PDA

View Full Version : honda motor..no spark on the perm a green

ant
08-09-2008, 12:03 PM
the honda motor on my perm a green sprayer seems that there is no spark. oil seems fine , switch is on*trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag*
what else can i look at?

bj22
08-09-2008, 01:52 PM
the wire harness is corroded and or the nuetral safty switch is shot. just happenned to me. should be able to disconnect and start it up

ant
08-09-2008, 01:54 PM
how u shut it down?

bj22
08-09-2008, 01:54 PM
choke it out

tlg
08-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Disconnect the low oil sending unit wire and see if it starts. Sometimes the low oil sensor goes bad sending a false low oil signal. Killing the spark.

turf hokie
08-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Also, if it is an ultra check under the plastics. In the front there is a small fuse. If this blows then the machine will not start.

grassguy_
08-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Pull back the spark plug coveron the plug wire back and lay it on the block of the motor and see if you are getting spark from the magnito or as bj22 said, check if the safety switch is not working correctly for starters. I'm not sure but do the Honda motors that are on the PG's have the circuit breaker on them for the low oil indicator? i know on my spray tanks they had them at one time and would trip from time to time.

jdmcat
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I had a Honda motor on one of my spray rigs that would die at random and would sometimes start back up, other times not. When it happened I would drive back to the shop and it would start. I checked the oil, it was full. Disconnected the oil alert, still wouldn't start. Checked the spark plug, functional. It wasn't until I stood back and let someone else try to start it that I saw that the spark of the plug wire grounding out on the valve cover. It seems a small hole had worn in the wire, a little electrical tape and I've yet to have another problem.

grassguy_
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
jdmcat
I know what you mean, lol, have had a similar problem before! Luckily as we were trying to start the motor early in the morning and the garage was still abit dim, the arc from the plug being grounded by a bare wire showed up really easy. I know too, that INSIDE the plug wire, there was a fuse where it makes contact with the plug. was never used to seeing that either.

Hissing Cobra
08-09-2008, 07:11 PM
There's actually two switches. There's one on the handlebars and the other one is on the front of the engine, out of sight. Make sure that one is "on" too.

Runner
08-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Not to be off subject, here, but mine is the Tecumseh motor on the Ultra SE, and mine has a bad "delta switch". It was doing the random "spark and start when it wanted" thing. I unwrapped and unhooked a wire plug at the lower right (when standing on the machine). Now, I just keep the wires disconnected and touch the wires together when I need to shut it off. I just haven't got around to ordering this new switch yet (which contains the whole wiring setup).

RigglePLC
08-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Everybody above has good suggestions. How did you determine that there was no spark? If you pull the wire off and hold it near the block while someone is spinning the starter--you should get a spark of about 3/4 ths of an inch. Need a dark garage. Also, the plug could be fouled or just bad --replace it to be sure. Also check the fuel situation--will it start if you squirt some fuel into carb?