PDA

View Full Version : Toro 44" Proline WB

MAD87
08-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I went by my dealer today, and they have a 2004 Toro Pro-line 44" walk behind w/15 hp Kawasaki. It is brand new (it got "lost" in the warehouse for 3 years!) They are asking $2799...regularly $4199. It seems like a good deal to me. Do any of yall have experience with this mower? I was planning on waiting until spring to buy a w/b, but that deal seems too good to pass up. I appreciate you comments!

Lawnbiz Jeff
08-06-2008, 08:27 PM
I went by my dealer today, and they have a 2004 Toro Pro-line 44" walk behind w/15 hp Kawasaki. It is brand new (it got "lost" in the warehouse for 3 years!) They are asking $2799...regularly $4199. It seems like a good deal to me. Do any of yall have experience with this mower? I was planning on waiting until spring to buy a w/b, but that deal seems too good to pass up. I appreciate you comments!

If it's gear driven, I think it's way too expensive and you'll end up wishing it were hydro. I am replacing a couple of 44" gear driven Toro's now that are about 4 years old. In hindsight, I wish I would have gotten the hydro's since I more than made up for the difference in replacing and adjusting belts. Also if you ride a sulky and have a fairly heavy schedule, the transmission will start breaking down after a couple of years and you will start spending money there. The transmissions aren't designed to pull riders - even ones under a 200 lbs.

MAD87
08-06-2008, 08:31 PM
I weigh 220, so that might be an issue. It is belt driven.
It would not be my primary mower as my Z is adequate for most of my jobs. I would only use ito to mow cemeteries, and a few steep places on a few accounts. It probably wouldn't get used more than 60 or 70 hours a year. Thanks for your quick reply!

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Is it the T-Bar?

STIHL GUY
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
seems like a good deal to me