PDA

View Full Version : Any more news on the Toro un-named stander?

tlb9596
08-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Like if they've decided on a name and when it is supposed to come out? And if it will come out with an eXmark sticker on it too?

nmez21
08-06-2008, 08:33 PM
The winning name will be announced on the site the week of Aug. 18th. I haven't heard anything about branding it for exmark though.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
They still haven't contacted me regarding the mower my witty titles MUST have won... :cry:

DCE
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
They have a link to a video on their site that supposedly shows the mower during field testing...but the video doesn't work. TEASE!! :D

Lawn Enforcer
08-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Well it's definitely gonna be one of my name choices! :laugh:
I talked to an Exmark rep yesterday and he said that the Toro stander will only be a Toro, and Exmark will come out with there own when the Wright patents run out.

tlb9596
08-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Well it's definitely gonna be one of my name choices! :laugh:
I talked to an Exmark rep yesterday and he said that the Toro stander will only be a Toro, and Exmark will come out with there own when the Wright patents run out.

I have a feeling they won't wait that long. There are other big companies that are working on Standers as we speak. eXmark has to jump on the bandwagon or be left behind. Whoever makes a gear drive Stander will take market share by storm, especially if they couple it with a tool-less fixed deck like Gravely, Wright, and Snapper Pro/Ferris.

When do the Wright patents run out? 2013?

tlb9596
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
The winning name will be announced on the site the week of Aug. 18th. I haven't heard anything about branding it for exmark though.

Ah. I can't wait to get my Toro Bi!

(that's what I called it, cuz I think Bis are hawt)

mississippiturf
08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I toured the Exmark plant last week in Beatrice. I promise, they rolled out the red carpet for me, my wife, and a grandson. One of the questions I asked was when/if Exmark was coming out with a stander. The rep told me that their parent company, Toro, was about to come out with one, but an Exmark brand was not planning any stander for next year. Perhaps they will wait to see how the Toro standers fair in the industry.

I could write a short book on my tour, but I'll shorten it a bit. The plant was in a two-week shut down as they are re-tooling for their next "latest and greatest" zero turn. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to tell, but the line-up for 2009 will incorporate a "uni-frame" construction. It's quite impressive. They were getting ready to ship out a few demos so as to get some feedback from the end users. Yep, I tried to get my name on that short list, but to no avail.

I was extreemely impressed with their research and development department. These folks really put their mowers to extreem mowing conditions. They lease several acres of land adjacent to the local airport and grow and irrigate various grasses and are constantly trying out thier products under "real life" conditions. They even go out and buy their competitors zero-turns and perform tests on them to compare test results.

A couple of surprises to me is that one, they make only zero-turns in Beatrice. About seventy percent go out the door with the Exmark label and the others go out with the Toro label! All walk-behinds are manufactured in Minnesota!

Any way. I retired with General Motors and am quite familar with assembly lines, product flow, and research and development. Exmark impressed me!