PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRUCK (im 14)

tstutz
08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
hey everyone i am 14 years old and i have been mowing for about 8 years now. only been in the business for 2 years. i have about 7 weekly yards to mow as of now. i have been looking for a good truck and i found this one in the local paper. i am getting my farmers permit today. i cant wait to mow by myself. tell me what you think. its a 1992 gmc sonoma 1/2 ton 4x4 120,000 miles. i paid 2500 for her. COMMENTS WELCOME

TandM
08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
u can get a farmers permit in kansas??? lucky. that truck will be a great first truck just treat it right. and keep up on the maintenence

tstutz
08-07-2008, 01:49 PM
ya thanks man i got a new black plastic gmc tool box for it today. looks pretty sweet. ya you can get one in ks why?

TandM
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
they just stopped issueing them in georgia when I turned14 last year

KS_Grasscutter
08-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Where at in KS are ya?

tstutz
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
wamego area

butler1227
08-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Nice first truck. I never heard of a farmers license before?

KCfireman
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
wamego area
you piece of white trash!!!! its RESCUE 44!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

corey4671
08-07-2008, 02:50 PM
correct me if I'm wrong...but with a farmer's permit you are only allowed to drive to and from things that pertain to farming ONLY. Don't mean to sound like an @$$ here, and I' glad you have the intiative to work, but just don't get caught mowing lawns driving yourself around with a farm realted permit.

MnGreen
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
correct me if I'm wrong...but with a farmer's permit you are only allowed to drive to and from things that pertain to farming ONLY. Don't mean to sound like an @$$ here, and I' glad you have the intiative to work, but just don't get caught mowing lawns driving yourself around with a farm realted permit.

That use to be the issue in Mn back in the 70's I know to allow farm students to drive to school and return for chore/farm related obligations. Use of the permit was strictly defined use on the farm and related transportation needs.

Just don't get yourself in unneeded trouble and know your restrictions.

BartonLawn
08-07-2008, 04:04 PM
hey everyone i am 14 years old and i have been mowing for about 8 years now. only been in the business for 2 years. i have about 7 weekly yards to mow as of now. i have been looking for a good truck and i found this one in the local paper. i am getting my farmers permit today. i cant wait to mow by myself. tell me what you think. its a 1992 gmc sonoma 1/2 ton 4x4 120,000 miles. i paid 2500 for her. COMMENTS WELCOME

You started mowing when you were 6 years old? :confused:

BarrFarms
08-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Run farm tags... I bought my truck in 2005, and ran a farm tag on it ever since. It would hurt to have an ag related license plate on the front either. I got my hardship at 15, that will let you drive to work and school legally.

white1
08-07-2008, 05:55 PM
They arent bad trucks. Good mileage for a 92!! Had a 88 but was 2wd, had friends with the 4wd's. The front axle actuator has a tendency to go out on them occasionally. What engine does it have? The 4.3 is a Damn good engine, the 2.8 (thats what mine had) was decent. Better in its later years (wich a 92 would be)

Congrats, and as others said dont get yourself in trouble with that license. I keep trying to explain to my G/Fs daughter that driving now without her permit even though shes old enough isnt worth the consequences

markahurley
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM

this kid is amazing. mowing at six, driving at fourteen, pretty amazing. :hammerhead:

tstutz
08-07-2008, 06:02 PM
alright guys i just got back from the dmv after passing my test i asked a man about it and he said that if you are employed you may drive yourself the the destination to work for the employer. i consider mowing for and individual or company as being their employee. thanks for looking out for though. i take it positively!

tstutz
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
They arent bad trucks. Good mileage for a 92!! Had a 88 but was 2wd, had friends with the 4wd's. The front axle actuator has a tendency to go out on them occasionally. What engine does it have? The 4.3 is a Damn good engine, the 2.8 (thats what mine had) was decent. Better in its later years (wich a 92 would be)

Congrats, and as others said dont get yourself in trouble with that license. I keep trying to explain to my G/Fs daughter that driving now without her permit even though shes old enough isnt worth the consequences

thanks for the compliments and to answere your question it is a 4.3

tstutz
08-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Run farm tags... I bought my truck in 2005, and ran a farm tag on it ever since. It would hurt to have an ag related license plate on the front either. I got my hardship at 15, that will let you drive to work and school legally.

exactly. plan to put an eat beef licence plate on the front.

tstutz
08-07-2008, 06:07 PM

ya i ran an old lawnboy gold series. i was taught by my next door neighbor who is now about 54 years old. he is the reason i got interested in yard care. many people at school joke around saying im addicted to working. or some ask why do you think mowing is so fun? i dont really know why i enjoy it but after every mow i have the want to do it better.

