxes, I also learned that the window cleaner I need t use is Lemon Pledge, yup, it's going to have a nice lemony scent in the cab. Turns out the scratch coating is made from Urethane, the same glossy finish on wood cabinets and coffee tables. Who-da-thunkit.

Gravel Rat
08-11-2008, 05:17 PM
The window is a little on the pricey side but it is probably cheaper than replacing regular tempered glass on a regular basis.

Oh ya you can get orange scented pledge it smells better :drinkup:

bobcat_ron
08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I won't need deodorant no more either!

Gravel Rat
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
You will have to have something cover up the smell of curry :laugh:

Lazer_Z
08-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Hey Ron, I found something of interest for you in the for sale section here.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242155 :D

bobcat_ron
08-12-2008, 08:16 PM
I need that Boobrap like I need another hole in my head.

Junior M
08-12-2008, 10:06 PM
I need that Boobrap like I need another hole in my head.
ok well you buy the loader and i will give you a hole in the head!! haha my muzzleloader needs cleaned anyways!! hahaha

bobcat_ron
08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I scratched the window today, freaking gosh darn re-bar, came right across the window sideways.

Junior M
08-13-2008, 09:27 PM
whats the story behind this catastrophe?

bobcat_ron
08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
I was dragging 20 foot lengths of re-bar with the combo bucket going back wards, I also had a length sitting cross wise on the bucket that "I thought" was clamped in between the bucket, but as soon as I turned around the corner, one side got hooked on the comfort stall loop, and the other end came flying off, leaving a nice scratch across the door. It feels and looks like it scratched the Urethane coating, so I'll hit it with Pledge tomorrow.

Construct'O
08-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Nothing like another $554? won't fix.Don't you just love it when stuff happens like that .If you hadn't got in a hurry:hammerhead: to change out the old window you would still be looking through the old one:)

I'm replacing some radiator cores in my dozer,i'm hoping i don't have the same problems,since will be heading to tree cleaning jobs as soon as get things back togather.

Save some of the Pledge,i might be need some:confused::usflag:

Gravel Rat
08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
It never fails you replace a window it gets scratched :cry:

bobcat_ron
08-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Here's the damn scratch, even Lemon Pledge couldn't wipe this clean:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/Pictures892-1.jpg

Construct'O
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Here's the damn scratch, even Lemon Pledge couldn't wipe this clean:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t178/rdj07/Pictures892-1.jpg

Here's your problem Ron it'd that first word "Lemon" !!!!!!:laugh:

Never fails with the old window you would have been able to go for years without damage........That's why i still have a broken window on the cab of my dozer.Been years since it got cracked,and has cracked more over the years ,but must have happened more then 10years again.

I'm waiting until it gets so i can't see anything or it falls out,before i replace it.It is the front center one the small one,so usually your looking out the door ones at the corners of the blade,so you really don't pay that much attention to it.

To bad it got scratched Ron,but i'm sure it won't be the last ,especially if your working with concrete,rebar,salavage iron,and then there is trees!!!!!!!:usflag:

Gravel Rat
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
The glass shop or who ever you bought the window from might beable to polish that scratch out. They can't get rid of it competely but atleast clean it up.

dozerman21
08-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Here's your problem Ron it'd that first word "Lemon" !!!!!!:laugh:Never fails with the old window you would have been able to go for years without damage........That's why i still have a broken window on the cab of my dozer.Been years since it got cracked,and has cracked more over the years ,but must have happened more then 10years again.I'm waiting until it gets so i can't see anything or it falls out,before i replace it.It is the front center one the small one,so usually your looking out the door ones at the corners of the blade,so you really don't pay that much attention to it.To bad it got scratched Ron,but i'm sure it won't be the last ,especially if your working with concrete,rebar,salavage iron,and then there is trees!!!!!!!:usflag:

I had a spiderweb type break in one of my windows on one of my older dozers. It stayed that way for a few years until I replaced the machine. It was on the side and didn't really bother me. That scratch in Ron's window would drive me nuts though. I can't stand anything in my line of vision. I will wash the windows every morning if needed. Wintertime salt from the roads is the worst.

tallrick
08-17-2008, 08:18 PM
I wonder if anyone came up with an overlay of acrylic that you can fasten over the window when working in more risky areas. If it gets scratched no big deal.

bobcat_ron
08-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I wonder if anyone came up with an overlay of acrylic that you can fasten over the window when working in more risky areas. If it gets scratched no big deal.

I'd rather have a fine wire mesh screen, but those Cat B series doors are heavy enough!

Junior M
08-17-2008, 09:08 PM
doesnt a screen or guard a window on a skid or excavator limit your view? I think it would get aggravating but i dont know never ran a machine with one..

Scag48
08-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Screens and/or bars in front of the glass on excavators is no fun. There are applications that require their use, but if you don't really need them, you're definately better off.

Gravel Rat
08-17-2008, 10:55 PM
You get used to looking through bars. I rather have the guarding over the front window it is a safety net so you don't fall out the front window.

On a skid steer you can't do much for the front window it looks like Ron will have to get used to looking at a scratch in the window.

ksss
08-17-2008, 11:00 PM
You get used to looking through bars. I rather have the guarding over the front window it is a safety net so you don't fall out the front window.

On a skid steer you can't do much for the front window it looks like Ron will have to get used to looking at a scratch in the window.

If his luck is like mine. It would be like this, hold off on replacing it and you will be assured that you will never get another nick on it. Replace it and it will get scratched up again.

Gravel Rat
08-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Its just murphys law you replace something it will get damaged.

Rebar has to be the worst thing to handle its always has sharp edges I'am surprised it only scratched it and not gouged it good.

Like I mentioned they may beable to polish out that scratch they might not want to and make Ronald buy a new window.

tallrick
08-17-2008, 11:27 PM
A mesh or screen will probably increase the risk of damage as if it gets hit it could put more metal in contact with the clear plastic. I have filled gouges in plexiglass with a resin and a lot of polishing. The anti-scratch coating would probably prevent this. I feel bad for you, I know the "murphy's law" myself. Whenever I drive a ratty old car or truck I never have a problem. Restore or get a new one and it is a target. Once I finish restoring my Bobcats, I know they will be scratched in no time.