PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Maintenance Questions

born2farm
08-07-2008, 10:57 PM
OK. Next year we want to try to implement some yearly maintenance contracts on our higher end accounts. Has any body had good luck with this?

I also would like to know what all you include in your price besides just mowing, mulching and plowing. i have a pretty hefty list so i need to cut some of it out. just trying to get ideas from what others are doing.

Thanks

1wezil
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
bump bump bump

freshprince94
08-08-2008, 12:15 AM
I service my properties year round, no contract yet but I am going to start having them sign one. Weekly cutting in the Summer, Bi-weekly in the Winter. We only cut when the snow isn't covering the lawn, that's a big problem down here:laugh:

freshprince94
08-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Oh and BTW your sig is funny, I work for a company called Curb Appeal part time as well.

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Almost all my clients are monthly.I dont use contracts unless their com.What I do is say 40 a cut or 130 a month.It sounds cheaper untill the grass stops growing.Then you get to blow and go.If their not going to pay,they wont with a contract.It will help in small claims but even then you probly wont get paid.Broke is broke and an ass is an ass and no court can fix that.If the threat of court is going to get them to pay then a letter informing them that your att. will be filing for a lean should work without the court.

born2farm
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Oh and BTW your sig is funny, I work for a company called Curb Appeal part time as well.

ya same here. i am basically incharge of most of the work in the field and he takes care of the buisness end. next year i will be leading a crew then the year after he is selling the buisness to me. I will operate under his company name just because it is well established.

skennedy04
08-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I service my properties year round, no contract yet but I am going to start having them sign one. Weekly cutting in the Summer, Bi-weekly in the Winter. We only cut when the snow isn't covering the lawn, that's a big problem down here:laugh:

I HATE IT WHEN IT SNOWS DOWN HERE:laugh::laugh:

Green Up
08-08-2008, 10:14 AM
First, I would try to find out what they want you to do. Some customers already know what they want. As for large contracts, ask them for a specifcation sheet. Most large businesses have made some form of spec. sheet out. READ IT CLOSELY? You can get your self in very deep with the small print. I have learned that you can sell a 12 month contract easier than a smaller one. It is all about figures. Estimating the time that you will spend on the job and calculating the amount may be your biggest step. Crawl before you run!!!