PDA

View Full Version : Ksss......truck pics

RockSet N' Grade
08-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Hey Ksss, been holding my breath for pics of your new bull-dog......Want to borrow QPS's camera? Fire off some shots of that bad boy so we can see it before you fix it up too much.....

Scag48
08-08-2008, 12:40 AM
For real, I'm still questioning the fact that you actually bought the thing, Mr. Moneybags. Prove it!

Hell, if I don't go to work in the next few days, I'll come down there with some professional photo gear and take the photos for you...and then charge you some coin to do so. Did I mention I need a job?

ksss
08-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Here is the truck in Idaho.

Scag48
08-08-2008, 01:34 AM
Looks good, but it ain't no KW. haha

Jason'sLawnCare
08-08-2008, 01:46 AM
You think you can haul some grass with that thing? :laugh:

02DURAMAX
08-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Nice Truck!!!!!!

Gravel Rat
08-08-2008, 04:54 AM
The truck is nice and clean even the box doesn't have any dents in the side.

The one thing to check with the aluminum wheels is for cracks and bead wear two common problems. The cracks are from hauling heavy loads with not properly torqued lug nuts and you get bead wear from rim pull the tires spin on the rim from the torque.

Next thing would be adding a set of easy flow Donaldson mufflers for extra power and getting a chrome visor with some more shiny stuff like chome bezels for the lights.

http://4statetrucks.com/index.aspx

ksss
08-08-2008, 10:05 AM

Next thing would be adding a set of easy flow Donaldson mufflers for extra power and getting a chrome visor with some more shiny stuff like chome bezels for the lights.

I don't plan on entering it in the next "PIMP YOUR MACK" contest. Other than getting the cab painted its got all the Bling its going to get.

Junior M
08-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't plan on entering it in the next "PIMP YOUR MACK" contest. Other than getting the cab painted its got all the Bling its going to get.
ahhhhhh come on. you got to add some chrome and your name to it. you know spiff it up so people talk about your truck just not that gray mack that passed them.

Guzman Properties
08-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Nice rig!!!

ksss
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
ahhhhhh come on. you got to add some chrome and your name to it. you know spiff it up so people talk about your truck just not that gray mack that passed them.

Yea its going to get decaled. Not a big chrome on my dump truck kinda guy.

I appreciate the compliments on the truck.

Junior M
08-08-2008, 01:01 PM
it is a nice truck.

why did you go with that type of dump body?

bobcat_ron
08-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Now you need to do a modification to the MACK Bull dog, take it off it's perch, drill out the eyes, and put some flashing red LED's in there and hook it up to the head light switch, another trick I saw was the winsheild washer pump was hooked up to the bull dog's......ummmmm, "private area?"........anyways, it'll squirt.........really far!

RockSet N' Grade
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
She looks like a keeper.......hey, I have some nekid-chick-mud-flaps that I would like to send ya.....Mustang Ranch specials. How bout a hoola-doll on the dash? Nice looking rig Ksss, you have conquered actual and perceived value at a reasonable price.

coopers
08-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Very nice looking KSSS!! I like the shades of grey....Now it would look really good towing a nice new JD 160CLC or 160D!! :)

Construct'O
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Are those Montana bugs or Idaho potato bugs:)Good luck with your new rig !:usflag:

ksss
08-08-2008, 09:37 PM
it is a nice truck.

why did you go with that type of dump body?

So I can haul Demo material and large rocks without having the load get stuck in the tailgate.

ksss
08-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Are those Montana bugs or Idaho potato bugs:)Good luck with your new rig !:usflag:

Actually they are little pieces of the many Outlaw bikers that clogged the Montana Interstate last weekend. I put it to the floor and did not back out of it till I hit the Idaho line:weightlifter:

lifetree
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I want one !!

