PDA

View Full Version : Credit/Debit Card on File

RocketLab
08-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I am new to this industry :waving: and in formulating a business plan. It is evolving as I experience the different situations out there every day. I am really intrigued by those who require a card on file (MowHouston for one)with your company as to the customer's acceptance or hesitancy to do this. It seems like a great idea but do you encounter much resistance?

By the way, this site and you contributors to it are extremely beneficial to the new guy starting out.

lawnman_scott
08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Most normal people are past the "scared of giving card number"thing. It is actually much safer than giving a check these days. The ones who resist are for the most part the ones who wont pay.

LBLC_LCO
08-10-2008, 12:40 PM
How or what do you need to do to be able to accept CC's (besides paypal). and keep them on file?

Roger
08-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Having a CC number on file is one thing. Paying the fees for transacting business is another. Yes, it would be nice to be able to collect every evening on work done that day, and apparently some LCOs are doing this. I applaud them. But, I would not consider asking my customers of many years, people who have paid reliably for those years, for a CC number.

BTW, I would NEVER give my CC number to a grass cutter. I refuse to give my CC to the waiter/waitress at a restaurant for processing. I follow them to the processing station, and slide the card through the reader, and return it to my wallet.