PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a lift gate on their dump truck?

Chicago Landscapes
08-08-2008, 09:13 PM
We're doing a good amount of hard scape jobs in the city where using a skid steer for removal is impossible because of accessibility. We've been using our dumping trailer when we can find space to park it , and also have been ramping the wheel barrels into the truck. Each method is a real pain a**, but it gets done. I've been thinking about getting a lift gate installed on our f-450to lift and lower the wheel barrels two at a time in the truck. Does anyone have one on their truck? Thanks for any imput-

seabee1
08-08-2008, 11:03 PM
it almost impossible to put one on a hoisted bed safely not enough ridgeity in the body and enough clearance to clear the frame when hoisted .

stuvecorp
08-09-2008, 01:24 AM
I worked at a landscapers that had a two ton Chevy with one, it wasn't dumping but was real handy for off loading trees or even rock. I would like one every once and a while when I need to get the compactor on and off and I am by myself.

BrandonV
08-09-2008, 09:59 AM
we have a crew cab mitfuso w/ a dump thru liftgate and we absolutely love the thing. the only downside to it is if you're dumping mulch, we don't w/ that truck but the problem in-lies w/ the fact that since the door is swinging it's makes it difficult for the mulch to get out of the bed. and yes we do exactly what you're talking about all the time, be it rocks, motor mix or sand. You might also look into a switch n go or hook lift, we bought one of these and the real benefit that we didn't think of when purchasing but figured out later is that our sk650 mini skids can now load a truck, that was a bonus either way, do everything you can to eliminate you're labor and strain.

Chicago Landscapes
08-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the reply- After checking at the Tommy gate website, it looked like when the gate is lifted to the level of the bed to you can either lower it back down or keep it locked level (flush) with the bed. If the gate remains flush with the bed, why can't you dump or shovel materials from the truck in the same manner as you would with a standard tailgate secured with the chains? Just wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

BrandonV
08-10-2008, 04:21 PM
i'll take you some pics of mine tomorrow (if i remember)

Chicago Landscapes
08-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks tomscreek

BrandonV
08-11-2008, 10:25 PM
mine is a ultron dt liftgate
http://www.ultronlift.com/product1.html

very happy w/ it so far. we've even loaded our sk650 in the back of the truck via the liftgate on a couple of occasions. gate can lift 3k lbs from 18" out.

BrandonV
08-12-2008, 06:40 PM
took one more today w/ an injured sk... new track time.

Chicago Landscapes
08-13-2008, 08:41 PM
I really appreciate your help with the pictures and comments. I'm going to purchase one for a new truck we're buying before winter. You guys are doing some nice landscaping. Plants, pavers, stone work, very nice.

2 clowns mowing
08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
we have one on our dump and it works great