MileHigh
08-07-2008, 06:12 PM
i dont really know why i enjoy it but after every mow i have the want to do it better.

Just give it some time and that will change.....wait,

YOU HAVE BEEN MOWING LONGER THAN ME!!

ALC-GregH
08-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Just give it some time and that will change.....wait,

YOU HAVE BEEN MOWING LONGER THAN ME!!

He's still young and full of energy. :D

I've mowed grass every year, one way or another I "had" to mow grass. It wasn't everyday but enough to know right from wrong. I'm 45 and I started mowing when I was 10. Does this mean I have 35 years experience mowing grass? I've always been a stickler for everything to look perfect from day one when I was a kid.

white1
08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
thanks for the compliments and to answere your question it is a 4.3

4.3 is a 350 missing 2 cylinders. Good engine for sure.

tstutz
08-07-2008, 06:35 PM
here are some more pics of my truck.

brandtb1
08-07-2008, 06:48 PM
The truck looks good and will work for a while. You have plenty of time to work in life, no need to get too busy working yet. I would cut enough to make some spending money and then worry about making money when you get a little older. Good luck with your cutting.

white1
08-07-2008, 07:01 PM
The truck looks good and will work for a while. You have plenty of time to work in life, no need to get too busy working yet. I would cut enough to make some spending money and then worry about making money when you get a little older. Good luck with your cutting.

Yea, girls start getting real expensive once they get to be about 16-17, and then never get cheaper!

corey4671
08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
alright guys i just got back from the dmv after passing my test i asked a man about it and he said that if you are employed you may drive yourself the the destination to work for the employer. i consider mowing for and individual or company as being their employee. thanks for looking out for though. i take it positively!

again, I'm trying to be helpful here and not a prick....but you are an independant contractor..not an employee. I'm just trying to pass along info to you that I wish people had passed along to me when I was your age. That whole farmer bit gets abused..I know..I grew up on a farm and still live in a very rural area. Trust me, when you hav a wreck and do serious damage to someone else's property or God forbid kill someone, that whole AW SHUCKS farmer bit ain't gonna help you in court...

MAD87
08-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't trust all of these 16 year olds driving around here, much less a 14 year old!:dizzy: I wouldn't have trusted my own driving at 14!

mybowtie
08-07-2008, 08:10 PM
It's great to see a youngster willing to work. My nephews are like a sack of rotten grass.......Always complaining about weedwacking...like it's soooo hard.

Good luck in life young man..sounds like your starting off in the rite direction.....:usflag:

mississippiturf
08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
When you get old enough to get interested in girls, find one who likes to weed-eat!!!! If she buys you a zero turn, marry her!!! Congrats on your truck. At 14, I was lucky to get a hand-me-down bicycle.

4curbappeal
08-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Good for you kid! Keep up the hard work!

tstutz
08-07-2008, 11:15 PM
When you get old enough to get interested in girls, find one who likes to weed-eat!!!! If she buys you a zero turn, marry her!!! Congrats on your truck. At 14, I was lucky to get a hand-me-down bicycle.

ya no joke. i cant find anyone my age that wants to work let alone take pride in the work put forth. also i had to buy the truck. all my stuff is paid off. im thinking of taking out a loan for a john deere z track. that is if i get more jobs. right now a push mower does me well.

STIHL GUY
08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
nice truck

mike lane lawn care
08-08-2008, 04:52 PM
not to burst your bubble, but that somona is a 1/4 ton truck, not a 1/2 ton, the k1500(sierra) is the 1/2 ton series. other than that, looks good, just don't get into trouble as a cop may not see you as being legally employed.

tstutz
08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
no your wrong on trying to correct me but thanks for being that interested in the truck.

punt66
08-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Your not insurable, you shouldnt be in the busines. But you have the right attitude for a good future.

KCfireman
08-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Your not insurable, you shouldnt be in the busines. But you have the right attitude for a good future.im not insured either and i've got about 44 accounts.

bobcat_ron
08-08-2008, 07:21 PM
this kid is amazing. mowing at six, driving at fourteen, pretty amazing. :hammerhead:

..........and headed for a major mid-life crisis at 18 when he realized there are better things to do than work, work, work.

