PDA

View Full Version : Weed control

evergreenmike
08-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Besides picking weeds need something to put down on a stone driveway and walk to keep weeds away,anything other then roundup how often should i do it want to stay ahead of the weeds

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-08-2008, 08:34 PM
whats the problem with round up?

Turfrific
08-08-2008, 09:07 PM
:waving:not that big of area just pull them.

jdmcat
08-08-2008, 09:41 PM
First of all, if you are going to be applying any pesticides (this includes RoundUp) you need to have a pesticide license and insurance unless you are doing it at your own house.

Secondly, what do you mean by "stone" driveway? Is it gravel, concrete, pavers???

topsites
08-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I used to string trim gravel driveways, what a rush.

Cashio13
08-09-2008, 12:39 AM
I used to string trim gravel driveways, what a rush.

haha you never know which way the rocks are gonna fly. by the way...RUSH RULES!

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-09-2008, 08:55 AM
i still dont see whats wrong with round up

jdmcat
08-09-2008, 01:11 PM
i still dont see whats wrong with round up

Roundup is post-emergence only. He was asking what he can use to prevent weeds.

hackitdown
08-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Besides picking weeds need something to put down on a stone driveway and walk to keep weeds away,anything other then roundup how often should i do it want to stay ahead of the weeds

You could try concrete.

kayeproperties
08-10-2008, 12:21 AM
I agree whats wrong with round-up

CkLandscapingOrlando
08-10-2008, 10:00 AM
If your talking about burning the weeds out with a weed eater then I dont think round up is a step backwards.I spray all my properties monthly and dont seem to have a problem.The cost is completly covered in the fact that I have almost zero line triming.Out side of mowing line triming takes the most time on most properties.If we were talking about turf then a pre emergent might work.or talking about a 1/4in.-1/2in.gap in between pavers.even if you kill the seeds every day they'll just blow right back in the cracks.I could be wrong but I think you'll waste more chemical in the long run with a pre emergent

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I have seen that just plan Round up does the job the best.
Is weekly like triming ,can go opps its 4 in now and I think I need to spray it .
spray it every week ( the saying a little dab a duya):)

Whitey4
08-11-2008, 01:05 AM

If you go through all the hoops, classes, tests and insurance bills that would make you legal to apply herbicides like this, you would already know the answer in a state like Connecticut. You don't like Roundup? Why? You a tree huggin organic person? Vinegar is more toxic than Roundup, and it never breaks down.... but it's organic, so it must be safer....

Go to Home Depot. Ask those tools this question.... you will feel at home with them. I'm a certified applicator, and I'm not going to give you any advice, that's for darn sure.