PDA

View Full Version : Why Hasn't Gas Gone Down??

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Barrel price is down 20%. So why on earth is UT (among other places) still over $4/gallon? I found a station in Missouri selling @ $3.42!! Pretty sad that I'm jealous of gas that costs three and a half bucks... This is horrible...

http://www.utahgasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

LawnTamer
08-08-2008, 04:47 PM
We're obviously being punished for not buying solar powered scooters like Al Gore, ....Oh wait, that's right, he drives big SUVs and flies in a private jet. Never mind.

JB1
08-08-2008, 04:53 PM
it still all goes back to the meaning of being "HOSED"

Genlandscape
08-08-2008, 05:33 PM
May have something to do with state and county taxes, our fuel has gone down some, we are @3.78 right now. But I'm not sure why it is still so high. Some analysts say that the decreases won't come until the fuel refined at the higher barrel prices has been used. I can't understand this reasoning because fuel prices don't fluctuate as quickly as crude oil prices do, and we have'nt seen fluctuation in other petro products like 2cycle mix and motor oil. Oil products have increased in price but not by 2-300% like diesel and gasoline. I wish they would just give it to us straight, and stop putting alchohol in our gasoline.

Puddle of Oil
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
it means ur states using gas more then other states. ohio dropped from 4.10 to 3.69 in about a month cuz we r driving less, im not, but everyone else is, lol.

hackitdown
08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
We're at about $3.80 here. I bet gas will come down a little more, but not much, regardless of the price of crude.

I'm not looking forward to heating my house this winter. 1200 gallons of heating oil is going to suck the life out of me.

mattfromNY
08-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Just dropped to $4.18 here.

lzrj
08-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Here, the cheapest gas is between $3.32 and 3.38. Missouri has a mandated 10% ethonol blend which causes it to be a little cheaper. It has always been cheaper here than the most of the country because our cost of living/wages are lower. I wont be satisfied until I see at least $2.50.

mattfromNY
08-08-2008, 06:41 PM
We havent seen $3.32 gas in almost two years I was looking through one of my old snowplowing journals from winter of 2006-2007, I had scribbled in 'Filled up tank, gas at $3.27, OUCH'.... If I'd only known...

Woody82986
08-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Gas is around 3.55 here in Lewisville. I paid 3.54 yesterday.

saw man
08-08-2008, 08:10 PM
$4.30 sumpin here

ed2150
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Was paying between 3.90 and 3.95 about 3 weeks ago, bought it today at Exxon for 3.49

TNT LawnCare Inc.
08-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Were down to 3.65 a gallon.

lifetree
08-08-2008, 10:40 PM
In Chattanooga, gas has gone down about $ .25 this week ... to about $ 3.58 per gallon !!

Cashio13
08-08-2008, 10:43 PM
We're at about $3.80 here. I bet gas will come down a little more, but not much, regardless of the price of crude.

I'm not looking forward to heating my house this winter. 1200 gallons of heating oil is going to suck the life out of me.

haha do what my ma says...if me or my sister tell her we are cold, she replies with "put on a sweatshirt." if we are still cold..."Put on another one" haha gotta love gas prices.

ambersLawnmowing
08-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Good Ol' Wisconsin is at $3.70 for premium.... thats all i buy.. How do mowers run on the E85? $3.10 E-85??????? LOL..

PROCUT1
08-08-2008, 10:47 PM
The oil companies have us right where they want us.

Happy that gas is UNDER $4.00 a gallon.

And to think a couple years ago we all went nuts when it hit $2

capetrees
08-08-2008, 10:49 PM
$4.06 here until after labor day.

Cashio13
08-08-2008, 11:27 PM
$4.06 here until after labor day.

where you at in mass? im on the north shore and im around $3.65-$3.73

J&R Landscaping
08-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Gas and diesel prices have been comming down around here. Regular is down to $3.72. Diesel @ $4.49. I know I have been going over my routes and been tightening them as much as possible. I hate it because I enjoy going for pointless drives but have stopped doing it for now.

doubleedge
08-09-2008, 12:41 AM
The oil companies have us right where they want us.

