PDA

View Full Version : Bad Blades

philmdamien
08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Got a couple sets of express mower parts blades for my toro ZTR last week. Used them for a couple of days and took them off to sharpen them and couldn't believe my eyes. They had all kinds of nicks and gouges in them. Where they weren't nicked they they were all wavy (bent). It looked like I'd been mowing rocks. I bought the mower from a friend last year and it came with a bunch of blades so I don't know what brand they are but after a whole season they were in better shape than those new ones were after 15 hours. Where do you guys buy blades?

Genlandscape
08-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Orgon cutting systems makes gator mulchers, high grade steel almost hard to sharpen. We use oem blades from Greenline/Rotary Products. They are about 20-30% percent less than dealer, and the shipping its't bad. Learned the hard way not to buy cheap blades. I'd call them for a refund.

punt66
08-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Orgon cutting systems makes gator mulchers, high grade steel almost hard to sharpen. We use oem blades from Greenline/Rotary Products. They are about 20-30% percent less than dealer, and the shipping its't bad. Learned the hard way not to buy cheap blades. I'd call them for a refund.

I only use oragon mulchers. I get them from russo's power equipment on ebay. I used ferris blades previously and they were always getting torn up. After a couple sharpenings they were wasted. Oregon's seem harder and much stronger.

lawns Etc
08-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I have ordered several dozen blades from Express with no problems