PDA

View Full Version : Trailer help

ryry278
08-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey all I am looking to get a enclosed trailer finally so i can be more professional looking and the ease of use. I will be hauling it to college campus than leaving to work so i will need enclosed for the security and weather. I drive a 2004 GMC 2500 Diesel so weight is not a huge issue. But here is my problem i do not want to spend more then $3000 on a trailer and i am planning on getting a new mower or two new mowers next year ( dixie chopper) so i can get a 12x6 for $2000 but than i will have to get a 50" cut and only haul one, but i do have a 14 ft open i could haul if i needed to have 2 mowers one day. Most of the yards i do are residential 30 min mows on my mower. but i do plan on expanding next year and having some state parks where i will need two mowers. So should i get a 6x12 and get a smaller deck and if i need another mower i can just throw it on my open and go since that will probally only be one day a week. or get a 14ft enclosed where i can fit two 60" mowers in. The 14ft cost around $2800 to $3000 used. I also plan on spending alot to have it painted and lettered really good and getting racks and the such for the inside.

TXNSLighting
08-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Get the bigger one. Personally i would go 16 but thats just me.

ryry278
08-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Yea that is what i meant there is a guy here with a 16ft for sale for 2800 but i dont know the condition.

TXNSLighting
08-09-2008, 08:53 PM
o done deal! id look at it and snatch it up!

mower&more1986
08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I'd say it depends how big of trailer you can store. for me I had limited space and had to sell mine because the city would not let me park it in the street or my yard. I did get it in the driveway tho but it didnt look very safe in the driveway being a down hill driveway. I would suppose if i had gotten trailer brakes that lock i would felt better about it but i didnt know if that would of worked. The dealer i bought from is still around and still stocks them so im may get a new one someday not sure on the size tho. used it mainly to haul my atv. but that's because i did mostly relatives lawns.

dura to the max
08-09-2008, 11:12 PM
get at least the 14'. the 12' is only a single axle and wouldnt handle the weight of 2 dc's even if you could squeeze them in. it's an investment, and a large one. dont waste $$$$ on a trailer that is going to be outgrown in a year as you continue to expand. i had a 7'x16' enclosed and it was about perfect for a 60" dc. however i didnt like working out of it, but leaving it on a college campus during the day i understand your plight.

mower&more1986
08-10-2008, 02:13 AM
I dont know what world you live in but times are rough with gas at or almost $4.00 gallon but i dont want to get into that anyways
you dont want to invest too much money. the 6x12 i had was 13ft inside and allso could come in a tandem axle.
and one other thing try stay from buying these things on credit:nono:
stay with having almost everything paid for.
when i see LCOs out pulling those big enclosed trailer just cant firgure out how they can afford it unless they have everything paid.
You guys may not like to here that but Ive seen too many younger people like me ether go bankrupt or almost. luckly i found a job quick becuase of my dad and was able to stay far away from doing that.
Have a niice day:)
http://www.rondotrailer.com/commerce/item/index.php?departmentID=2&parentID=1&itemID=2528
this brand i like it better tho
http://www.rondotrailer.com/commerce/item/index.php?departmentID=2&parentID=1&itemID=217

TXNSLighting
08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I dont know what world you live in but times are rough with gas at or almost $4.00 gallon but i dont want to get into that anyways
you dont want to invest too much money. the 6x12 i had was 13ft inside and allso could come in a tandem axle.
and one other thing try stay from buying these things on credit:nono:
stay with having almost everything paid for.
when i see LCOs out pulling those big enclosed trailer just cant firgure out how they can afford it unless they have everything paid.
You guys may not like to here that but Ive seen too many younger people like me ether go bankrupt or almost. luckly i found a job quick becuase of my dad and was able to stay far away from doing that.
Have a niice day:)
http://www.rondotrailer.com/commerce/item/index.php?departmentID=2&parentID=1&itemID=2528
this brand i like it better tho
http://www.rondotrailer.com/commerce/item/index.php?departmentID=2&parentID=1&itemID=217

you must not be marketing well. Times arent that bad... your way over thinking everything. you get the bigger trailer everytime. hes got a good business. ive got a good business. you buy stuff you need when business is well. even tho the economy isnt that well, people are still spendin money all over. if he wants the 16 foot he should get it.

O! and your never going to get anywhere in life if you dont take chances! Its ok to finance. just make sure you pay it off as soon as you can by workin!