KCfireman
08-08-2008, 07:23 PM
..........and headed for a major mid-life crisis at 18 when he realized there are better things to do than work, work, work.ahhh c'mon Ron dont bash the poor little kid. But he does live in JD country so you can bash him on that!:laugh:

DoetschOutdoor
08-08-2008, 07:37 PM
im not insured either and i've got about 44 accounts.

You have 44 accounts and you do not carry insurance? Your joking right?

punt66
08-08-2008, 07:47 PM
You have 44 accounts and you do not carry insurance? Your joking right?

I dont think these people understand what can happen. Oh well live and learn. Hopefully they dont mame or worse because who ever they hurt will have no recourse for the million dollars or more of medical bills caused by the uninsured.

KCfireman
08-08-2008, 07:57 PM
well....im covered by my parents health insurance at blue cross and blue shield. Plus the fire depts. healt care i recieve. Plus when i become a part timer at UPS to pay for my fire academy they also give me health insurace. So im really not to worried about getting hurt.

Ferdelance
08-08-2008, 08:14 PM
So im really not to worried about getting hurt.

The insurance is to protect you, if you injure or kill somebody by accident.

DoetschOutdoor
08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow, you've got more serious problems than getting physically hurt and any legitamite businessman would realize this. 44 accounts and no insurance...either your lying about that or you have good luck with no accidents but that will run out eventually. What is keeping you from being legit and doing it the right way? Anybody with 44 accounts wouldnt hardly notice that little insurance payment come out...Its one thing to work other jobs and mow but we wont get into that.

Petr51488
08-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, you've got more serious problems than getting physically hurt and any legitamite businessman would realize this. 44 accounts and no insurance...either your lying about that or you have good luck with no accidents but that will run out eventually. What is keeping you from being legit and doing it the right way? Anybody with 44 accounts wouldnt hardly notice that little insurance payment come out...Its one thing to work other jobs and mow but we wont get into that.

Yea, and the insurance isn't for you, its for other people that you might project a rock at, hit them in the eye, brake a window, etc

Petr51488
08-08-2008, 09:34 PM
no your wrong on trying to correct me but thanks for being that interested in the truck.

Yea, i'm pretty sure the sonoma is a 1/4 ton truck like Mike said.

KCfireman
08-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Wow, you've got more serious problems than getting physically hurt and any legitamite businessman would realize this. 44 accounts and no insurance...either your lying about that or you have good luck with no accidents but that will run out eventually. What is keeping you from being legit and doing it the right way? Anybody with 44 accounts wouldnt hardly notice that little insurance payment come out...Its one thing to work other jobs and mow but we wont get into that.I'm not lying. I just picked up 15 new accounts from my friend that's going to Boston University for hockey. I've been doing this for 7 years without an injury. Why? Because i take my time. I don't rush into things. I turn down accounts that i know propose hazards to me. For example: 2 weeks ago a man came up to me and asked if i could mow his lawn. His east side of the yard was extremely steep. I told him i couldn't because i had too many accounts already(I lied) Lets look at some of the potential hazards on this yard: Slide down it and turn the mower over and injure myself. Or i could slide down and hit a parked car at the base of the hill. I don't make stupid mistakes. Firefighting has taught me that skill. One mistake in a house fire could cost your life. I'm smarter than that.

KCfireman
08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Wow, you've got more serious problems than getting physically hurt and any legitamite businessman would realize this. 44 accounts and no insurance...either your lying about that or you have good luck with no accidents but that will run out eventually. What is keeping you from being legit and doing it the right way? Anybody with 44 accounts wouldnt hardly notice that little insurance payment come out...Its one thing to work other jobs and mow but we wont get into that.and the reason i dont want to be legit is because i dont have enough interest to make this a lifetime career. In about a year i hope to become a career firefighter and when you become a career FF your health benifits are even greater. And when i go to being a career FF ill drop over half of my accounts and probably stick around 23 or 25.

corey4671
08-08-2008, 11:00 PM
KC..I don't think you understand what the guys are trying to tell you. You need LIABILITY insurance. So that WHEN not IF..WHEN you have an off day and run over a rock, throw it through someone's windshield, they run off the road, hit a telephone pole. it falls on a house, house catches on fire, burns up three city blocks. The minute you become so overconfident that it will never happen to you BAM...the unexpected will happen. I guess you don't carry insurance on your personal vehicle because you are VERY careful when you drive. And by your own statements, why would you even have health insurance if you are so overly cautious in everything you do? These guys and myself are not trying to bash you dude. We are looking out for you so that you don't make some of the same mistakes we have had to learn from the hard way. Isn't that wat lawnsite is all about anyway? learning from one another? or is it to post pictures of our new mowers and trucks?

btw...that S10 ain't no half ton kid...sorry. I have an S10, have had a Z71 and now have a 3/4 ton. HUge difference in all three.