Happy that gas is UNDER $4.00 a gallon.

And to think a couple years ago we all went nuts when it hit $2

Why do people automatically blame the oil companies for high gas prices? They have an 8% profit after taxes and expenses. I know if your business had an 8% profit, you would quit mowing lawns.

If we allowed oil companies to drill in ANWR and off the coast, we would have a much larger supply of oil. That would drive prices down dramatically. Do you realize that exxon and the other big privately owned oil companies are dwarfed by the ones controlled by some countries? The corporate ones make up something like less than 10%.

You have it all wrong, it is congress that has us right where they want us (or at least the democrats that are controlling it). Congress wants to be in control, and have a large government that we all need to rely on. They want to force Americans to become like the rest of the world. They can't accept the fact that our economy needs oil, just like we need food and water. They think that it is unfair that we "keep our houses at 72 degrees, and drive our SUV's."

The US is one of the only countries that don't use all of their natural resources to gain wealth, and promote the economy. Why is this? People say that it is dangerous to the environment to drill. I think there have been 2oil spills in the last 40 or so years. And after both occasions, extensive cleaning was done to minimize the impact on the environment. Do you think china, who has plans to start drilling off the coast of cuba would be that careful?

Quick recap: IT IS NOT THE OIL COMPANIES' FAULT!

pinto n mwr
08-09-2008, 12:48 AM
hmm... oil prices fell another $4 per barrell but my gas rose .20 cents per gallon today.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Why do people automatically blame the oil companies for high gas prices? They have an 8% profit after taxes and expenses. I know if your business had an 8% profit, you would quit mowing lawns.

While I'm not disagreeing with you, that number is EXACTLY the concern. 8% of $1.39 is $0.11. 8% of $4.30 is $0.34. Thus, they're profiting TRIPLE what they were before the prices began escalating. Percentage may be the same, but the profits are MUCH, MUCH greater.

And that's okay. In the words of Austin Powers, "Yea capitalism!" But don't pretend they're not a bunch of greedy bastards.

You have it all wrong, it is congress that has us right where they want us (or at least the democrats that are controlling it).

I don't think they're that smart. I just think they're a bunch of incompetent nincompoops who can't accomplish a friggin' thing beyond getting themselves elected...

doubleedge
08-09-2008, 01:30 AM
I don't think they're that smart. I just think they're a bunch of incompetent nincompoops who can't accomplish a friggin' thing beyond getting themselves elected...

They know exactly what they are doing. Most (or all) recent polls say that the American people want us to allow oil companies to drill off the coast. What are they waiting for? Bush already lifted the executive ban (which was immediately followed by a quite large decrease in oil prices). I think the ban on off shore drilling is going to expire in a few months. You will see their true colors then.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-09-2008, 01:56 AM
...What are they waiting for?

They (the democrats) are waiting for a way to squeeze every concession possible out of the Republicans and the country before consenting. They are hedging their bets to come through the election on top...

Phil G
08-09-2008, 02:38 AM
You could always fill-up here in sunny England. Price has dropped, we're now only paying only $8.30 a gallon. You soon learn to feather-foot the gas pedal.
Oh, such joy our governments give us when we elect them to do the will of the people. :dizzy:
atb Phil

topsites
08-09-2008, 02:48 AM
it still all goes back to the meaning of being "HOSED"

Looking at the length of these fuel-price threads it appears we are in a dire minority concerning a true appreciation
and understanding of this very concept, now I am not sure how folks survive without it although I vaguely recall
much frustration in my own past, that is, before I became enlightened, or as you say, "hosed."

ulbhunter
08-09-2008, 02:52 AM
PhilG,

I have always heard the Line " be happy that your not in Europe because gas is $$$$ per liter". As I understand it the vast difference in prices between the US and Europe is not the cost of the petrol but the tax that the respective governments affix to the fuel. Here in Oklahoma the tax comes out to around $.33 per gallon. What is the tax on an equal amout of fuel where you are located? I have read somewhere that many European countries are assessing taxes in the range of $5.00 per gallon. If this is accurate, the actual cost for the fuel is rather close but you are being taxed at a much higher rate than myself.

topsites
08-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Think of it this way...

