PDA

View Full Version : New (to me) Trailer

mtcjb
08-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Just wondering if you guys think this was a deal or not, I am happy with it so it doesnt matter either way :)

I picked it up from a firefighter/LCO who just wanted to drop down to a 6x12 single axle, it was his full time trailer till last Wednesday, he bought it new roughly 5 years ago. It even came with the diamond plate toolbox. used it today for the first time and it worked perfect for my needs Paid $900 for it, it is 6'4 x 16' and i do plan on 2 more 225 75 15s for it, a tail light,change the wiring plug to fit my truck and maybe a little touch up paint.

......grrrr saved pics to max compression and it tells me must be 800x800 I used a feature to crop to 800 by 800 and about all i could fit in that space was a tire ;)

mtcjb
08-09-2008, 09:58 PM
swapped programs....need to get corel off of here, anyway here it is :)

Kennedy Landscaping
08-09-2008, 10:49 PM
looks like a strong trailer, little paint on the floor and rims, a little tire shine and you'll be in business! nice trailer though

KrayzKajun
08-09-2008, 10:52 PM
nice trailer congrats!

Guzman Properties
08-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Congrats!!! good luck with it!!!

dura to the max
08-10-2008, 12:02 AM
looks good, rather than go through the pita of changing the plug i would get an adapter. unless you buy the nice plugs that you fully swap you're going to have a time. the ones at tsc and northern tool are made in china, and even though it says it fits w/e wiring harness, it usually doesnt. the color codes are almost always different.

Lawn Enforcer
08-10-2008, 12:44 AM
I think that's a good price if it's built as good as it looks like it is. Little paint and it should look HOT!

corey4671
08-10-2008, 12:50 AM
are those garage door springs on the gate? Do everyone a favor and if it has not been done yet and it doesn't look like it has, run a cable through that spring and anchor it at both ends before one of those springs break and kills you or someone else.

Just trying to look out for your safety here. After all, you are not a know it all fire fighter from Kansas that will never have an accident.

mtcjb
08-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the idea Corey, have a buddy that lost an eye to a garage door spring and was trying to figure out a safety mechanism. Love em though can lift the gate with 2 fingers and have to hold it back to keep it from slamming shut.