KCfireman
08-08-2008, 11:53 PM
KC..I don't think you understand what the guys are trying to tell you. You need LIABILITY insurance. So that WHEN not IF..WHEN you have an off day and run over a rock, throw it through someone's windshield, they run off the road, hit a telephone pole. it falls on a house, house catches on fire, burns up three city blocks. The minute you become so overconfident that it will never happen to you BAM...the unexpected will happen. I guess you don't carry insurance on your personal vehicle because you are VERY careful when you drive. And by your own statements, why would you even have health insurance if you are so overly cautious in everything you do? These guys and myself are not trying to bash you dude. We are looking out for you so that you don't make some of the same mistakes we have had to learn from the hard way. Isn't that wat lawnsite is all about anyway? learning from one another? or is it to post pictures of our new mowers and trucks?

btw...that S10 ain't no half ton kid...sorry. I have an S10, have had a Z71 and now have a 3/4 ton. HUge difference in all three.Trust me i fully understand. I've read post after post, thread after thread about guys not being insured and everybody on there not even giving the guy a chance to speak. I'm sorry guys but i just dont have enough interest in this industry to get insured. It wont happen. And if i break a window on a hosue or vehicle, so be it. My mother comes from an extremely wealthy family so honestly i dont think the money for repairing it would be an issue. Im not gonna make this an arguement.

KS_Grasscutter
08-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Ummm...what good is a farm permit doing you? You can drive TO, FROM and IN CONNECTION WITH any FARM RELATED work. And to/from school. Mowing lawns commercially is NOT FARM RELATED work.

Don't get me wrong, I used my farm permit to mow a little when I was 14, but not a whole lot. I could forsee you being in a whole mess of trouble if you got in a wreck, with a farm permit, while mowing. Your parents would be mighty pissed if they lost everything they got because you get in a wreck mowing commercially with a farm permit.

I guess you got commercial insurance on your truck since you use it as a business vehicle?

And your truck is a 1/4 ton, NOT a half ton. A half ton is the 89 K1500 that I just bought (need to make a post about that, have no clue why i bought a truck, it just kinda happened).

mike lane lawn care
08-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Yea, i'm pretty sure the sonoma is a 1/4 ton truck like Mike said.

i looked it up, and depending on configuration, it's either a 1/4 ton or 1/3 ton rated truck. but it is no shape or form a 1/2 ton truck. put a 1300 pound pallet of stone in that truck, and in a GMC 1500 and you'll see what i mean. but oh yea, a pallet won't fit in the bed of that truck. regardless, it's not a bad truck, i like it for what he does, but him thinking it's a 1/2 ton with 1/2 ton capabilities could get him into trouble.

punt66
08-09-2008, 12:27 AM
Trust me i fully understand. I've read post after post, thread after thread about guys not being insured and everybody on there not even giving the guy a chance to speak. I'm sorry guys but i just dont have enough interest in this industry to get insured. It wont happen. And if i break a window on a hosue or vehicle, so be it. My mother comes from an extremely wealthy family so honestly i dont think the money for repairing it would be an issue. Im not gonna make this an arguement.

SCARY! Fire Fighter?

KCfireman
08-09-2008, 01:18 AM
SCARY! Fire Fighter?????????????:confused:

corey4671
08-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Trust me i fully understand. I've read post after post, thread after thread about guys not being insured and everybody on there not even giving the guy a chance to speak. I'm sorry guys but i just dont have enough interest in this industry to get insured. It wont happen. And if i break a window on a hosue or vehicle, so be it. My mother comes from an extremely wealthy family so honestly i dont think the money for repairing it would be an issue. Im not gonna make this an arguement.

so does my wife, but I still carry $2 million in general liability. And it WILL happen. I'm sorry, but it's morons like you that give all of us a bad rap. I really do hope you are right and nothing will happen, but WHEN it does, and your victim finds out your mother comes from a wealthy family, I hope you have a good attorney.

punt66
08-09-2008, 09:17 AM
so does my wife, but I still carry $2 million in general liability. And it WILL happen. I'm sorry, but it's morons like you that give all of us a bad rap. I really do hope you are right and nothing will happen, but WHEN it does, and your victim finds out your mother comes from a wealthy family, I hope you have a good attorney.

