PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Stonehenge

RockSet N' Grade
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Google redneck stonehenge......I'd post a link, but that's a little above my skill set on the putor.........Local Utah farmer was getting complaints from the neighbors in a new subdivision, so he built a "unique" fence facing the subdivision.........its hitting the news from coast to coast......In fact, people are donating more fence pieces to do the fence around his entire farm....he is getting donations and his phone is ringing off the hook.......

JohnnyRoyale
08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3929956&autostart=y

RockSet N' Grade
08-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks JR.......I get subdivision loose dogs come runnin' through my place and savaging my livestock, so I "dispatch" them, call the Sheriff's and they take the now quiet animal back to the owners, and if they did not have the proper license - they also give them a $150 fine for their now deceased fido. We have been to court on several occasions and have had favorable judgements with the owners paying our vet bills and reimbursing us for all associated costs. Even got written permission from the local police chief that we have on hand in a file to protect our rights as owners of livestock and agricultural land.

mag360
08-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks JR.......I get subdivision loose dogs come runnin' through my place and savaging my livestock, so I "dispatch" them, call the Sheriff's and they take the now quiet animal back to the owners, and if they did not have the proper license - they also give them a $150 fine for their now deceased fido. We have been to court on several occasions and have had favorable judgements with the owners paying our vet bills and reimbursing us for all associated costs. Even got written permission from the local police chief that we have on hand in a file to protect our rights as owners of livestock and agricultural land.

I think I'd have to go the paintball route one or twice for the dog's benefit. It's not his fault his owners didn't keep him in the yard.

RockSet N' Grade
08-08-2008, 04:57 PM
KLC......tried that method, then again, going out and picking up my dead livestock is not my favorite thing to do or pay vet bills for my livestock because someone doesn't take care of their animal. I only dispatch when they are savaging my stock, if there is another option - I choose that. We keep a list and phone numbers of lost pets that we have returned time after time after time. Don't get me wrong, I love all creatures....I just don't like to be on the receiving end of a dog that's tasted blood and is snarling/hackles up on my place.

JohnnyRoyale
08-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I think I'd have to go the paintball route one or twice for the dog's benefit. It's not his fault his owners didn't keep him in the yard.

Then whose fault is it? I'm with Rock on this one.

Scag48
08-08-2008, 05:56 PM
The stonehenge is too funny, gotta give that guy a high five.

mag360
08-09-2008, 01:09 AM
KLC......tried that method, then again, going out and picking up my dead livestock is not my favorite thing to do or pay vet bills for my livestock because someone doesn't take care of their animal. I only dispatch when they are savaging my stock, if there is another option - I choose that. We keep a list and phone numbers of lost pets that we have returned time after time after time. Don't get me wrong, I love all creatures....I just don't like to be on the receiving end of a dog that's tasted blood and is snarling/hackles up on my place.

I'm with you 100% then.