PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of our current job.

NateV
08-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Well we just started ripping ou the sidewalks at a dicks sporting goods near us. Theres just over 500' to rip out. I hate doing jobs in busy places like this bucause people have no comon sense about anything and one lady tried walking between our truck and machine as we were digging. The curb on this sidewalk is overkill. Take a look for yourself.

NateV
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Oh and at the one place we were dumping the guy told us he didnt want those big pieces even tho he's only dumping over a hill and filling a big valley in. so now were looking for another place.

JosephLawnCare
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
those pieces are huge!

Dirt Digger2
08-06-2008, 07:50 PM
curbs are always 18" (when poured with a slip form machine)...most shopping centers because of the amount of curbing use those machines...usually as you know the curb is 6-8" above grade then the rest is under

we had a small job ripping up curb a few weeks ago that the recycle place didnt want to take because it was too big..real pain...you guys only hauling with that little F800 it looks like?

NateV
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Yep were only using the F800, it may take a little longer but im getting a lot of driving experence.

KrayzKajun
08-06-2008, 08:16 PM
damn! those pieces are huge!

RockSet N' Grade
08-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Nate, how did you figure that job? By the square foot price or just figure time?

minimax
08-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Don't let one of those pieces slide out of the truck and into the cab:nono:.I like a thumb for that kind of work.

minimax

NateV
08-06-2008, 09:03 PM
We are just doing the demo work, and we just do it by time.

minimax, its hard to see but the bucket we are using is designed for concret work. Its called the Slab crab by Kenco. It wedges the piece into the bucket so it shouldnt come out. The bucket is better than the way my dad used to do it for years by just floping the piece up on to the bucket and hoping it would stay as you went to the truck with it.

coopers
08-06-2008, 09:19 PM
That's an interesting bucket, you have faith in it, I wouldn't.... ;) Thumb for me. What size machine is that? Very nice looking.

bobcat_ron
08-06-2008, 09:31 PM
You really should have brought a demo hammer to that job, that is nuts, someone must have really screwed up on their levels for the pavement!

Kepple Services
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Thats about average size pieces for a shopping center. You guys dont have a concrete recycler up there that will take those pieces? The recyclers here are hurting for concrete to crush right now, I get calls about weekly almost begging me to bring in whatever concrete I have. Using a excavator on a job like that is harder than using a track loader I found. I just put a set of good ole pallet forks on my T300 and pop panels out and stack them in the truck.

J. Peterson Grading
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
What brand of tracks do you have on your kobelco? Look like an ASV tread. I want them.

J.

bobcat_ron
08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
They look like SolidDeals to me.

NateV
08-06-2008, 10:14 PM
coopers: Its a Kobelco 45-sr2, 10,000 lbs machine

Ron: There will be either a hammer on a skid loader or a mini with a hoe ram there tomorrow. were not sure what the concret guy is going to rent since he has a JD skid he might just get one for that.

Kepple: The only concrete recycler around is about an hour and a half round trip away.

JP: All i know about the tracks are they are original and are made by bridgestone.

I'l get more pics tomorrow

deere615
08-06-2008, 11:40 PM
coopers: Its a Kobelco 45-sr2, 10,000 lbs machine

Ron: There will be either a hammer on a skid loader or a mini with a hoe ram there tomorrow. were not sure what the concret guy is going to rent since he has a JD skid he might just get one for that.

Kepple: The only concrete recycler around is about an hour and a half round trip away.

JP: All i know about the tracks are they are original and are made by bridgestone.

I'l get more pics tomorrow

What store is this? I am near pittsburgh too

RockSet N' Grade
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
MiniMax........good observation on loading.....having a slab slide in the cab would certainly spill your soda or coffee and mess up some pretty clean jeans

Kepple Services
08-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Sounds like an opportunity to me if a concrete recycler is that far away. In Orlando here we have 6. I am never more than 20 minutes from a recycler pretty much wherever I am.

Gravel Rat
08-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I never seen a side walk poured that thick :dizzy:

I would be using a thumb and bucket if I had chunks like that in my line of sight ie high enough I can see it.

Slabs of concrete like that you could save and use for fill.

NateV
08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
The pieces lock into the bucket and when you curl the bucket the other end of the slab usually gets locked in to the thumb bracket on the dipper so it doesnt go anywhere. The only thing you have to watch is setting the pieces down in the bed to make sure they dont roll back to you. Even if you would have a thumb the pieces would still do that. Il get a few more pics up here shortly.

Dirt Digger2
08-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Sounds like an opportunity to me if a concrete recycler is that far away. In Orlando here we have 6. I am never more than 20 minutes from a recycler pretty much wherever I am.

that is probably because florida hurts bad for aggregate so they use crushed concrete instead...up here in the north you seem to never be any farther then 20 minutes from the nearest quarry

RockSet N' Grade
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I have looked at Red Rhino crushers. Pick up truck portable..cost about $50k, may be a market for that type of machine in your area. They use the Red Rhino in Europe alot, but not too much here in the US. If I had to drive 1 1/2 hrs to a dump, I would be all over that portable crushing business......