All those speculators who invested money not long ago 'betting' that fuel would keep rising, which helped drive the price up even more, just wonder how they might be feeling right about now.

Honestly, for their sake I would love to see it drop right down to 99 cents in like the next week lol, unfortunately too many companies who purchase petrol in large quantities out of true necessity would... Yup, get "hosed." That, and one shouldn't be wishing ill upon others.

So I suppose one can hope these speculators panic a bit and sell off, which might lower the price even further.

shade tree landscaping
08-09-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't want to be the one to deliver the bad news, but the fall in gas prices is only tempory, once the olympics are over the price is gonna go back up. As crazy as that sounds, I would bet money on that. You see China has pulled over 2 million cars off the roads, and closed thousands of factories in an effort to clean the air in Bejing, which appently has horribe smog. China is the second most consumer of oil next to us. My wallet hopes I'm wrong, however I wouldnt be shocked if you see crude oil jump once all those factories and cars in China get back up an running

mikekinney
08-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Why you ask Well how ABOUT Geo Bush, Dick Cheney and the Rest of the Crooks.

lawnwizards
08-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Why you ask Well how ABOUT Geo Bush, Dick Cheney and the Rest of the Crooks.

someone needs english lessons. wtf are you trying to say?

ALC-GregH
08-09-2008, 10:01 AM

two words, pellet stove. :D

Even at a price of $4 a bag, it will be cheaper to heat your home. My stove burns a little less then a bag a day with it cranked. $120 a month isn't bad. I spent $300 all winter on heating oil.

jtkplc
08-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Regular was $4.29 about a month ago before the prices starting dropping. Now it's been as low as $3.67 and as high as $3.89. Diesel is slow to come down but in Battle Creek it's $4.15 but here in Jackson it's still $4.59 is the lowest I can find.

mikekinney
08-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok let me Speak English and Repeat How About Geo Bush and Dick Cheney those Crooks that Should be In Jail Hows that like the Rest of the Crooks!! Now is that better and I did without Spell Check did you.wtf

WH401
08-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Gas only gone down about 10 cents in the past 3 weeks around here. Diesel has shot down 40 cents. Guess everyone one that traded in there diesel for a gas job just gave us "still diesel drivers" cheaper, less demanded fuel.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Ok let me Speak English and Repeat How About Geo Bush and Dick Cheney those Crooks that Should be In Jail Hows that like the Rest of the Crooks!! Now is that better and I did without Spell Check did you.wtf

I think it's the punctuation that was throwing him off.

Here's a better version:

Ok, let me speak English and repeat: How about George Bush and Dick Cheney? Those crooks should be In jail! How's that like the rest of the crooks? Now, is that better? (And I did without spell check... did you?) wtf

That being adjusted, I find it amusing and fitting that the guy who can't form a coherent sentence is the assumed liberal on here. That's both FUNNY AND APPROPRIATE.

mikekinney
08-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Thats Because You Spend Your Time Fuc-------king People While I Work For The People.

delphied
08-09-2008, 12:45 PM
We're obviously being punished for not buying solar powered scooters like Al Gore, ....Oh wait, that's right, he drives big SUVs and flies in a private jet. Never mind.

Gore hasnt been in office for 8 years and even then he was mostly a quiet VP. Guess he has to to take the blame for whats gone on since Bush, Cheney, and Rummy have abused their power.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Gore hasnt been in office for 8 years and even then he was mostly a quiet VP. Guess he has to to take the blame for whats gone on since Bush, Cheney, and Rummy have abused their power.

LawnTamer's point was: hypocrisy. Has nothing to do with anyone but Al Gore. He's a complete charlatan. Talks out of his a$$ while failing to accomplish ANYTHING productive.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Thats Because You Spend Your Time Fuc-------king People While I Work For The People.

