PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Tommy!

TXNSLighting
08-07-2008, 09:10 PM
And to the others who have given me great advice over the PM's. I want to say i took your advice (Tommy) and projected that confidence. What do you know, My last 3 consultations all sold!! and all 30+ fixtures! :cool2: ( which is a big deal to me) Thank you again Tommy. I completely stopped mentioning a "per light price" and sold it as a design. I Sold myself also, Telling them i am the best lighting designer around. "Your not going to get a better lighting system anywhere else" and so on.

But did i mention Thanks Tommy? You have truly inspired me, and it has helped so much.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Congratulations on the sales Ryan...

Enjoy the ride!!

klkanders
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
What is this? The acadamy awards ceremony or something? :)

Good job Ryan! Send me a plane ticket and I will help you install them!

Keith

The Lighting Geek
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Good job! You did all the work and sold it. We just pointed you in the right direction:)

TXNSLighting
08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Congratulations on the sales Ryan...

Enjoy the ride!!

I definately will!! I just hope it doesnt stop!!

TXNSLighting
08-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Good job! You did all the work and sold it. We just pointed you in the right direction:)

And i thank you so much for your wisdom! Im truly excited about everything now. 1 job made me so happy, now i got 3!!

Chris J
08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
You can bet your bottom dollar it will stop. Then it will start again, then it will stop again. The lighting business is a roller-coaster ride. Just remember to put some money back for the slow weeks. I've had months where I thought I was on a path to exceed Donald Trump's wealth; too busy to even keep up. Then it slows for a week or two (just long enough to make me paranoid) and then back to the hustle and hurry.

JoeyD
08-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Great Job Ryan and my beer is up to you Geek Man!

David Gretzmier
08-07-2008, 11:23 PM
great job and thanks to all folks, james and others, who encourage others to get a way from per fixture pricing and sell as a system and be a lighting designer.

KrayzKajun
08-07-2008, 11:33 PM
Congrats Ryan!!!

Mark B
08-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Congrats on the new jobs.

My lighting is a roller coaster as well. I just looked at a victims home today as well. I might just tell i'm the CLO and then I will have no problems getting the work. LOL.

Lite4
08-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Victims huh, Wow... I consider my clients to have won the lottery when they discover me. I know you are just using a metaphor so don't get down on me brother.

TXNSLighting
08-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Definately what Tim said, They hit the Jack pot with me! :laugh:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-08-2008, 07:58 PM
This whole "victims" crap is ridiculous and I wish you would stop.

This is a public forum you understand...

Have some respect for those who provide you with the ability to earn a living.

Chris J
08-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Yet another shout out to Mr. Solecki. We are trying our best to guide him, yet he takes it personal. Such a shame.