PDA

View Full Version : Stihl FS250R Bogging Down

Suds
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Well I finally made a decision today and bought the Stihl FS250 over the Shin and JD trimmers I was considering. I have not had it home an hour yet and already it is bogging down and even quitting. I am only doing some very lite trimming around my house, sidewalk and some edging along my driveway to just try it out. Nothing over 3 or 4 inches tall and not dense.

I just spent $500, less than an hour ago, on this machine and it's giving me problems already. I think I am going to take it back first thing in the morning and exchange it or get a refund. I am very surprised that this is happening with a high end Stihl piece or equipment.

However, when it does run correctly it just rips the s### out of everything...I like that!

freshprince94
08-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Wow...that's like the baddest trimmer out there. Kinda ironic it bogged down. But good luck.

capetrees
08-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Sometimes brand new out of the box they still need to be adjusted at the shop before they are released to you. I bought a Stihl product last year and the mechanic was out to luch. Took it home and it did the same thing you say. Took it back the next day and it needed some carburator adjustments. Don't mess with it. Let the store adjust so you don't void a warranty. If I remember, mine idled ok and high end was ok but mid range it bogged. If you need to get something done, try the choke lever a portion of the way up. Sometimes helps after hours to get a job done for me till it gets to the shop. :drinkup:

Suds
08-07-2008, 07:42 PM
After I posted I called the salesman who sold it to me and he asked that I bring it right back today if I could. So I did. The salseman took it back in the shop and a tech made an adjustment I was told. Got it home, fired it right up and it ran like a champ for about 45 minutes. I cut some really tall thick stuff in a drainage ditch and this machine absolutely destroyed everything without a hint of slowing down. The power of this machine is scary.