PDA

View Full Version : Cat QUick Attatch Won't Release


LazyV
08-10-2008, 11:58 AM
The pins on my quick attach seem to be stuck down on my 1999 or so cat 236 (wheeled), so I cannot get my bucket off.

Any ideas?
kinda green here

RockSet N' Grade
08-10-2008, 01:09 PM
high pressure wash the pins or wash off with a hose to clean any debris off. make sure the zerks are greased. spray wd40 or some lubricant over entire assembly. lift bucket and tilt bucket down so there is no pressure on pins and try and release. make sure you are in a safe position, keep bucket edge close to ground and block if necessary to prevent complete release, if they now release, get back in machine and remove bucket in proper manner.

bobcat_ron
08-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Hydraulic or manual Quick Attach?

You might need to put something really heavy on the edge of the bucket, most common problems I have had with all machines is the wedges get jammed up, there is material stuck between the bucket and Q/A frame and you need to get that bucket to "crush" it's self closer to take the tension off.

If it's the Hydraulic coupler, there might be a small rock jammed behind the linkage bars from the cylinders or around the wedge pins.. I do have a thread here with pics on some modifications with rubber mud flaps that keep the wedge pins and linkages clean.

bobcat_ron
08-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I couldn't find the thread, but here's a simple modification to keep the exposed wedge pins clean.
I cut strips to slide in between and under the cylinder mounts and they are held in place by 2 self tapping screws, the rubber was cut just a bit wider to give them enough tension to hold them in place, but I can still remove them quickly to clean out every few months.
There is also a larger piece over the mounts from the Hydraulic Q/A cylinders, it is 1/2" wider to act like a gasket against the bucket, this keeps gravel and mud from packing in between the frame and bucket.

CAT powered
08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I used to have an issue with my hydraulic disconnect not wanting to pull out of a brand new set of forks I had. I had to hit the switch while I was in the cab and have someone hit the pins with a hammer so they'd let go. I ground out where the pins went through the forks with a die grinder. Not a lot just maybe 1/8" and they open like they should now.