That's so sweet!

lawnwizards
08-09-2008, 01:37 PM

what has george bush or dick cheney done to warrant jail time? are you some super sleuth that has dirt on them that no one else does? please share your information with the rest of us and please throw your name in the hat for president. we need someone like you in office thats so darn smart.

freshprince94
08-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Gas is as low as 3.69 here! Hooray!!!

Lmao I actually think that's a good deal

mikekinney
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Falsifying Intelligence to Go to War Cia Reports and thats just the Begining.

mikekinney
08-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Manipulation of Intelligence, Hows That

WH401
08-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I can't wait to see all the stuff ,that is currently hid from public knowledge, that will be revealed to the country about the Bush Administration when he is out of office.

doubleedge
08-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Falsifying Intelligence to Go to War Cia Reports and thats just the Begining.

Are you not from the US or what? Did you go to school?

Anyways, what would you have done if someone attacked our country? Ill give you 2 options so you dont have to strain yourself by trying to write a sentence. PLEASE ANSWER (A) OR (B).

(A) Attack a central hub of of the terrorist organization that attacked us.
(B) Send them a strongly worded letter.

PROCUT1
08-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Are you not from the US or what? Did you go to school?

Anyways, what would you have done if someone attacked our country? Ill give you 2 options so you dont have to strain yourself by trying to write a sentence. PLEASE ANSWER (A) OR (B).

(A) Attack a central hub of of the terrorist organization that attacked us.
(B) Send them a strongly worded letter.

OR

(C) Attack a completely different country that had nothing to do with it to distract the American public while they are being fleeced by the corporations.

Phil G
08-09-2008, 06:45 PM
PhilG,

I have always heard the Line " be happy that your not in Europe because gas is $$$$ per liter". As I understand it the vast difference in prices between the US and Europe is not the cost of the petrol but the tax that the respective governments affix to the fuel. Here in Oklahoma the tax comes out to around $.33 per gallon. What is the tax on an equal amout of fuel where you are located? I have read somewhere that many European countries are assessing taxes in the range of $5.00 per gallon. If this is accurate, the actual cost for the fuel is rather close but you are being taxed at a much higher rate than myself.

In all my years I've never known a government that wants to do so little for it's people. Every way we turn they screw us for more and more tax. Fuel tax is running at 70%. Our road fund licence is annually £185, about $350. On SUV's and larger cars the road fund licence is about $750. They try and convince us we should all cycle to work, they really are a bunch of fools:hammerhead:
atb Phil

doubleedge
08-09-2008, 06:51 PM
OR

(C) Attack a completely different country that had nothing to do with it to distract the American public while they are being fleeced by the corporations.

So you dont think attacking the terrorists in iraq did anything? You realise that they were one of the biggest terrorist organizations in the world, right? Also, im not sure if you noticed, but the attack was successful. There have been 0 terrorest attacks since we attacked iraq.

topsites
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
I don't want to be the one to deliver the bad news, but the fall in gas prices is only temporary ...

Yeah I wouldn't be breaking out the 'weekend road trip' stuff just yet either,
best way to deal with it is enjoy it while it lasts but keep fuel consumption as low as possible.

Because watch out, I have a suspicion it's all part of the "hosing" plan.

tlb9596
08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Yeah I wouldn't be breaking out the 'weekend road trip' stuff just yet either,
best way to deal with it is enjoy it while it lasts but keep fuel consumption as low as possible.

Because watch out, I have a suspicion it's all part of the "hosing" plan.

If you can afford to break out the weekend road trip gear, do so! Staying off the road is EXACTLY what liberals and democrats want for the American people. Check out this New York Slimes story from this past June where a liberal journalist gloats over reduced consumption by Americans:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/19/business/19gas.html

The liberals think they won, but you know what? They haven't defeated THIS conservative! I've been driving a 20' long crew cab 4x4 11mpg truck and loving it. Well, I just bought a second truck. It's a 25' long dually with the 8.1L gas engine.