Yea i dont think he understands what can happen. And the scary part is he is a fireman. A person people rely on to save lives and his judment isnt on par. Just so your aware, its easy to be at fault. If you were involved in a car accident pulling your mowers and you are deemed at fault and somebody was hurt. You are done! Your personal car insurance will not pay. You dont have business insurance on your vehicle and liability. So they will go after you personally and your so called wealthy family. You can say goodbye to all your future earnings and the judgement against you will attach your pay. Its easy to get involved in a mess no matter how carefull you are. Besides that and on a personal level, you owe it to the person you injure to make sure their medical bills are covered.

KCfireman
08-09-2008, 10:20 AM
so does my wife, but I still carry $2 million in general liability. And it WILL happen. I'm sorry, but it's morons like you that give all of us a bad rap. I really do hope you are right and nothing will happen, but WHEN it does, and your victim finds out your mother comes from a wealthy family, I hope you have a good attorney.It just so happens that the our neighbor two doors down our hosue is the County Attorney and i have mowed thier lawn many times and i went to school with their son and my sister always babysat their little son.

KTM
08-09-2008, 10:35 AM
KC, I think you have A rude awakening someday. Do you understand that they are talking about liability insurance not health insurance?

tstutz
08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
alright everyone. as we all know that just about everyone knows their local/city law enforcement. many of us are friends with most of them too. and with everyone bashing the farm permit, insurance thing, i have went and talked to local law enforcement, and notified them about the driving to mow, and they said they would not pull me over if i was working. but it would be a different story if i was just cruising up and down main street. the point im trying to make is that things are different in different places. your seat belt law might be a primary offence and mine might be a secondary offence. also, if you dont agree then let them know but do it in a senseful way.

tstutz
08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
also dont bash kcfireman99 for not wanting to make mowing his full time job. it might be yours and my passion but his is firefighting. you guys are so mad about the insurance thing you just look for a fault in him (not going to mow full time) knock it off

DoetschOutdoor
08-09-2008, 11:08 AM
If its not what he wants to do then for his actual job and not just be a scrub, then that is totally fine if you do it the correct way. I had ONLY 20 something accounts and my parents would hassle me everyday a few years ago to go pay the measly couple hundred bucks to be legit. DO YOU HAVE A BRAIN? LIKE 5 PEOPLE HAVE TOLD YOU THAT INSURANCE IS NOT FOR YOUR PHYSICAL HEALTH. ITS SO IF YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR MOWING RIG AROUND AND YOU CAUSE AN ACCIDENT. DO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR INSURANCE WILL REFUSE TO PAY ANYTHING IF THEY FIND OUT THAT YOU ARE PULLING A BUSINESS TRAILER WHEN YOU DO GET IN A WRECK (AND THEY WILL WILL WILL WILL PUT THAT ON THE ACCIDENT REPORT). Stop being a scrub that relies on this industry to get you by. Some of us have truck payments, mower payments, insurance payments, buying my gf a nice ring or two, and then all of the sudden its ok for you to do it halfass just because you work at the firehouse for a few hours. Complete BS and half the members on here probably havent seen this thread bc most dont take lightly to people without something as simple as liablity insurance, especially those that SAY they have 44 accounts.

punt66
08-09-2008, 12:24 PM
also dont bash kcfireman99 for not wanting to make mowing his full time job. it might be yours and my passion but his is firefighting. you guys are so mad about the insurance thing you just look for a fault in him (not going to mow full time) knock it off

He is doing 44 accounts without liability insurance. Thats fulltime. Also his future aspirations have nothing to do with what he is doing now. The person he injures isnt going to care if he wants to be a fulltime fire fighter in the future. Come on guys! It could be my daughter, wife, etc that you hurt. Why should i have to be the one to pay the bills? I would go after you, future wife, unborn child etc. You would never have anything because you didnt want to spend the $50 a month for liability. Its sad. It also tells me your not collecting sales tax or paying income tax.

DoetschOutdoor
08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Im still calling BS on 44 accounts and Im not trying to be mean or anything...that many yards is halfway decent income especially for an 18 year old so it just doesnt add up.