Junior M
08-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Actually they are little pieces of the many Outlaw bikers that clogged the Montana Interstate last weekend. I put it to the floor and did not back out of it till I hit the Idaho line:weightlifter:
man you should have atleast picked up the bike and scrapped it after you ran them over! hahah they were probably coming or goin to sturgis for bike week up there.. had a few friends go up there..

dozerman21
08-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Nice lookin' rig! Think how much better it would look if it was hauling a shiny new CX160B.:weightlifter: I like the black and white photo. Good luck with it.

stuvecorp
08-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Looks good, bet you are loving that tailgate and easy loading with the skids.

You gotta put Rock's chica mud flaps and a little more chrome/stainless is always okay.

JDSKIDSTEER
08-09-2008, 06:15 AM

The one thing to check with the aluminum wheels is for cracks and bead wear two common problems. The cracks are from hauling heavy loads with not properly torqued lug nuts and you get bead wear from rim pull the tires spin on the rim from the torque.

Don't forget the fuzzy dice.

Gravel Rat
08-09-2008, 01:15 PM
You add a few things to the truck adds things that makes people remember you for the next job.

If the cab gets repainted a lighter metalic grey it would make a difference.

ksss
08-09-2008, 05:52 PM
You add a few things to the truck adds things that makes people remember you for the next job.

If the cab gets repainted a lighter metalic grey it would make a difference.

I am getting quotes on the light grey cab. I should have just had the guy paint the cab. He wanted another 1K. I had traded a truck painting place for some work. Well I go to collect on my trade and he is out of business.:cry:

I sold my tag and bought a low boy. I'll have to get another Mack to pull the CX160B. I sure wish Tim would hurry with that interest free loan.:drinkup:

bobcatuser
08-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Thatís a clean looking truck. Do you have company colors for any equipment or just leave stock?

Junior M
08-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I am getting quotes on the light grey cab. I should have just had the guy paint the cab. He wanted another 1K. I had traded a truck painting place for some work. Well I go to collect on my trade and he is out of business.:cry:

I sold my tag and bought a low boy. I'll have to get another Mack to pull the CX160B. I sure wish Tim would hurry with that interest free loan.:drinkup:
why did you sell your tag? and why did you buy a lowboy?

RockSet N' Grade
08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
So now we have a nice dump rig to talk about. I would have the truck you have Ksss, the bed is set up just right for me and the truck itself is quite nice.........here is my question ( since I am on the fence on this one ): Could a hook-lift be set up on a truck like this with that type of bed and interchangable beds (ie flat bed and or boxes) and would its capabilities/capacities be of equal value?

Gravel Rat
08-10-2008, 03:52 AM
Never fails go get your return on the trade the person disapears from the planet :laugh:

Even if you can get it painted Mack silver looks good its a metalic paint. One of the contractors has a Mack Granite with that colour and blue pin stripe it looks good.

Trucks are easy to paint its just masking off the parts that need to be covered. If the current paint is in good shape and you don't need body work its easy to scuff and clean then spray.

ksss
08-13-2008, 02:25 AM
why did you sell your tag? and why did you buy a lowboy?

I could never quite get used to having all that excavator up so high in the air. I held my breath going under power lines. Even though I knew I was legal it still bothered me. I just did not like it. I bought a cheap lowboy and will add a tractor later on. I plan on buying a new side dump trailer so I will wait until I can afford a good tractor that I can do both with. That certainly wont be this year.

White trucks used to be my "company colors" with my logo on the side. I have gotten away from that. My 06 3500 is blue/grey and that kinda started the deviation. My Pete was white with some red, the IH dump truck is red with some white. The Mack is blue grey. So basicly I have no company colors. Although I believe that it is important to be consistant and having the same colors looks better, it just is not that practical sometimes.

Gravel Rat
08-13-2008, 03:21 AM
What about buying a tandem dolly for the lowbed it would be a cheap way of pulling the lowbed for now and pull it behind the Mack. That combination really wouldn't be any different than pulling a B train or a A train.