PDA

View Full Version : jobsite storage?

stuvecorp
08-09-2008, 01:15 AM
I have used a Knaak job box that holds most of tools but doesn't hold the block splitter or compactor and it gets frustrating because it has to be packed just right to fit it all in. I like the job box because the skids can move it right where we are working where the trailer isn't always able to and I think it may attract some attention. Any way, does any one use something like a storage pod? There was some on Ebay and it looked like everything could be put in and still moved with the big skid. Just wondering, any thoughts would be cool.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
08-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Enclosed Trailer. use the search box. tons of great pics. i have one and would not trade it for the world.

Oasis-Outdoor
08-09-2008, 01:41 PM
ETW Man (Earth, Turf & Wood) on here has an excellent system with roll back storage units that are dropped at the hardscaping jobsites. I cannot remember the title to the thread. It is something about equipment pictures I believe. Check them out, they are really cool. These would be cost prohibitive, as you also have to have a truck that is set up to handle the roll-off containers.

stuvecorp
08-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Enclosed Trailer. use the search box. tons of great pics. i have one and would not trade it for the world.

I don't want a trailer because it's another thing to license and usually carry the job box into the backyard or where ever. I thought the storage pod could be set on the back of a truck and still pull the skid at the same time. Thanks for the response.

markam70
08-09-2008, 04:14 PM
we use an f-450 with a 12' enclosed utility body.

hickslawns
08-10-2008, 08:21 AM
We have an old Frito Lay truck with an aluminum Gruman body on it. 4 cyl cummins diesel. 16' box lettered can be seen for a long way. Good advertisement and does the job. Believe it or not the box on wheels gets 15mpg. But we have to plate it and insure it which sounds like something you didn't want to do. Anyone interested in these kind of trucks I would recommend them. Picked ours up for $2200. I couldn't buy a box truck or enclosed for this price.

Majesticman
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
Cable lock the splitter to a tree or skidsteer. Keep the overhead down

DUSTYCEDAR
08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
have a box built to fit what u need
its not a big deal