KCfireman
08-09-2008, 01:48 PM
He is doing 44 accounts without liability insurance. Thats fulltime. Also his future aspirations have nothing to do with what he is doing now. The person he injures isnt going to care if he wants to be a fulltime fire fighter in the future. Come on guys! It could be my daughter, wife, etc that you hurt. Why should i have to be the one to pay the bills? I would go after you, future wife, unborn child etc. You would never have anything because you didnt want to spend the $50 a month for liability. Its sad. It also tells me your not collecting sales tax or paying income tax............well, you live in CT and i live in KS so its not going to your wife and daughter trust me. I dont plan on taking this serouisly. I also dont plan on mowing lawns for the rest of my life....i dont want my future kids telling their classmates that "My dad mows lawns". I dont want that. END OF STORY. Im done with this sh!t.

DaveinSWFL
08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
...........well, you live in CT and i live in KS so its not going to your wife and daughter trust me. I dont plan on taking this serouisly. I also dont plan on mowing lawns for the rest of my life....i dont want my future kids telling their classmates that "My dad mows lawns". I dont want that. END OF STORY. Im done with this sh!t.

Maybe mowing lawns is degrading in your eyes but I can tell you this. I worked 6 years serving the public as a deputy sheriff and I am college educated and was active duty Army (5 years) Military Police. I have 2 children ages 5 & 7. They both attend private christian school (thanks to my career choice). I service the 18 acre school property and could care less what others think of my profession. I am off most weekends, all nights and holidays. My priority is my family. With the S.O. I work nights, weekends and holidays and my family (which I didn't see often) had to worry if I was coming home after my shift. I make more money in this profession, have more time with my family and way less stress. Good luck to you in fire service but don't think for a moment that it is going to be a walk in the park lifestyle.

KS_Grasscutter
08-09-2008, 02:20 PM
alright everyone. as we all know that just about everyone knows their local/city law enforcement. many of us are friends with most of them too. and with everyone bashing the farm permit, insurance thing, i have went and talked to local law enforcement, and notified them about the driving to mow, and they said they would not pull me over if i was working. but it would be a different story if i was just cruising up and down main street. the point im trying to make is that things are different in different places. your seat belt law might be a primary offence and mine might be a secondary offence. also, if you dont agree then let them know but do it in a senseful way.

Glad you notified them that you are breaking the law, so they can look out for you and pull you over.:laugh::laugh::dizzy::hammerhead:

...........well, you live in CT and i live in KS so its not going to your wife and daughter trust me. I dont plan on taking this serouisly. I also dont plan on mowing lawns for the rest of my life....i dont want my future kids telling their classmates that "My dad mows lawns". I dont want that. END OF STORY. Im done with this sh!t.

If mowing is so degrading why do you do it?

KCfireman
08-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Here's the deal GUYS. You're not gonna change my mind and position on this insurance bull sh!t. I've been doing this "under the table" for over 7 years. I wont even be wasting my time with this mowing sh!t for very much longer anyways. I'm only in this business for the money not for the passion.

Golden Boy
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
How depressing is it to see someone that just wants the money and doesn't have any pride in what he does. I respect anyone regardless of what he does when they take pride in their job, knowing what they do takes care of their family and puts food on the table.

punt66
08-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Here's the deal GUYS. You're not gonna change my mind and position on this insurance bull sh!t. I've been doing this "under the table" for over 7 years. I wont even be wasting my time with this mowing sh!t for very much longer anyways. I'm only in this business for the money not for the passion.

I honestly dont think your smart enough to mow lawns let alone be a fireman. But good luck with that. God bless the people relying on you to save their lives. Its sad.

tstutz
08-09-2008, 07:37 PM
wow low blow...it really hurts kcfiremen99 to be told whats up and what the law is by some guys on an online forum. also im sure all of you guys that dont live in the same city as me would know more about the law than the towns law enforcement...think about and shut up.:hammerhead:

corey4671
08-09-2008, 07:47 PM
It just so happens that the our neighbor two doors down our hosue is the County Attorney and i have mowed thier lawn many times and i went to school with their son and my sister always babysat their little son.

and I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express several times but I STILL carry general liability. :hammerhead:

DaveinSWFL
08-09-2008, 08:31 PM
The insurance thing is one choice but I feel the $835 per year for 1 mil/2mil coverage is priceless. In regards to KCFireman, most departments look for the following in a recruit. 1. Maturity 2. Responsibility 3. Accountiblity. These are just a few characteristics. By not feeling it is important to protect your customers against a mistake that you could cause, in my opinion shows immaturity, irresponsiblity and lack of accountability. If you were to seriously injure someone (ie. a rock thrown from the mower) how would you compensate them? So wheter you plan on taking this lawn stuff serious or not is not going to be of any interest to the injured party or their pack of lawyers.

mybowtie
08-09-2008, 08:41 PM
wow low blow...it really hurts kcfiremen99 to be told whats up and what the law is by some guys on an online forum. also im sure all of you guys that dont live in the same city as me would know more about the law than the towns law enforcement...think about and shut up.:hammerhead:

Maybe you should think about it....but at 14 you allready know everything....

