PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Skid Steer ever heard of it ???

Stinchcomb Lawn
08-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Im looking for a new skid steer. I dont need nothing big or for everyday use. A customer of mine has a Thomas 175. Does anyone know anything about these ?? Thanks !!

Junior M
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
i know of some people that have had good luck with them but others that wont get near one with a ten foot stick.. but i would go with a more popular brand for dealer availibility like bobcat, cat, asv, new holland, john deere, and takehuchi (something like that). the real deciders on buying one is going and running all the brands and deciding what you like best.

bobcat_ron
08-10-2008, 10:23 PM
They were ( I used "were" as they are tits up) tanks of the skid steer world, built damn heavy, open loop hydraulics, massive fuel tank and oil tank, each on the corner of the machine and surrounded in heavy "armour" plating. Absolute power houses. I ran a T133 for a week and loved it, but ass heavy though.

Stinchcomb Lawn
08-11-2008, 07:24 PM
I think I found a used cat. Thanks for the replies !!

bobcat_ron
08-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh thank God!!!

jefftb
08-11-2008, 09:33 PM

Yeah, pet adoption is sometimes the best:rolleyes:

Ohh, you meant a used CAT.

Sorry, is was too good of an opening....

AMCAT
08-11-2008, 09:47 PM

Just for interests sake would you tell us what CAT you found ???:dizzy:

Junior M
08-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh thank God!!!
glad you did find a good used cat. keep us updated on how finding a skid goes!

why do you say that? he will probably go demo it and it will fall apart as soon as he turns his back on it. gosh durn kittypillar so over rated!! haha (just messing around)

Stinchcomb Lawn
08-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I found a 236B with cab and air. It has 502 hrs, it needs tires and the front window has a small crack. This machine was used in a hay business for loading and unloading on concrete so the tires are gone!! It has a couple of scratches and a small dent in the rear. I can get it for 23,000 ?? What do you think ?? I think it is 3 or 4 years old. :usflag:

AMCAT
08-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I found a 236B with cab and air. It has 502 hrs, it needs tires and the front window has a small crack. This machine was used in a hay business for loading and unloading on concrete so the tires are gone!! It has a couple of scratches and a small dent in the rear. I can get it for 23,000 ?? What do you think ?? I think it is 3 or 4 years old. :usflag:

Can't see why you would be dissapointed :cool2:but i would think for that price you might be able to get one with 2 spd or does your machine have 2 spd on it ??maybe thats not an issue for you but anyway good luck !!!!:clapping:

zedosix
08-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Have owned 3 Thomas skidsteers, t95, t133 and still own as a second shop unit a t153. NEVER HAD PROBLEMS with them, in fact the 153 has 2000 TROUBLE FREE hours on it , too late now obviously, but they are fantastic, reliable units.

bobcat_ron
08-12-2008, 07:23 PM

Not a bad deal, hopefully it's only 2 years old, not 3 or 4, have the dealer ship throw in some new tires for the price and tie a ribbon on it!

CAT powered
08-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I have a 236B and I love the machine. I bought it June 07 for $24,000. It's an 05 (I think) with full cab, heat/AC, hydraulic disconnect, and great looking factory tires(I assume since they said CAT on the sidewall) plus a spare already mounted on a rim. It had somewhere around 380 hours when I bought it. So far my only issue has been the hydraulic disconnect not staying latched, but that was fixed by adding hydraulic fluid.

23k sounds high to me for that machine, but I don't really know today's market. Good luck finding a machine though.

Stinchcomb Lawn
08-12-2008, 09:42 PM
The machine is an 06 I was thinking it was older. I was thinking that 23K was a gret price after looking in the equipment trader. The same unit in there was over 30K I dont know! Should I keep looking ???

Mowingman
08-12-2008, 10:09 PM
forget the Thomas. They went bankrupt, sold out to some foreign investment outfit, sold again to another investment company. Have restarted production with a limited line of machines. I believe the new factory is in China or korea.

zedosix
08-12-2008, 10:15 PM
forget the Thomas. They went bankrupt, sold out to some foreign investment outfit, sold again to another investment company. Have restarted production with a limited line of machines. I believe the new factory is in China or korea.

You guys are locked in your own little world down there aren't ya.

Mowingman
08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I used to really like the Thomas machines. However, with the recent ownership changes and new "Asian" production plans, I would not even think about buying one now.

You guys are locked in your own little world down there aren't ya.

CAT powered
08-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Stinchcomb go to machinerytraderdotcom and find CAT 236B machines that are within your general area. I drove out to Ohio from Connecticut to pick up my machine. It was definitely worth the 20+ hour round trip in just driving time.