PDA

View Full Version : black moss/algae

yosoniamcool3
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
hi my pond keeps getting this black stuff in it and i just power wash it off but i am getting sick of cleaning it off i don't know what to do about it and how to stop it hear is some pic of it it makes it look so bad

yosoniamcool3
08-10-2008, 11:09 PM
so no one can help me :nono::confused:

XStream Aquatics
08-19-2008, 11:21 PM
One treatment we use is called Green Clean. Just turn off the falls and sprinkle the granule over the area and wait 20-30 mins. and rinse. Note: it will increase your ph alittle for a few hours but it will go back down on its own. Check your water quality to see if you might have some problems there first. Don't forget to clean filters after use. Yes I did say clean filters. There is alot of contreversy on cleaning your biofilters. We clean our contracted customers filters monthy. Just like the air filter in your car/house the can only hold so much then the water channels around the filters. Now the more plants you have the less waste will acumilate in your filters and not overfeeding the fish along with not having any dirt/debris washing in your pond also helps in the filters not becoming so dirty so fast.