PDA

View Full Version : LESCO 52 inch hydro, worth it?

RLLServicesCT
08-07-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey, I just went to my local Lesco and they are getting rid of their stock so this 2007 lesco 52 inch hydro 19hp V-twin electric start is only $4300 bucks, Is it worth it for a dying breed of mowers. I can still easily get parts for like the engine, but let me know what you think. I have a 36 inch lesco belt driven and I love it. I just don't know what to do. Thanks. They also have a 60inch rider for $5600 I think 25hp v twin.

hackitdown
08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
They are also blowing out the Great Dane standers in my local Lesco. I think they are about $4500. I'd demo a stander before you bought a hydro WB.

Patriot Services
08-07-2008, 05:42 PM
That's not a bad price. I'm not sure what you mean by "dying breed". The fact is most mowers use off the shelf parts from third party companies. Engines, clutches, hydro pumps and motors are made by other companies. The only real difference among brands is deck design and controls. Factory support is what sets one apart from another.If Lesco or any other brand went under today you would still be able to get parts for a long time.:usflag:

Cashio13
08-08-2008, 12:03 AM
They are also blowing out the Great Dane standers in my local Lesco. I think they are about $4500. I'd demo a stander before you bought a hydro WB.

im with hackit...i don't know if your Lesco dealer is doing the same but i would definitely go for the stander if its only a couple hundred more. Saves time, money, and space on the trailer for other equipment or just downsizing. Just make sure you do your research.

DSLND
08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I have participated in the Lesco clearence around here.

I got a small WB.

13hp Kawi
32" Deck
3.3 CU. FT. Catcher

The mower itself w/o the catcher or tax was listed at $2k.

All that, plus tax for $2395.00

Honestly, besides my truck, its the best investment I have ever made, and the machine has paid for itself.

-Mitch-

Rhett
08-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Don't know if they have improved the 52 inch deck or not since my last one, a 2001 model or not. After two seasons the deck was shall we say flexible. You could push down on the handles and watch the deck flex. Cut was awful. Picked up a 48 in deck and swapped problem solved. I would hold off on a 4300 dollar lesco. Look around at other brands untill fall when the big discounts happen. That is if you still want the lesco. Fro a couple hundred more could buy a 48 toro ztr 23 kohler locally.

J&R Landscaping
08-09-2008, 09:22 PM
The rider is a decent machine at a good price. The price on that hydro wb seems kinda high.