PDA

View Full Version : Good books anyone can recommend reading?

stevaside711
08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I was wanting to know if anyone can recommend a good book or two to read about starting/operating a lawn care service.

Has anyone ever ordered any of these e-books/ cds online (High Grass To Cold Cash,etc.) I'm kinda skeptical. I bought some Starting A Lawn Service CD-Rom on ebay & got ripped off. It was only a PDF file a couple pages long with very little advice that I already knew + a list of a couple websites they recommended visting.

MileHigh
08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
I think every book that you would have to "BUY" would be a rip off from somebody exploiting the lawn industry with there BS tactics.

You will find people writing these books write many books, and are trying to make some money.

The best knowledge out there is to actually go out there and to do it yourself, behind that close somewhere is this site....a boatload of info here.

justanotherlawnguy
08-07-2008, 11:28 PM
you don't need a book to start a lawn biz, its not rocket science.

with a little effort you will be up and running in no time..just get out bid and do it......

Cashio13
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
i have a great book... http://www.lawnsite.com

Beautiful Lawn Care
08-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello Im new to the business also. I found a book at Barnes and Noble. Its by Entrepreneur Magazine Startup "Start Your Own Lawn Care Or Landscapeing Business.
This book gave my alot of useful info. Good luck in your new business.

Darnell
Beautiful Lawn Care