PDA

View Full Version : My Walker set up

shade tree landscaping
08-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Heres a few pics of my Walkers after washing them. The stripes in the background are made by the Walker. Both 42inch, one is a model C, 20hp 42inch GHS, and the other is a model b with 18hp 42inch mulch deck.

Lawn Enforcer
08-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Awesome! I would love both of those monsters

shade tree landscaping
08-10-2008, 08:17 PM
and a few more

metro36
08-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Nice Walkers. I'm jealous!

02DURAMAX
08-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Nice walkers!!!!!!!!!

GrassmasterB
08-10-2008, 09:46 PM
shade tree, very nice setup you have there. how do you like the mb? i was thinking about buying one in 09' to go along with my mtghs i bought this year.

STIHL GUY
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
nice walkers. i would love one of those

S man
08-10-2008, 10:49 PM
They look like they are in love. lol When is baby walker due? lol Seriously nice mowers. How good is the model b with the mulch deck? How good does it mulch? Looks geat!

windsory
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
They look like they are in love. lol When is baby walker due? lol Seriously nice mowers. How good is the model b with the mulch deck? How good does it mulch? Looks geat!

lol I was thinking the same exact thing.

shade tree,
you're one of the few guys around here that uses walkers as main mowers. why is that? I have a 42" MC and a 44" toro z master and use the toro on almost every lawn.

dura to the max
08-10-2008, 11:50 PM

it doesnt matter, remember down where you are the only mower that will do any good is the exmark...:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

shade tree landscaping
08-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback, they usually arent that clean I had just got done washing them rite before I took the pics. The baby Walker is due in december HAHA!!!!

The model b is good, only complaint is the mulch deck in really wet or really tall thick grass then you need to double cut it.

I use walkers only for two reasons, one they are the only machines I have, and two the cut with them is great! I love the fact the deck flip up for easy cleaning and changing blades, and great dealer goes a really long way. Oh and them being a all year money maker doesnt hurt either.

shade tree landscaping
08-11-2008, 09:26 AM
WINDSORY where in Monmouth Cty are you doing most of your work? Everyone around here has a Walker, but yes most have others on their trailer and use them more. I think that the only reason is that the walkers can be a little on the slow side when compared to an Exmark or Bobcat or something along those lines. Hopefully by next year I will have either an exmark or bobcat to go along with my setup.

grass2cash
08-11-2008, 10:10 AM
"Boy, you shol' got some purdy mowers" <"Deliverance" music playing in the background>

Your website is also very nice and professional. Keep doing what you do.

MortonLawn
08-11-2008, 06:34 PM
it doesnt matter, remember down where you are the only mower that will do any good is the exmark...:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

hahaha!! too funny :)

dura to the max
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
"Boy, you shol' got some purdy mowers" <"Deliverance" music playing in the background>

Your website is also very nice and professional. Keep doing what you do.

i checked out the website and liked it. however i think on the photo section i oulod have less pictures of the same properties. as it stands it looks like you have done relatively few landscape/hardscape installs. your work is great, but it looks like you have only done a handful of these type projects. i would want someone w/ as much experience as possible if i was going to lay down that kind of money. i think its a great site, just my .02 on the pics. i think it makes you look like you have little experience in this field, your work is great, but i get the impression that you have only done several of these type projects. just trying to help...

shade tree landscaping
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I dont have much experiance on my own, thats why I have the pics that I have up. I look at it as better to have a few pics than no pics at all. As far as the hardscaping pics thats the only job that I have done worth taking pics so thats why there are a bunch of them. Thanks for the critisim though, always looking for feedback weather it positive or negitave!

South Florida Lawns
08-11-2008, 09:51 PM
whats the ground speed on one of them things?

ed2hess
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Nice units. Could I assume that you are going to do a lot of leave clean-up work with this combination. It would seem like this is a perfect combination of units. You could go in with your mulcher and reduce the yard down before coming behind and cleaning up with bagger. The blow and suck guys keep telling me that mulching won't work up north on leaf cleanup...any thoughts on this.

dura to the max
08-12-2008, 12:11 AM
I dont have much experiance on my own, thats why I have the pics that I have up. I look at it as better to have a few pics than no pics at all. As far as the hardscaping pics thats the only job that I have done worth taking pics so thats why there are a bunch of them. Thanks for the critisim though, always looking for feedback weather it positive or negitave!

i do like the site, just my .02. i think it looks great.

shade tree landscaping
08-12-2008, 01:03 AM
there is no way that you could mulch leaves here. When the leaves start to really fall most of the homes I do you can't see the grass or beds.

The model b is fast, 8mph the model B is slower I think the book says 5mph, which is funny b/c the model b is 2hp smaller of an engine.

J&R Landscaping
08-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Nice equipment! I like your logog as well!

lot0210
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
You ought to put your logo on the dump of the bigger one (sorry do not know the models off the top of my head) . Its what I wold do .

shade tree landscaping
08-15-2008, 08:26 PM
thats not a bad idea with putting the logo on the side of the hopper, not sure how good it would stick the hopper has a weird texture, its not smooth. But I am def gonna look into doing that, never even though of that.

As far as the logo I made it from one of the ones on the gopher site. If anyone needs a logo PM me, I can do them really cheap