PDA

View Full Version : Got a 440 series 3 !!

E.B
08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
We just got a 440 series 3 with ISO pilot controls, cab, a/c!! The cab is not sealed,but it's a way better cab than the old series, being we have a 440 old series i can compare...we've had this machine for 2 weeks now and theres a fair bit of dust in the cab already!! but i tell ya this machine is a beast with power!!!!!:weightlifter:

kreft
08-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Any pictures?

E.B
08-07-2008, 01:40 PM
this the only pic a have, sorry not very clear.. hope it works never uploaded pic before!

Nel-Martin
08-07-2008, 05:04 PM
doe's the old 440 have the same hp as the series 3 ? one nice lookin machine !!

Junior M
08-07-2008, 05:28 PM
holy crap! the bucket looks huge on that thing. i know what ksss's reply will be its a case it can handle it.

NateV
08-07-2008, 06:08 PM
holy crap! the bucket looks huge on that thing. i know what ksss's reply will be its a case it can handle it.

My guess would be he is only dealing with light materials. Im not sure it would handle a full bucket that size of dirt, i could be wrong tho.

The ISO pattern is the same as the other skids with pilots right?? Its not the H pattern is it?

Nice looking machine.

E.B
08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
The old one has the same horse power.. but the new one has more torque!!! i know the bucket is a bit big we traded a 465 in, for this one so it's the bucket off that one! it has the ISO pattern in other words cat controls!!

stuvecorp
08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
That's pretty!

ksss
08-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I am anxious to demo one myself.

Tell us what you think of the cab, Ergonomics, How well does the AC work, how do like the CASE pilots. What is the fuel consumtion like on this Series 3 machine.

02DURAMAX
08-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Very Nice!

ksss
08-08-2008, 02:44 AM
It looks like the European version with the turn signals and the rear marker lights. I was told that they have finally made the big buckets from the heavy lift machines compatable with the smaller machines like the 440. Is that true or did you have to burn holes to hook up to the 465 bucket. I will say that the noncommon buckets with CASE is a stupid thing. I hope they have finally changed.

E.B
08-08-2008, 08:28 AM
The cab on it is great...the door works way better then the old ones and way more glass. On ya and the side lighting was an awesome idea i think this will become standard on all makes over the years! the AC works very good.. you could freeze your ass off with that thing! the pilots are great in the driving part of it but the ride control button is a little unhandy!! We ordered it with a 2 speed button U don't have to hold all the time, that's a blast,( in most ways). I would say the fuel consumtion is no different then old ones!!

E.B
08-08-2008, 08:35 AM
That bucket is home made, being my brother has a laser cutter we made one to suit us!! but now that we traded off our 465, we should have a smaller bucket.. I don't really do a lot landscape work with this machine... mostly on the farm-- like cleaning cattle pens out and piling straw and hay bales!!!We also blow snow in the winter time!!(it has high flow) :weightlifter:

ksss
08-13-2008, 02:16 AM
That bucket is home made, being my brother has a laser cutter we made one to suit us!! but now that we traded off our 465, we should have a smaller bucket.. I don't really do a lot landscape work with this machine... mostly on the farm-- like cleaning cattle pens out and piling straw and hay bales!!!We also blow snow in the winter time!!(it has high flow) :weightlifter:

I ran a high flow 440 on a Quick Attach (Erskine) Blower 2400XL. That machine is the perfect snow blower. I was running at 9-9500 feet in Alt. taking 4' deep snow and blowing it over 40'. The machine would not even pull down. It was amazing. With the increase in torque with S-3 machines it would be even more impressive if that is possible.

E.B
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey Ksss do have any pictures of a snow blower like that, it would be interesting to have look at a snow blower that can blow 40 feet on skid steer.!.!. And by the way, the series 3 440 it has 38.7 GPM on the high flow compared to the old series 440 had only 32 GPM...

ksss
08-13-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey Ksss do have any pictures of a snow blower like that, it would be interesting to have look at a snow blower that can blow 40 feet on skid steer.!.!. And by the way, the series 3 440 it has 38.7 GPM on the high flow compared to the old series 440 had only 32 GPM...

http://www.quick-attach.com/attachments/quick_snow_away/index.cfm

This is the blower. You tell them the make and model and it is plug and play. The shute direction and angle are all controlled with the switches on your control handles. They advertise 40' distances in throwing snow. Thats not BS. It is an impressive blower. I had an Erskine 2400 on a 1840 and it was good but the 1840 with HF did not have power to throw snow like the 440 does.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-13-2008, 09:03 PM
That Is Sweet

E.B
08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanx Ksss!! Looks interesting! We have a meteor snow blower.. it works ok! we bought it brand new, as a PTO drive tractor mount blower,, then we stuck a hydraulic motor on it and bolted a skid steer quick tatch plate on!!! It has a 84" cutting width.

E.B
08-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Here a picture of Meteor snow blowers! I think we would have the size of the one,2nd from left! These blowers r nothing to brag about i would say!!!