It really HURTS all of us who do things the rite way like being insured, paying income tax, ect. Kc is a crook. He is stealing money from the legal lco's in his area. Seeing it's such degrading work, maybee he wont be upset if someone turns him in...........

Good luck young man.....sounds like your gonna need it...:hammerhead::hammerhead:

Daily Lawn/Landscape
08-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Some people just have to learn the HARD WAY!
Enough Said!

James

Classified
08-09-2008, 09:16 PM

So I got it now, your just some rich kid who is young and naive and your parents will buy you anything and buy you out of anything. nuff said there. good luck in life, i fear for the people you know and the people around you that don't know you. Think what you may, you figure it out someday, the hard way.......

KCfireman
08-09-2008, 09:42 PM
So I got it now, your just some rich kid who is young and naive and your parents will buy you anything and buy you out of anything. nuff said there. good luck in life, i fear for the people you know and the people around you that don't know you. Think what you may, you figure it out someday, the hard way....... My mom doesnt work. My dad drives UPS Feeder Trucks(tractor trailers)

KCfireman
08-09-2008, 09:45 PM
im done with this thread. I'll have charles shut it down.

TXNSLighting
08-09-2008, 09:51 PM
My gosh man you have got to have insurance. I dont care if your in it for a year. You really hve to protect your customers... Do you really not care about them? Cuz if you dont have insurance you dont care...Thats just smart business even if its lawn care. I got out because i hated mowing, but i still had insurance! Its to cheap to not have...

punt66
08-09-2008, 10:19 PM
im done with this thread. I'll have charles shut it down.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH you going to tell daddy?

bobcat_ron
08-09-2008, 10:20 PM

So this is what this thread is about?!?!

Classified
08-09-2008, 10:26 PM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAH you going to tell daddy?

thats my thought, hahaha

DaveinSWFL
08-09-2008, 10:44 PM
kcfireman, I have to be brutally honest with you. If you can't stomach it here on lawnsite, you are definitely not ready to be a firefighter. You are to immature. How are you gonna deal with the traumas that you will face on the job. Kids killed in traffic accidents, suicides and other brutual incidents that occur every day. As a recruit/rookie firefighter you will be judged by your peers by your actions. If you are stressed from this thread you haven't seen nothing yet.

kreft
08-09-2008, 11:40 PM
Just another day on lawnsite.....

Hey, Kuntucky chicken firefighter- If you hate Lawn Care SO MUCH, Why are you on a online forum devoted to LAWN CARE (and bashing people)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

corey4671
08-10-2008, 12:00 AM

Listen KID. What I told you about the farm permit thing...FINE. If your local police say they'll turn a blind eye to it, more power to you. What I referred to and apparrantly neither you nor kcfiremarshallbill can figure out is that if you INURE someone OTHER THAN YOURSELF...you are going to be S O L! And it PISSES ME OFF to think it could very well be some other DIP$H!T like YOU TWO around here where I live that has the same mentality that you two have...OH IT WON"T HAPPEN TO ME...that will injure ME, MY WIFE, OR MY CHILD!! When you with your farmer's permit get into an accident while hauling your mower around, cause someone to lose their life, the victim's family is not going to say THANK GOD he had his farmer's permit! NO...you and your parent's nad anyone else that even LOOKS like they are related to you are going to get your @$$ sued into the next millenium!! And I don't give a flying rat's @$$ if your freakin uncle is Donald Trump or Bill Gates...you will be up $h!t creek without a paddle.

We have TRIED to tell you, not because we want to BASH you and irritate you but because we have a genuine concern for YOU and probably more importantly the people around you...the complete stranger that you may hit with a rock with your string trimmer. However, you with all your 14 years of infinite wisdom nad fire marshall bill however old he is are FAR more intellegent than the rest of dumb@$$ yard boys! Some people just HAVE to learn things the hard way!:hammerhead: DAMMIT now I'm p!$$ed off and my blood pressure is up!

mike lane lawn care
08-10-2008, 01:09 AM
ya know, i don't like the whole, my mommy's family is rich so i can do whatever. to me that's saying you don't care about your family, and that you expect them to come a running when you do something stupid and use their hard earned money to bail you out of trouble. nor do i like the excuse of being a fire fighter, i am one in my town, as the whole company is comprised of volunteers, so i take that as an insult to all firefighters.

