PDA

View Full Version : Popped out the glass in my T-190

SiteSolutions
08-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Never mind how it happened.:rolleyes:

How do I get that !@#$%$#&$& glass back in the %&*%$%#^* door!!!!????

Nel-Martin
08-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Never mind how it happened.:rolleyes:

How do I get that !@#$%$#&$& glass back in the %&*%$%#^* door!!!!????

that's what i said when it happened to me !!:laugh::laugh::laugh: them thing's are a pain to put in

Junior M
08-07-2008, 06:29 PM
well since i have no freaking clue how to put it in. i am going to ask how it happened?

bobcat_ron
08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
There's a trick with lubing up garden string with Vaseline and using it to fold back the window seal as you pull it through.

Construct'O
08-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Might take it to a body shop and see how they do it the first time.

I have replaced a few in the dozer cab.Got a couple different tools to use from the dealer.Then lubed it up with dawn dishsoap and put the seal in first then started putting in the glass.

Started with the corner and took my time and was real patient:) thats the key!!!!!!!!!!Then changed over to other tool to interlock the seals edge.That locked the outside in place to hold the glass in.

Good luck:usflag:

YellowDogSVC
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
took two of us two hours! You have to get the seal around the glass then seat it in the frame and then use a butter knife or carefully use a flat head screw driver and slowly work in the seal to the frame. Sucks.

ksss
08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
I seem to have a hard time with the same thing during snow removal. A big chunk of snow falls off the back of the bucket and against the window. Never had to push it all back in usually just the bottom. Its even more fun doing it in freezing weather and at night.

SiteSolutions
08-10-2008, 11:44 PM
This place and you guys are a life-saver. I had been putting this adventure off for a couple days and finally came back to it tonight as I will be harley raking in the next day or two and don't want to do that with no glass.

Did a Google search and found a post on this site from May...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2331261

This thread has a link to very good directions with pics and everything. I managed to complete the task in under an hour.

Having this tool really helps...:)

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?search=true&item_ID=12812&PartNo=A177A&group_id=1793&supersede=&store=snapon-store&tool=all

SiteSolutions
08-10-2008, 11:50 PM
And now that I have a happy ending I will admit this was self-inflicted... I was laying sod and wanted to move the machine with pallet, which of course can be done with traction lock override... only the pallet was setting on the ground, so I thought I would lower the seat bar, hit the green button, and then raise the pallet slightly so I could move it... of course you can't operate the loader arms with the door open, so you either have to get in and shut the door or disable the safety device... I guess you can figure out which one i did.

I am lucky the glass didn't break and that the door frame was only slightly warped.

Geez. The [messes] I get into by trying to save thirty seconds of effort.:hammerhead:

Nelson M Martin
08-11-2008, 09:37 AM
took two of us two hours! You have to get the seal around the glass then seat it in the frame and then use a butter knife or carefully use a flat head screw driver and slowly work in the seal to the frame. Sucks.

i had to install a new window in the door of my T300 once.
looked to be a challenge at first, but it was like 15min job with two guys
We put the inside seal into place first(making sure the rubber was fitted proberly into door frame).Then opened the outside seal all the way around.
With a little care we installed the glass into the rubber groove (from the outside). From there it was a matter of a little time and patience to get the seal back into place with the help of a small screw driver and windex for lube.Not too bad a job after all:laugh:

bobcat_ron
08-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I'm glad my front window is glued in place.

Nelson M Martin
08-11-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm glad my front window is glued in place.

yes u might be until the day comes that u break the window accidently:cool2:

bobcat_ron
08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
yes u might be until the day comes that u break the window accidently:cool2:

I've yet to break a lexan front window, even an 80 pound brick from the bucket as I loaded a truck hasn't shattered a window yet.

Gravel Rat
08-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Glued windows are not that bad they are easier to deal with than rubber gasket mount. It is easier to pick up the phone and call a glass installer and have them do it. If they do automotive windshields they can pretty well do any window.

I watched the window installers do a side window in a excavator it was done quick alot faster than us trying it.

bobcat_ron
08-11-2008, 09:36 PM
And there really is no point in having the front window in a gasket for emergency escapes, chances are, if you need to get out of the front, the loader is in the way, so the rear exit windows are still better.

I remember pondering that thought when I was the tender age of 14 in my Dad's 930A Mustang skid steer, nose down, in a pile of mud, with the loader raised a little up, and it was blocking my exit, I thought, "well this would really suck donkey balls if I had a door in front of me, let's pop the rear window instead".

Mike Fronczak
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM
If it makes you feel better, I did the same thing (bent frame). I was being lazy I window was iced up, & I had to load salt. Still haven't put glass in (I've tried), I just printed the directions. I also had to replace the latch as my old one was different than the new frame (holes didn't match. They now have a sensor on the latch to tell you the door is open??? it is in front of you face, if you can't tell you must be a complete idiot, a sensor won't help that.

SiteSolutions
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
They now have a sensor on the latch to tell you the door is open??? it is in front of you face, if you can't tell you must be a complete idiot, a sensor won't help that.

Well said :laugh:

Nel-Martin
08-12-2008, 05:51 PM
They now have a sensor on the latch to tell you the door is open??? it is in front of you face, if you can't tell you must be a complete idiot, a sensor won't help that.

this sensor is there in case you accidentally lift the boom with out knowing you have the door open enough to catch the boom when you lift because if you happen to do so you might be screwed depending on how good you bend the crap out of the door . this sensor is not there JUST to tell you the door is open !:dizzy::dizzy::hammerhead::hammerhead:

SiteSolutions
08-12-2008, 10:34 PM
It is pretty aggravating to have that door pop open slightly and jam up your loader arms when you are trying to maintain focus. The door has to be open, not just ajar, in order to catch the loader arms et al. If you can't notice a door wide freakin open then maybe a diff line of work is in order.

ksss
08-12-2008, 11:55 PM
It is pretty aggravating to have that door pop open slightly and jam up your loader arms when you are trying to maintain focus. The door has to be open, not just ajar, in order to catch the loader arms et al. If you can't notice a door wide freakin open then maybe a diff line of work is in order.

I had my door open accidently this Spring, it was not shut tight, my bad. The safety switch which deactivates the loader controls was not fast enough. Glass did not shatter amazingly, but the hinges were totally bent. Must be a tough year for the hinge part as it has been on back order since.

dozerman21
08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
I had my door open accidently this Spring, it was not shut tight, my bad. The safety switch which deactivates the loader controls was not fast enough. Glass did not shatter amazingly, but the hinges were totally bent. Must be a tough year for the hinge part as it has been on back order since.

Stories like yours and Site Sol. are perfect examples of why every MFG. should go to an overhead door. They are so much nicer and you can open the door while you work if you need to. Often times I have to have my arms proped up some when transporting if I have rocks or something, and it sucked with my Bobcat. I only could raise them a foot or so before the door would hit. I know a guy who got his CTL stuck against a foundation with his bucket in the air while trying to pull a trowel machine out of the basement. He couldn't open the door. Luckily he had his phone with him and he was able to call someone to pull him out. He would have had a hard time getting out the back window since he's and bigger guy and the machine was tilted so far forward.:dizzy:

SiteSolutions
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I would like an overhead door, like the big excavators use... I think it is harder for them to get a good seal, though. The ones I have used (JD, Takeuchi) rattled loudly and didn't seem to keep anything out around the edges.

Geez, if we can put a man on the moon, you would think someone could make an overhead door that seals up good...