PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Speed Zone

skyrex99
08-09-2008, 03:11 AM
I bought a 25 gal ATV boom sprayer to kill the weeds at the little league. I purchased a gallon of Speed Zone and have read the attached instructions. It didn't tell me how many ounces per gallon to mix. What it did say, I didn't understand. Example: Spray volumes of 3-220 gallons per acre with sprayer adjusted to 20-40 psi are appropriate.

Obviously, this is more complex than screwing a bottle of weed and feed on the end of a hose. If someone could walk me through this, I'ld appreciate it.

greendoctor
08-09-2008, 04:40 AM
What you need to do is callibrate your sprayer. Fill the sprayer with water only. Measure off a 1000 sq ft area. Spray it with the water in the tank using the same pump pressure and travel speed you would use if doing it with the herbicide. Refill the tank taking note of how much water was used. The amount of water used is the gallons per 1000 sq ft. Speedzone is applied at a specific rate per 1000. For example: if your test run resulted in your needing 1 gallon per 1000, you are covering 25,000 sq ft per tank. So you need to add the amount of Speedzone indicated for the type of grass being treated. Off the top of my head, it is 1.5 oz per 1000. The correct way to apply herbicide to a lawn is not how many ounces per gallon. It is how much per 1000 or acre. I will not answer questions about how much per gallon unless I know what the application rate of the sprayer is per 1000 for the individual operator.

skyrex99
08-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks GMD. Now, that I can understand. Thanks for taking the time.

greendoctor
08-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Since you understood the explanation, I feel much more comfortable about you doing this yourself. You are on your way to performing a professional quality applicaton.

humble1
08-12-2008, 11:00 PM
I mix speedzone southern at a high rate in the spraing now im at 1.7oz per K and works on most everything except violets they suck