PDA

View Full Version : hiring someone?

mikey
01-21-2002, 11:28 PM
hi
when i have t hire someone how do i go by doing hte screening process.Im starting out this spring solo but i just wanna know fo rfuture ref. i would wanna hire someone whom i can ask questions ans HE can answer...what do i have to ask and look for
also if were both drivin in the same truck and i mow the lawn
what is he gonna do?edge?

scagman
01-22-2002, 01:51 AM
You mow

He trims, edges and blows

Aaron Klemme
01-24-2002, 02:13 AM
There is no question....

If he is with you in a truck, with no doubt in my mind, he will be busy the whole time you are mowing. You have him p/u trash, walk the yard for objects, trim, edge, and blow. And if he's good you will not be waiting more than a minute or so for him to finish on a regular basis.
Goodluck

ohiolawnguy
01-24-2002, 08:59 AM
Just my opinion, but I feel that the new guy should learn to mow first. most of our customers dont hire us to simply mow the grass, but rather hire us for the detail work trimming, edging, spraying, walks drives and beds etc. any tom, dick, or harry can mow the grass.

It is my firm belief that a new person wil learn how and where to do the trimming better if they understand where the mower can and can't reach. I rarely see a new person just pick up a weedeater and be certain of getting every spot.

Also, if you use a non-slective herbicide, do you really want the new guy spraying?

Each person/company has their own way of doing things, but I just feel that on a maintenance crew a new person should learn the ins and outs of running a mower before they learn anything else.

Aaron Klemme
01-25-2002, 06:46 PM
I do definatly agree with you ohioguy, what you stated about what job to place the new guy in is completely correct. Some services vary in size and services but I definatly agree that letting him mow first makes him much better at trimmming.

AARON