PDA

View Full Version : stolen

anj
08-06-2008, 05:05 PM
hey guys been a while since i was on the site. today i had all my 2cycle equip. taken out of a locked enclosed trailer. i feel like quiting. i have worked soo hard to buy equip.:cry: this is the second time i have been hit. is there anything you can do to prevent this crap from happening?::cry:

Daily Lawn/Landscape
08-06-2008, 05:17 PM
sorry to here about your loss. Keep your spirits up.Were you on a job site or was it at home/shop? In this day and age you have to keep an eye on things or keep it locked up.I thought about chaining a dog up to the trailer while I'm away from the equip. just to discourage some.

anj
08-06-2008, 05:20 PM
on a site working locked trailer and went to work. they could not cut the lock so the busted the latch on the trailer. i dont know how long its going to take the ins. to pay. i have soo much to do this week. i got behind last week due to an injury.

henri4207
08-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, has happend to me twice in the past 15 years. I now have an enclosed trailer with locks, and an alarm on the inside and outside and on both doors, with a sensor if you try to unhook the trailer it will go off. Hopefully you have ins. which is not very expensive. I pay $200 yearly for coverage of $24,000 in trailer and equipment as a rider on my commercial marine policy, which you may look into, but again that really sucks for hard worker like us!!!!!!

Genlandscape
08-06-2008, 05:57 PM
sorry to hear that man, some people just don't understant ow hard we have to work to pay for all that stuff, Maybe an extra hasp and padlock (bolted through the trailer) would help. some manufacturers make locking racks for enclosed trailers, wouldn't it suck for a thief that spends his time breaking into a trailer only to find everything inside is locked up too. keep ya' head up man ins. may take a while.

STIHL GUY
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
that stinks. hopefully it wont happen again

kleankutslawn
08-06-2008, 10:05 PM
hate to here about your loss

Branch manager
08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss,especially if you're trying to catch up from downtime from injury. I agree with the others that you need to beef up security. Add lock(s),price an inexpensive security system. This may reduce your insurance premiums,as well. Record all the serial numbers off your replacements,maybe etch an ID # on them as well.We all work hard,and it's sad we have to constantly keep eye on our stuff at the jobsite,as well as in storage.Times are hard, and it brings out the worst in some folks. Keep the faith,brother. What comes around usually goes around!. Fellow 'scaper, Brian.:drinkup:;)

jkason
08-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Put a BIG-ASS NRA logo on the trailer, with the words "I carry" under it.
In urban areas, it really cuts down on losses.