KS_Grasscutter
08-10-2008, 01:36 AM
Wow, I just feel ashamed to live in the same state as these two dumbasses.

Petr51488
08-10-2008, 01:59 AM

Sorry, but your an idiot. The point IS NOT whether or not he wants to make this his full time job or not. I doubt anyone here would give a rats behind as to whether or not he wants to do this forever. THe point IS to carry liability insurance. Sh!t happens, thats what insurance is for. To not pay taxes is one thing, but have the brains to carry some insurance. You'll be sorry when something happens, cuz you know what? sh!it happens to everyone sooner or later.

Charles
08-10-2008, 08:08 AM
This thread has gone downhill and off topic.

corey4671
08-10-2008, 10:10 AM
This thread has gone downhill and off topic.

no Charles. Actually it hasn't. Kid comes on here saying his going to run a mowing business driving around with a FARMER'S HARDSHIP license. What he is doing is in NO WAY related to farming! He was advised not to persue this as he and his family could get into deep doodoo if he has an accident.

Then along comes KCFireMarshallBill explaining to us how big of a moron he is. Most al the responses pleaded with him to not continue to operate with AT LEAST getting liability insurance.

Is it or ISN'T it the purpose of lawnsite for members to learn from one another? We have tried to gently instruct these two young guys in the proper way to go, yet they are way too smart to listen to us. I would think that you, as a moderater would tell these young uns the same things we've been trying to tell them.

Charles
08-10-2008, 10:17 AM
no Charles. Actually it hasn't. Kid comes on here saying his going to run a mowing business driving around with a FARMER'S HARDSHIP license. What he is doing is in NO WAY related to farming! He was advised not to persue this as he and his family could get into deep doodoo if he has an accident.

Then along comes KCFireMarshallBill explaining to us how big of a moron he is. Most al the responses pleaded with him to not continue to operate with AT LEAST getting liability insurance.

Is it or ISN'T it the purpose of lawnsite for members to learn from one another? We have tried to gently instruct these two young guys in the proper way to go, yet they are way too smart to listen to us. I would think that you, as a moderater would tell these young uns the same things we've been trying to tell them.

Well, unless they can't read at all. The point has been made. No need to run it into the ground and beat members up. We don't need the name calling/insult slinging either

mybowtie
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Sounds like someone didnt want to hear the truth and complained to the post police:rolleyes:.

It may be a little off topic from the original post, But I dont think a seperate thread "kc99 needs Ins" would go over too well..

It Looks like theses two have stoped responding to the thread anyway..No one is going to change these kids minds..I hope nothing bad happens to them or anyone else while doing there "job", but that will be the only way they will learn...:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

corey4671
08-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, unless they can't read at all. The point has been made. No need to run it into the ground and beat members up. We don't need the name calling/insult slinging either

maybe we all need to just go to Kansas City and hold their hands, make smores and sing koombuyah.

tstutz
08-10-2008, 11:00 AM
My gosh man you have got to have insurance. I dont care if your in it for a year. You really hve to protect your customers... Do you really not care about them? Cuz if you dont have insurance you dont care...Thats just smart business even if its lawn care. I got out because i hated mowing, but i still had insurance! Its to cheap to not have...

haha thats what i was thinking. i dont think i spoke a single word including anything to do with insurance or laws. lol. hey i went to ur webpage NICE WORK!!!

Sean Adams
08-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Some people may say "young and dumb"....others may look at it as "youthful exuberance"....

Yes, this forum is designed for people in this industry to communicate, share with one another, and hopefully, learn from one another. That being said, Charles is right on this one - the discussion has been had, points have been made, advice has been given.

Regardless of whether or not anyone agrees or not with what has been suggested, it still requires this forum to operate a certain way. Name calling and insults have always seemed to me as a sign of giving up on making your case - kinda like a shortcut.

The greatest philosophers that have been capable of changing the way people think throughout history did not resort to calling their challengers of thought "idiots" or "morons" - they kept hammering home their theories and points with eloquence and carefully thought out evidence to support their point. It is challenging to do this, but it will always sway the masses in the end.

I am not going to remove this thread but I am going to close it.