PDA

View Full Version : CAT 248B High flow Problem

AMCAT
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Bought Cat 248B 2600 hrs can't seem to turn on the High Flow if i put the switch on the switch won't even light up any suggests on what i could try ??

Junior M
08-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Bought Cat 248B 2600 hrs can't seem to turn on the High Flow if i put the switch on the switch won't even light up any suggests on what i could try ??
well i am goin to be a smartass to aggravate bobcat ron and say sell it you shouldnt have bought a cat in the first place! hahah but actually it sounds like a wiring problem maybe something with the wiring harness. does the high flow work when you turn it on? i am guess it doesnt but the way it is written kinda sounds like the light just doesnt come on.

ksss
08-08-2008, 01:09 PM
It sounds like maybe a fuse/relay problem if the light wont come on.

AMCAT
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
well i am goin to be a smartass to aggravate bobcat ron and say sell it you shouldnt have bought a cat in the first place! hahah but actually it sounds like a wiring problem maybe something with the wiring harness. does the high flow work when you turn it on? i am guess it doesnt but the way it is written kinda sounds like the light just doesnt come on.

No the High flow does not turn on at all

AMCAT
08-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Picture of 248B

ianh
08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Does your machine also have low flow; if so, check for a sticky micro switch on the low flow circuit.

bobcat_ron
08-08-2008, 01:45 PM
I'd start looking through the fuse panel.

AMCAT
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Does your machine also have low flow; if so, check for a sticky micro switch on the low flow circuit.

Yes it does have the low flow where do i find the Switch you are talking about ????

bobcat_ron
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Yes it does have the low flow where do i find the Switch you are talking about ????

Standard flow is always on the right pilot control, either the roller or 2 buttons.

ianh
08-08-2008, 06:24 PM

Look for a little push button with a small metal arm (often broken off) next to the low flow coupling... it gets depressed when you push the coupling on. YMMV but usually high flow is the default position with that switch needed to activate low flow; that is in addition to selecting the correct position, and flow direction, in the cab. Good luck!