PDA

View Full Version : Rain...Finally!

MileHigh
08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Yes...It's downpouring as of right now in colorado....Its been the driest year on date since like 1933 or something like that...Flash flood warnings all over the place.

How's the weather treating the rest of you guys in other states/canada?

mybowtie
08-06-2008, 09:50 PM
You can have some of ours...Lots of rain here this yr...We had a dry yr 3 yrs ago..stoped mowing late june...didnt start back up till 1st week in Sept.
Glad your gettin wet................:usflag:

STIHL GUY
08-06-2008, 09:55 PM
rained a bunch this week

JosephLawnCare
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
nothin but dry, hot, humid and burnt grass here.

Icepuck72
08-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Dry as a freaking bone, but haven't lost any customers as of yet.

GravelyNut
08-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Urban flood warnings monday. More rain expected thursday. Thundering right now. Normal wet season here.

KrayzKajun
08-06-2008, 11:32 PM
LOL its rains everyday between 1-3pm. like clock work

thts southern Louisiana for ya!

Lawnut101
08-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Well it was good when we had 10 inches of rain in 2 weeks (in June), that really kept the grass growing for a few months. But now, the lawns are all dried up and we have a normal drought for this time of year. I've only mowed half of my lawns over the last 2 weeks. Just when I added more monthly payments too :rolleyes:. Oh well.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Well it was good when we had 10 inches of rain in 2 weeks (in June), that really kept the grass growing for a few months. But now, the lawns are all dried up and we have a normal drought for this time of year. I've only mowed half of my lawns over the last 2 weeks. Just when I added more monthly payments too :rolleyes:. Oh well.

Mostly the same here in So. Minnesota. Wet, wet June followed by real dry July into August. Lawns are half dormant. But, I am hoping we don't get flooded out again up here like we did last August (8 inches of rain/24 hours).

hockeypro1411
08-07-2008, 02:18 AM
we've been real lucky in central illinois this year. past few years have been considered droughts here. this year i don't have a single lawn showing signs of stress from lack of water. every week or so its rained a little bit, and these past few days its rained all day and night. we kept cutting on a routine schedule all the way through july and so far into august

TONTAGE
08-07-2008, 04:48 AM
rained a bunch this week

you got that right!!:)

Charles
08-07-2008, 02:31 PM
Scattered rain here every 3 weeks. One area may get it and the other not get any. Enough rain to get the grass growing in that area. Then that are dries up and the other area gets it:rolleyes: Very frustrating. So I usually have one area of lawns to cut. Temps are staying close to 100. Dew points above 60% and sometimes over 70%. The Hurricane center is still calling for an above average year for Hurricanes--85% chance of it being above average. Thats the only thing that will break this drought in large parts of the Southeast

BartonLawn
08-07-2008, 02:48 PM
This has been the wettest spring/summer I can remember here in central Missouri. The old boy who is our local Gravely dealer claims it's the wettest summer he remembers since 1951.

TONTAGE
08-07-2008, 03:42 PM
It's Comin Down Here In Connecticut Sideways!!!!!!

lawncare18
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
SO wet here to.. grass is growing so fast, Im loving it ..

TONTAGE
08-07-2008, 04:22 PM
SO wet here to.. grass is growing so fast, Im loving it ..

ME TOO.MAYBE LL GET THAT NE MOWER AFTERALL

ICT Bill
08-07-2008, 04:29 PM
The mid atlantic it has been like camelot, it only rains at night and almost every night
The issue is fungus, the fungal pressure here is through the roof especially with the highs in 90's with 80% humidity

Everyone is still cutting grass, that was not true last year. A lot of folks found other jobs after 2 years of drought

The trees are starting to show the 2 years of drought though

Lawnut101
08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Mostly the same here in So. Minnesota. Wet, wet June followed by real dry July into August. Lawns are half dormant. But, I am hoping we don't get flooded out again up here like we did last August (8 inches of rain/24 hours).

We actually just drove right by you yesterday. We were on our way back from South Dakota. I looked about the same there as it is here.

david shumaker
08-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Dry here too which is normal for August. Yards only need cutting every 3 weeks. Spring started out good, then it got dry early in July. I'm doing a few odd clipping jobs, etc., but not enough to depend on. I'm going to have to add other sidelines. Can't depend on just lawn work for a steady income. Was busy for 2 months and then it just drops off. I could make a living on just overgrown propery cleanup, but the people that have yards that need alot of work usually don't have the money to pay you.

TONTAGE
08-08-2008, 05:44 AM
After The Inch Or So Of Rain Yesterday,things Cleared Up For A Few Hours And Then Last Night Around 9ish It Poured Again For A While.gotta Love It.i Was Just Looking Around Outside At Everything And Said To Myself.............geez Its August And Everything Is Still Green. Including My Wallet!!:)

brandtb1
08-08-2008, 06:08 AM
The rain had been OK here until about three weeks ago. My personal yard was cut about a week ago, and it looks like it was cut yesterday. Somehow the weeds in the garden are getting enough rain to keep going strong. I hate these dust bowl conditions.

JohnnyRoyale
08-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Its been raining steady here since the spring. At least 3-4 times a week. Record breaking amounts. I havent turned my irrigation system at home on, and the grass is just as green as the guy across the streets who waters daily. Its been very frustrating-lots of window time between showers, many early days, because of thunderstorms, we have had to work every Saturday since April just to keep up-good thing I left a day open on each crew every cycle, otherwise we would be really *****.

cgaengineer
08-08-2008, 07:07 AM
The Hurricane center is still calling for an above average year for Hurricanes--85% chance of it being above average. Thats the only thing that will break this drought in large parts of the Southeast

Hell, that should be easy...I dont think we had a single tropical storm last year.

Charles
08-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Hell, that should be easy...I dont think we had a single tropical storm last year.

That average is estimated over many years lol. Ya they were wrong with their estimate last year:rolleyes: They say everything is in place right now for above average activity. Last year, what did develop, went to Mexico. Looks like the same pattern this year or they turn far to the North and out to sea

tlb9596
08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Can we have some rain, please???? We haven't had a good rain in a month!

lawncare18
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Just got an inch in an hour here... gona be working all day saturday.. anyone else working saturday to play catch up?? I know you canada guys have been getn good rains to. Ill send some down south.

TONTAGE
08-09-2008, 06:06 AM
We Got An Inch Of Rain In An Hour Too,then The Sun Came Out.ill Be Out Today Once Things Dry Up A Little.

quiet
08-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Can we have some rain, please???? We haven't had a good rain in a month!

Brutal here, too.
No significant rainfall since May 15.
44 days over 100

102 today. 100+ forecast all week.
No rain sight.