Screw you, libs! :waving:

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-09-2008, 07:54 PM
OR

Are you serious? What were they trying to distract us from? And what the hell do you mean, "being fleeced by the corporations"? And what could you POSSIBLY have against eliminating Saddam Hussein? You're woefully ignorant.

delphied
08-09-2008, 11:46 PM
LawnTamer's point was: hypocrisy. Has nothing to do with anyone but Al Gore. He's a complete charlatan. Talks out of his a$$ while failing to accomplish ANYTHING productive.

Oh I see. Well, I guess he coulda used Bush for that example as well then.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Oh I see. Well, I guess he coulda used Bush for that example as well then.

While I don't necessarily agree, in all fairness, I can see that perspective. Still though, Bush has kept us from being attacked, and the stock market looks a lot better now than it did 9/12/01... Considering the sheisty hand he was dealt, he's done as well as anybody else could have.

topsites
08-10-2008, 04:34 AM
The liberals think they won, but you know what? They haven't defeated THIS conservative! I've been driving a 20' long crew cab 4x4 11mpg truck and loving it. Well, I just bought a second truck. It's a 25' long dually with the 8.1L gas engine.

I don't call that conservative but then I suppose this was left with the intention of getting a rise out of someone.

Chop Stuff Up
08-10-2008, 08:03 AM
3.53 cash price this morning at lukoil

TONTAGE
08-10-2008, 08:05 AM
3.53?? Wow,thats Nice.paid 3.89 Yesterday For Regular In Connecticut

Chop Stuff Up
08-10-2008, 08:21 AM
yea I couldn't believe it, we have a few stations now that take 5-6 cents off for cash which can be pretty nice when you use so much. Still saw several this morning in the 3.65-3.79 range though.

TONTAGE
08-10-2008, 08:27 AM
we have 2 stations on 1 street almost across the street from one another,and one of them is always 1 cent cheaper. lol

amdx64
08-10-2008, 09:39 AM
check this video out it explains alot http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&hl=en

*newusflag*

mikekinney
08-10-2008, 11:50 AM
That was Great!

Seen it Happening before it has.

PROCUT1
08-10-2008, 04:35 PM
This is great....All these years later after the facts have come out and people are still brainwashed. 9-11 + Iraq.....

The government cant keep millions of mexicans from coming into the country and you actually think they are the reason we havent been attacked again? We havent been attacked because they havent done it. Not for anything we did. The only thing we did was de-stabilize the middle east and helped Osama recruit by the thousands.

1cooltreeguy
08-10-2008, 04:57 PM
Just think about it...every day that the oil companies keep the prices at the pump the same while the barrel of oil is falling like a rock---they are smashing every profit record there will ever be. Seriously - watch Quarter 3 2008 profit reports. It is gonna make everyone sick..

mississippiturf
08-10-2008, 05:36 PM
$3.40 in central Mississippi today. Yippee!!!!!

Chop Stuff Up
08-11-2008, 07:42 AM
see they definitely have us all brainwashed. we think $3.40 is cheap now. $2.75 would be a dream.

Lawn-Sharks
08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
$3.79 a gallon

JShe8918
08-11-2008, 11:44 AM
A month ago gas was 3.99 and diesel was 4.99 and yesterday gas was 3.79 and diesel was 4.25. Maybe diesel will be cheaper on day. That is only 20 cents for gas and a whole 74 cents for diesel. The oldern days are coming.

mattfromNY
08-11-2008, 12:01 PM
We dropped to $4.09 over the weekend.

SproulsLawnCare
08-11-2008, 12:52 PM
I still say we need to sell our corn to certain foreign persons for $140 a bushel, and watch the oil prices drop! when they get hungry enough, they will!

Genlandscape
08-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Good one, maybe that will ease our fears of ethanol in our small engines too. Hell of a film, wonder who put the squeeze on google to remove it. Someone mentioned earlier that Bush was handed a bad hand?!? If the american Gov. hadn't ignored Bin Laden's warning of direct attacks, we would still have one of the great icons of this country (WTC 1 & 2). You'd figure after he blew up two US embassies on foreign soil, that he would get here eventually.