PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on 2007 Super Z

Baseballer1100
08-09-2008, 04:24 PM
The mower has 60" deck, 27 hp Kohler engine. Right now 50 hours flex forks and what not great deal. I will be cutting mostly bluegrass, fescue and some weedy areas. How does this mower do? Would you all suggest this mower or to stay away from?

Metro Lawn
08-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I run mostly Super Zs, and replacing the remaining Exmarks and Dixies with them. I have nothing but good things to say about them. If it has the XR7 deck, I would suggest letting the dealer install the baffle kit for a better cut in the blue grass. The kit should be free if it has not been put on already.

davis45
08-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Great mowers, I cut mostly fescue and I love mine. I have, i think, 1025 hours on it and still runs and cuts perfect.

Baseballer1100
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
I run mostly Super Zs, and replacing the remaining Exmarks and Dixies with them. I have nothing but good things to say about them. If it has the XR7 deck, I would suggest letting the dealer install the baffle kit for a better cut in the blue grass. The kit should be free if it has not been put on already.

Great mowers, I cut mostly fescue and I love mine. I have, i think, 1025 hours on it and still runs and cuts perfect.

Thanks guys I dont know why but i cant seem to pull the trigger. Maybe ill just need to sleep on it haha.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
08-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Are you able to demo the mower at all, i'd suggest you try one out in your area 1st. The Super is a great mower. It cuts well in some areas and horrible in others. I am not bashing Hustler Guys . I just hate to see ya spend Over $7,000 Bucks if the mower doesnt cut well for you in your area. Best of Luck.

Baseballer1100
08-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Are you able to demo the mower at all, i'd suggest you try one out in your area 1st. The Super is a great mower. It cuts well in some areas and horrible in others. I am not bashing Hustler Guys . I just hate to see ya spend Over $7,000 Bucks if the mower doesnt cut well for you in your area. Best of Luck.

Im not able to as it is kind of a drive however i do see alot of people using hustler mowers in my area. which i guess could tell me something but not exactly what I want. I wont be spending anywhere close to 7,000 on this mower fortunately.

tacoma200
08-09-2008, 07:55 PM
The mower has 60" deck, 27 hp Kohler engine. Right now 50 hours flex forks and what not great deal. I will be cutting mostly bluegrass, fescue and some weedy areas. How does this mower do? Would you all suggest this mower or to stay away from?

Mine didn't do very well at all in Southern Kentucky. Your over 100 miles north so it might be different. Mixed grass and grass with weeds were the biggest problem. You don't see any down here but the Lexington area has a few. My opinion is that Exmark, Scag, Grasshopper are the state wide favorites with some Dixies and Gravely ZTR's mixed in. It's your money but you really need to demo for a few days.

Crabgrass and other weeds that grow at an angle are especially difficult to cut with the XR7. I did it's best on Bermuda and thick pure turf grass. It doesn't have the lift to give a good cut if you get into a thin area. Just my opinion. I mowed side by side with an Exmark Lazer Z and a Hustler Super Z in late Summer one year, took pictures and documented everything and the Lazer with the Ultra Cut was the clear winner as far as cut goes. The Hustler handled better, rode better and was more comfortable but customers asked me not to use it. I tried all the update kits. Good luck.

Baseballer1100
08-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Mine didn't do very well at all in Southern Kentucky. Your over 100 miles north so it might be different. Mixed grass and grass with weeds were the biggest problem. You don't see any down here but the Lexington area has a few. My opinion is that Exmark, Scag, Grasshopper are the state wide favorites with some Dixies and Gravely ZTR's mixed in. It's your money but you really need to demo for a few days.

Crabgrass and other weeds that grow at an angle are especially difficult to cut with the XR7. I did it's best on Bermuda and thick pure turf grass. It doesn't have the lift to give a good cut if you get into a thin area. Just my opinion. I mowed side by side with an Exmark Lazer Z and a Hustler Super Z in late Summer one year, took pictures and documented everything and the Lazer with the Ultra Cut was the clear winner as far as cut goes. The Hustler handled better, rode better and was more comfortable but customers asked me not to use it. I tried all the update kits. Good luck.

Yeah i have searched on this before and i seriously think your the reason for not buying it. haha. Its a good thing. I have a scag tiger cub now but its only a 48 and i need something bigger and when this one came up for 5k. I almost felt like i couldnt pass it up. But I think im going to have to. Most of my accounts need a high lift deck.

Metro Lawn
08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah i have searched on this before and i seriously think your the reason for not buying it. haha. Its a good thing. I have a scag tiger cub now but its only a 48 and i need something bigger and when this one came up for 5k. I almost felt like i couldnt pass it up. But I think im going to have to. Most of my accounts need a high lift deck.

I run double high lift blades and my Hustlers will cut any type of grass and weeds with no issues. It also gives great distance when throwing clippings with no clumping. If you have a picture phone, send me your number. I will send you some pics of different cuts.

Here is a bluegrass lawn cut with one of mine.